The upside of Lucas Raymond

The upside of Lucas Raymond

• Total voters

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Solid 1st liner. Borderline superstar. I was really hoping he’d drop to Ott but I’m kinda happy Det took him cuz I have a feeling that Sens still would’ve taken Sanderson and I’d still be annoyed as hell.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Daniel Alfredsson is his upside
Pretty much.

I've watched him a lot this year and what impresses me the most is his work ethic and fundamentals. Defensively sound, forechecks and backchecks hard, often takes the "center assignments", i.e. being deep in the defensive zone or covering for a D that pinches.
For an 18 year old winger that's very impressive.

He doesn't cheat to create offense and doesn't force offensive plays a lot. I could see him being someone that "only" scores 50-70 points some seasons but fans deem more valuable than just point production indicates.

Reactions: Realgud

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
It's very high. Definitely has superstar upside, I just wouldn't say he's definitely going to get there.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I think its a regular all star. Closer to superstar than odd all star appearance since we going with upside.

This guy is a gamer. Johnny Guadreau with a bit more size.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
His ceiling is very high. That’s why he was selected so high. I see his floor as a second line, 60 point winger.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He does a lot of the little things right already for a young guy and has some serious offensive upside. Hard to project without seeing who his center might be.

But I do think him feeding Zadina for along time on the PP could end up with a lot of pucks in the net

MrOT

Roenick / Modano / Hull
Jan 5, 2016
I think he buys himself time in a Petterssonesque way. Not quite as well but there is a similarity.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
He does so many things right with and without the puck. His offensive talent is sky high IMO, can attack the middle of the ice with his head up so well. He controls and distributes the puck at a very high end level so I voted superstar. I really think he becomes the 2nd best player in this draft after Lafreniere.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Marner with a better shot, top 5 player in the league I’d say is his ceiling

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Pretty much.

I've watched him a lot this year and what impresses me the most is his work ethic and fundamentals. Defensively sound, forechecks and backchecks hard, often takes the "center assignments", i.e. being deep in the defensive zone or covering for a D that pinches.
For an 18 year old winger that's very impressive.

He doesn't cheat to create offense and doesn't force offensive plays a lot. I could see him being someone that "only" scores 50-70 points some seasons but fans deem more valuable than just point production indicates.

Alfredsson has a few 80+ point seasons and an 100+ point season, if Raymond's upside is Daniel Alfredsson then he'd have to put up a lot more than 50 points a season. Alfredsson was the 3rd highest scoring player of the 2000s, so that's a pretty high offensive upside to project to.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
His upside is clearly a superstar 1st line winger. I don't think it's the most likely outcome, but you rarely get drafted 4th overall without that type of upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad