The upcoming 4th line?!

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Haula-Bellemare-Carpenter

From what I saw from Haula & Carpenter having 5/5 excellent chemistry, this is what I came up with. Reaves is out for Bellemare to fit in, since I think Belly is the far more active player. The whole idea of this line is to utilize the hard work Carpy puts in by giving him an actual scorer.

For me this is a game breaking 4th line that has no problem going against top lines.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I don't think that's a great line. Your fourth line has to just control the action and get more goals than they give up. Adding skill players to it isn't a real help. Haula's two-way game still has to be proven to me. People going to keep knocking Nosek but he's the best answer on the line for his goal prevention skills.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I don't think that's a great line. Your fourth line has to just control the action and get more goals than they give up. Adding skill players to it isn't a real help. Haula's two-way game still has to be proven to me. People going to keep knocking Nosek but he's the best answer on the line for his goal prevention skills.

As a winger, Haula can be an effective back checker (afair from his days in Wild). I'm still really hoping Gallant will try X-haula-carpenter...

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Haula-Bellemare-Carpenter

From what I saw from Haula & Carpenter having 5/5 excellent chemistry, this is what I came up with. Reaves is out for Bellemare to fit in, since I think Belly is the far more active player. The whole idea of this line is to utilize the hard work Carpy puts in by giving him an actual scorer.

For me this is a game breaking 4th line that has no problem going against top lines.
Haula isn't a 4th liner. That's crazy talk. He is speed, you need weight on the 4th.

Reactions: GKG18

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Why is Reaves out for Belly to fit in? Belly is in because he's a center. While I dislike Reaves' overpaid contract, hes needed on the 4th like unless Carrier can play.

They would also get destroyed against good top lines as they wouldn't have the speed to keep up.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Haula isn't a 4th liner. That's crazy talk. He is speed, you need weight on the 4th.

It was speculative line trying to fit him in after the injury, without forcing high minutes.

I think Haula is versatile player and the team could benefit from him by matching up against 3rd or 4th line. He did 4 pretty amazing breakthrough goals in his rookie season playoffs when he played fourth line role. With speed, you don't necessarily have to have the most skilled team mates to score.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
It was speculative line trying to fit him in after the injury, without forcing high minutes.

I think Haula is versatile player and the team could benefit from him by matching up against 3rd or 4th line. He did 4 pretty amazing breakthrough goals in his rookie season playoffs when he played fourth line role. With speed, you don't necessarily have to have the most skilled team mates to score.

Carpy is a big boy and good on the forecheck. I'd like to see him slide to 4 and Haula with Eakin and Tuch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad