The Ultimate Fantasy Draft - Rounds 1-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Burke

It seems xander isn't too interested in participating anymore. I've PMed him about missing his picks and he hasn't replied. Therefore I will be the interim GM of the Bruins and the Flyers, so if anyone wants them, they'll have to ask my permission.

That said, I get to steal the show as I have each of the next four picks, plus two others to make up for. Muhahahaha!

The Flyers are pleased to select right wing Milan Hejduk with their first round pick. The Flyers feel that Hejduk was simply too good to pass up, considering he led the league in goals two years ago. They are eager to build their team around such a quality sniper.

The Bruins are pleased to select goaltender Miikka Kiprusoff with their first round pick. The Bruins feel that goaltending is one of the most important positions, and as such, that a player like Kipper makes them a very solid team. They love his cool, calm demeanor and ability to come up with the big saves when it is needed the most.

The Bruins are pleased to select defenseman Ed Jovanovski with their second round pick. With Kipper and Jovanovski, the Bruins are off to a good start building their team from the goal out. Jovanovski is a well-rounded defenseman who is a solid power play QB and can play mean, physical hockey.

The Canucks are happy to select left winger Paul Kariya with their first pick. At $1.2 million, Kariya is a hockey bargain considering his impressive package of skills. The Canucks love Kariya's speed, playmaking touch and vision and his dynamic hands. They feel he is a great guy to build a team around.

The Flyers are happy to select left winger Simon Gagne with their second round pick. With Gagne and Hejduk, the Flyers will have a high-powered offense at a fairly low cost. Gagne has great wheels and a nice set of hands, and will form a deadly duo with Hejduk for the years to come.

The Capitals are happy to select center Scott Gomez with their first pick. The Capitals feel that Gomez, who scored 70 points this year and already has two Cup rings, is the perfect guy to build a team around. He's young and talented, doesn't make a bundle of money yet and gives them one of the best playmakers in the game.

Jon Burke

Nomis, could I ask you a favor - could you please enable PMs? That way you could PM others to tell them that they are on the clock and recieve PMs to let you know when you are up. It's also an easy way to negotiate trades.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Danrik said:
It seems xander isn't too interested in participating anymore. I've PMed him about missing his picks and he hasn't replied. Therefore I will be the interim GM of the Bruins and the Flyers, so if anyone wants them, they'll have to ask my permission.

That said, I get to steal the show as I have each of the next four picks, plus two others to make up for. Muhahahaha!

The Flyers are pleased to select right wing Milan Hejduk with their first round pick. The Flyers feel that Hejduk was simply too good to pass up, considering he led the league in goals two years ago. They are eager to build their team around such a quality sniper.

The Bruins are pleased to select goaltender Miikka Kiprusoff with their first round pick. The Bruins feel that goaltending is one of the most important positions, and as such, that a player like Kipper makes them a very solid team. They love his cool, calm demeanor and ability to come up with the big saves when it is needed the most.

The Bruins are pleased to select defenseman Ed Jovanovski with their second round pick. With Kipper and Jovanovski, the Bruins are off to a good start building their team from the goal out. Jovanovski is a well-rounded defenseman who is a solid power play QB and can play mean, physical hockey.

The Canucks are happy to select left winger Paul Kariya with their first pick. At $1.2 million, Kariya is a hockey bargain considering his impressive package of skills. The Canucks love Kariya's speed, playmaking touch and vision and his dynamic hands. They feel he is a great guy to build a team around.

The Flyers are happy to select left winger Simon Gagne with their second round pick. With Gagne and Hejduk, the Flyers will have a high-powered offense at a fairly low cost. Gagne has great wheels and a nice set of hands, and will form a deadly duo with Hejduk for the years to come.

The Capitals are happy to select center Scott Gomez with their first pick. The Capitals feel that Gomez, who scored 70 points this year and already has two Cup rings, is the perfect guy to build a team around. He's young and talented, doesn't make a bundle of money yet and gives them one of the best playmakers in the game.

Nice picks. I'm a little surprised at how early Gomez and Gagne went. I figured they still be around by round 3.

