The truth about Adam Pardy

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
While it's only been 2 games, he's looked very, very good. Very comfortable with him on my D third pairing. In fact, I feel like he's higher than Postma and Stuart on my depth chart.

If he goes back to St John's, he passes through waivers. Assuming more players are out with injury, would the Jets lose him on waivers? and, if so, won't it be a loss?

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I'd like to see his advanced stats for tonight. Thought he had a pretty rough night, several of the Caps sustained zone time shifts were the result of Pardy making poor clearing attempts.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
The truth about Pardy IMO is that he was a signing for St.John's. Lose one newfie to retirement, sign another kinda thing. If he ends up being a serviceable 6 d then hey, added bonus right?

GoldenJet89

Feb 4, 2012
our D group wont be complete until we upgrade the left side IMO

Pardy has been better than expected, but whether it's him or Stu on that pairing I dont have a ton of confidence in them and it feels like we're in our zone a lot

Also; Clitsome when on is great, but is still very inconsistent.

Ideally we would either make a move or sign a solid #4 LHD, move Clitsome to the 3rd pair and i think we would be a lot stronger as a group

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I'd like to see his advanced stats for tonight. Thought he had a pretty rough night, several of the Caps sustained zone time shifts were the result of Pardy making poor clearing attempts.

Advance stats are semi-meh at a one game level.

They look like they somewhat agree with you for when the game started but then after Noel gave them 80% OZS so it gets super muddy.

Sorry, doesn't give you anything conclusive.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
While it's only been 2 games, he's looked very, very good. Very comfortable with him on my D third pairing. In fact, I feel like he's higher than Postma and Stuart on my depth chart.

If he goes back to St John's, he passes through waivers. Assuming more players are out with injury, would the Jets lose him on waivers? and, if so, won't it be a loss?

Nope.

He would only need to pass waivers again if he plays 10 games or is on the roster for 30 days (does not need to be consecutive). So he has like 20+ more days on roster or 8 more games before waivers take effect again.

And no, he would not be claimed nor would he be a loss. He is a complete meh 6th/7th D man at best. Nobody will claim him, nor will we care. Depth player. People are VASTLY overrating what two meh games mean.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Nope.

He would only need to pass waivers again if he plays 10 games or is on the roster for 30 days (does not need to be consecutive). So he has like 20+ more days on roster or 8 more games before waivers take effect again.

And no, he would not be claimed nor would he be a loss. He is a complete meh 6th/7th D man at best. Nobody will claim him, nor will we care. Depth player. People are VASTLY overrating what two meh games mean.

Pardy has looked better than what Stuart has shown so far. This has surprised me as I remember you hoping he got nowhere near the NHL. I assumed he sucked balls after those statements, a meh preseason and a trip to The Rock.

He's no world beater or even an ideal 6th defenseman but saying everyone else is "VASTLY" overrating him based on two games? Is that just another way of saying you might have been underrating him? :)

The book on this story isn't closed but if Pardy continues to be (imo) more effective than Stuart, then maybe he shouldn't be going back through waivers...

Hopefully this retort of mine does not result in Pardy sucking balls against Nashville though haha

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Pardy has looked better than what Stuart has shown so far. This has surprised me as I remember you hoping he got nowhere near the NHL. I assumed he sucked balls after those statements, a meh preseason and a trip to The Rock.

He's no world beater or even an ideal 6th defenseman but saying everyone else is "VASTLY" overrating him based on two games? Is that just another way of saying you might have been underrating him? :)

The book on this story isn't closed but if Pardy continues to be (imo) more effective than Stuart, then maybe he shouldn't be going back through waivers...

Hopefully this retort of mine does not result in Pardy sucking balls against Nashville though haha

Pardy HAS impressed me. Been much better than expected, been a reasonable option on the bottom pairing in spot duty. Miles better than previous depth options like Meech or Jones. So far. It's REALLY limited time. But he has certainly earned more looks. Been much much better than I expected. Still not convinced he should be higher than #9 on the depth chart when healthy.

Remember again though he does not need waivers for another 2/3rds of a month or so.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The thing I like about Pardy is that he handles himself like a pro. Up...down...in the press-box and then goes out a plays solid when needed. No waves, no distractions just goes about his business. IMO every team needs a couple guys like this for the inevitable injuries you will get on defense.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Pardy HAS impressed me. Been much better than expected, been a reasonable option on the bottom pairing in spot duty. Miles better than previous depth options like Meech or Jones. So far. It's REALLY limited time. But he has certainly earned more looks. Been much much better than I expected. Still not convinced he should be higher than #9 on the depth chart when healthy.

Remember again though he does not need waivers for another 2/3rds of a month or so.

basically, it depends if it's him or Postma that sits once Stuart comes back.
if it's Postma, then Pardy will be playing enough that waivers are in play.
Trouba won't be skating for another 1.5 weeks. so 1 week conditioning means a 3 week absence.

I'd argue that Pardy was our 4th best d-man last night and was arguably 3rd or 4th best the game before. not over-rating him. just stating what i've seen. he cleared the zone quite well, skated with the puck very well. kind of disappeared in the O zone once the Jets gained puck possession, which isn't necessarily a negative.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
In an ideal world we's probably want upgrades on Pardy, Postma, and Stuart on the bottom pairing.

I agree with most here though, considering Pardy and Stuart fill the same role, in limited action Pardy has looked better. He doesn't have a lot of speed, but he has more than Stuart, and his passing and general puck management has looked better.

We'll have to see how the next few games though, but it would be hard to think that the org would not throw Stuart back into the lineup when he's healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad