News Article: The underappreciated Steve Mason

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Excellent article as always.

I can't remember where I first read the theory to cite properly, but do you think part of Mason's under-appreciation is related to his biggest weakness (shootouts/breakaways) being easily identifiable by anyone, whether they have any idea of the mechanics of playing goal?

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Nice article.

unfortunately, the media and a large portion of the fans in this town would rather roll out tires old arguments than let the facts get in the way.

I don't expect people to act like he is Brodeur but it is silly to act like the Flyers have to overcome their goaltending in order to be contenders.

Flyersfan139

May 15, 2010
Exton, PA
Nice article.

unfortunately, the media and a large portion of the fans in this town would rather roll out tires old arguments than let the facts get in the way.

I don't expect people to act like he is Brodeur but it is silly to act like the Flyers have to overcome their goaltending in order to be contenders.

Yeah jesus. If we had Mason in 2010 we would have won the cup.

This is the best goaltending the Flyers have had in as long as I can remember.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
Im sure at least one article by the beat writers tomorrow will be mason or Nuevy in the playoffs. Of course they probably don't remember the last time the flyers were in the playoffs and mason played out of his mind in the 2nd period of the game they were eliminated. Not their fault they didn't watch hockey back then I gues

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The morons in this fanbase eat those articles up though. As long as that keeps happening those articles will keep gaining traction. Look at Bill's tweets whenever he says something positive about Mason, the responses are laughable.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Im sure at least one article by the beat writers tomorrow will be mason or Nuevy in the playoffs. Of course they probably don't remember the last time the flyers were in the playoffs and mason played out of his mind in the 2nd period of the game they were eliminated. Not their fault they didn't watch hockey back then I gues

If we had .921 Flyers-era Mason, yes, but not the .901 Mason from back then.

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
if you're talking of three factors to beat the Caps, I think number one is for Mason to do to the caps what Halak did to them in 2010. I think he can do it:yo:

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Nice article.

They're infuriatingly reactionary and forgetful. Having a hot backup is nice, but then people stop appreciating having a reliable starter for once. God help him if he gives a B-level performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->