Jon Burke

Captain Canuck 19 said:
Nice picks. I'm a little surprised at how early Gomez and Gagne went. I figured they still be around by round 3.

I'm a big fan of Gomez, what can I say? He doesn't make a bundle of cash ($1 million last year), scored 70 pts, has won 2 Cups, has 306 career points in 394 career games and is just 24. There's really nothing not to like. Sure he's no Selke candidate, and doesn't bull people over, but he's a great playmaker and a great 2nd round pick, IMO.

Gagne was perhaps a bit of a reach, but again I'm a big fan of his. He has an amazing career plus/minus of +98, and already has nearly 250 points in just over 350 games. He is also young, doesn't make a ton of money and has Olympic experience. He's a great young player, who has been hindered of late by injuries and Philadelphia's scoring woes.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
This fit seems almost to perfect ;)...

With the next selection in Danrik's Fantasy Draft, the New Jersey Devils select LW Miroslav Satan

Satan, besides having a cool name, is one of the best shooters in the game. He can score goals in bunches, has shifty moves, and a nose for the net. He can burn you on the power play or shorthanded. He doesn't make a lot of money for a top line winger, which is good for a team on a budget.

New Jersey Devil Lines (subject to change)

:devils

Miroslav Satan - XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX

XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX

Evgeni Nabokov
XXXXX

New Jersey Devils Roster

G Evgeni Nabokov - $3,265,000
LW Miroslav Satan - $4,750,000

Total Salary - $8,375,000

Last edited:

Jon Burke

Captain Canuck 19 said:
This fit seems almost to perfect ;)...

With the next selection in Danrik's Fantasy Draft, the New Jersey Devils select LW Miroslav Satan

Satan, besides having a cool name, is one of the best shooters in the game. He can score goals in bunches, has shifty moves, and a nose for the net. He can burn you on the power play or shorthanded. He doesn't make a lot of money for a top line winger, which is good for a team on a budget.

New Jersey Devil Lines (subject to change)

:devils

Miroslav Satan - XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX

XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX

Evgeni Nabokov
XXXXX

New Jersey Devils Roster

G Evgeni Nabokov - $3,265,000
LW Miroslav Satan - $4,750,000

Total Salary - $8,375,000

*quivers*

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
MONTREAL CANADIENS ROSTER

xxx - Saku Koivu - Alex Kovalev
xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx

Zdeno Chara - xxx
xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx

Rick DiPietro
xxx

MONTREAL CANADIENS SALARY

Zdeno Chara (2,400,000$)
Saku Koivu (4,250,000$) [Captain]
Rick DiPietro (1,800,000$)
Alex Kovalev (6,600,000$)

Total Salary: 15,050,000$

Trades: The Montreal Canadiens traded to the Vancouver Canucks their 4th and 18th rounds pick in exchange of the Canucks' 3rd and 25th rounders.

------------------------------------

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING ROSTER

Alex Tanguay - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx

Chris Pronger - xxx
xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx

xxx
xxx

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING SALARY

Chris Pronger (9,500,000$) [Captain]
Alex Tanguay (1,500,000$)

Total Salary: 11,000,000$

Last edited:

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
Even though I get no extra credit for having the cheapest roster, the New York Islanders spend a whopping $847,000 on Mike Ribeiro/Center/Montreal

MrMackey

Aug 7, 2003
cgy
Visit site
Nomis said:
:help: HOW DO I ENABLE MY PM!? :help:
Go to "User CP" in the top navigation
Then go to "Edit Options" along the left navigation
Click the check box beside "Enable Private Messaging", about half way down the page.

Jon Burke

Tsk, tsk, PensFan95, where's the PM? j/k

The Vancouver Canucks are happy to select defenseman Sergei Gonchar. Gonchar made $3.65 million last year, not too bad for such a talented offensive defenseman. The Canucks feel that with Gonchar and Kariya in town, that they have the foundation for a very high-powered offense.

Burke's Evil Spirit is up!

Jon Burke

I renamed the draft to differentiate it from my other fantasy draft. Hope that that doesn't confuse anyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->