The Tyler Myers Derp Thread

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Not trying to be antagonistic, but we all know Myers has been bad this year. Is there really a point to this?

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Not trying to be antagonistic, but we all know Myers has been bad this year. Is there really a point to this?

Good solid evidence to people who can't watch every game to see just how bad he has been. It is brutal, and anyone praising Regier for that contract is fooling themselves. They should of gave him a two year contract similar to Subbans to let him get back to his Calder Cup winning season. If he wasn't able to live up to that level of play he is nor will ever live up to that contract.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Good solid evidence to people who can't watch every game to see just how bad he has been. It is brutal, and anyone praising Regier for that contract is fooling themselves. They should of gave him a two year contract similar to Subbans to let him get back to his Calder Cup winning season. If he wasn't able to live up to that level of play he is nor will ever live up to that contract.

I think everyone on this board has seen enough evidence. I dislike piling on in this manner. It's not as if anyone is trying to argue that Myers has been good this year.

Ahh well, have your fun I guess.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
I think everyone on this board has seen enough evidence. I dislike piling on in this manner. It's not as if anyone is trying to argue that Myers has been good this year.

Ahh well, have your fun I guess.

It's been WGR's narrative this year as well. Yeah, he's playing bad. Everyone gets it.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Funny, but of all the goals shown above with Myers on the ice, I would say two of them are on Myers himself -- Skinner's goal (which is more I think a testament to the strength of Skinner's game anyways), and the Marchand goal, which Leo failed to back him up on.

Which only proves the Myers bashing around here has turned into a veritable hockey witch hunt based more on perception than reality.

The entire team's commitment to defense should be in question.

Oh, and I think Myers has been okay this season. I remember a play in Boston, he checks Paille out of the crease and sends his stick flying, then immediately heads into the corner and crushes Kelly to the ice. Seconds later the Bears get a nice shot on net, almost scored in fact. I think more than a few goals Myers has been on ice for fall into this category.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
Funny, but of all the goals shown above with Myers on the ice, I would say two of them are on Myers himself -- Skinner's goal (which is more I think a testament to the strength of Skinner's game anyways), and the Marchand goal, which Leo failed to back him up on.

Which only proves the Myers bashing around here has turned into a veritable hockey witch hunt based more on perception than reality.

Oh, and I think Myers has been okay this season. I remember a play in Boston, he checks Paille out of the crease and sends his stick flying, then immediately heads into the corner and crushes Kelly to the ice. Seconds later the Bears get a nice shot on net, almost scored in fact. I think more than a few goals Myers has been on ice for fall into this category.

Both videos from the Montreal game are a result of Myers with a terrible decision of pinching. The second one - I have no idea what he was doing...circling the wagons? :biglaugh:

Ace1963

Jan 14, 2013
Buffalo
It is so obvious that Myers did absolutely nothing to stay in "hockey shape" during the lockout as it is so obvious that Vanek did. These vids show that clearly; he's in a daze out there, playing around with his helmet. I wouldn't expect him to be back to normal until next season.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo

The only goals I would truly fault him on are the ones in Montreal which were the result of completely bone-headed decisions and while I don't purely fault him on the other goals, he is at fault in many of them.

Both videos from the Montreal game are a result of Myers with a terrible decision of pinching. The second one - I have no idea what he was doing...circling the wagons? :biglaugh:

Yeah I have no clue what he was doing on the second... That's just fail.

I'm not giving up on the kid at all, I believe he'll bounce back, he's just been very disappointing this year.

joshmo65

Feb 14, 2012
I think all of his troubles stem from his helmet being too big. I have never seen anyone fix their helmet as much as he does.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005

Really? The second clip shows Myers aborting a pinch, racing back to cover a man (it would have been 3 on 2 pinch or no pinch) and Miller get's burned on a 30 footer.

And the first clip -- sure, Myers pinches and it results in a 2 on 1. But I clearly see a puck going in net off Ehrhoff's stick. It was a fluke goal. Blame Myers, but Ehrhoff is the primary culprit.

And in both examples, no forwards anywhere to be found.

Team defense blows.

funkymag77

Oct 21, 2009
Amherst, NY
And the first clip -- sure, Myers pinches and it results in a 2 on 1. But I clearly see a puck going in net off Ehrhoff's stick. It was a fluke goal. Blame Myers, but Ehrhoff is the primary culprit.

And in both examples, no forwards anywhere to be found.

Team defense blows.

He had no business pinching there, hence why people blame him on that play. You can say that it bounced off Erhoff's stick or no forwards were back but those things would never of had to be accounted for if Myers played smarter in that situation. The guy is over thinking everything and playing with zero confidence.

nwaZ*

To me, it looks like he doesn't care. Yikes, that's some bad defending right there.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The pairing with Leopold is so frustrating. I don't think they trust each other at all and it shows. Lord knows, I wouldn't trust Leo either...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad