The Unwritten Rules of Hockey

Marns

Jul 31, 2006
Toronto, ON
www.thestretchpass.com
I gotta laugh at some of these rules.
I'm not sure if this thread is just for pro hockey or competitive hockey, but as far as beer leagues go, everyone should relax and have fun.

I play in a pretty competitive mens league. We have guys that have actually played in the NHL, minor pro and about half have played some level of junior hockey.
However, even though it's pretty "serious" my main goal is to go out and have fun. I'm 32 and I seem to be one of the only people that realise I'm not playing in front of scouts (or anyone for that matter), and that standings don't mean squat because all the teams make the playoffs.

Some guys in the league don't even like it if you raise your hand after scoring a goal. I can't believe it. I raise my hand, or pump my fist every time I score (my arms will never have to worry about getting tired - ;)).

People need to relax and enjoy the game for what it is; a childs pastime. Have a coke and smile. There are quite a few people that, unfortunately, aren't physically or mentally healthy enough to play this game. Try not to take it too seriously. It's a game.

P.S. One of the only guys in the league that seems to share my outlook on the game is the one that actually played in the NHL. People who've never played pro want to be superstars so bad, they try to transform any league into their own NHL.
Great post. Particularly the part I highlighted, just puts it into perspective.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->