The True Football (Not American)/Futbol/Soccer Thread: Part VI

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No? Where you thinking of some other cgf then? Possibly one who isn’t as consistent prescient?
Nope, you is the one.

Overrated Ozil, khedira, Kroos, Gotze and now the Weigl and Dahouds are the next generation.

Now don't confuse this as me bashing them they're all good-great players. Well except for one.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nope, you is the one.

Overrated Ozil, khedira, Kroos, Gotze and now the Weigl and Dahouds are the next generation.

Now don't confuse this as me bashing them they're all good-great players. Well except for one.

I don't rate Khedira, so huh? Ozil & Gotze are massively under-rated and pointing that out does not mean I over-rate them. And forgive me for rolling my eyes when you go after Kroos yet again, your Barca-bias grows stale :rolleyes:

And I don't over-rate Weigl & Dahoud anymore than Tuchel & Pep do. So I'm ok with being on their side, until Weigl & Mo move to big teams so they can "prove" their quality to you and you can join us :thumbu:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't rate Khedira, so huh? Ozil & Gotze are massively under-rated and pointing that out does not mean I over-rate them. And forgive me for rolling my eyes when you go after Kroos yet again, your Barca-bias grows stale :rolleyes:

And I don't over-rate Weigl & Dahoud anymore than Tuchel & Pep do. So I'm ok with being on their side, until Weigl & Mo move to big teams so they can "prove" their quality to you and you can join us :thumbu:

You did a few years ago for sure.

It just seems like you have a hard on for every German prospect... I mean I don't blame you that's what a fan does. Similar to Finnish posters overrate finish prospects.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You did a few years ago for sure.

It just seems like you have a hard on for every German prospect... I mean I don't blame you that's what a fan does. Similar to Finnish posters overrate finish prospects.

Nah, I've been bitching about Jogi picking Khedira ahead of Kramer for years & years.

There's actually a lot of prospects who get hype from others who follow german youth football that I never talk about outside of when I post my lists. Hell there's plenty of kids I actually like quite a bit, that I don't talk about except when asked much just because I don't think they are special or massively under-rated. I just hype the shit out of the kids I think deserve it, and generally...if they develop well...the kids I think are special have tended to end up pretty f***ing awesome.

But it's not like I've hyped any of them as future BdO winners. Hell Draxler is the only german prospect that I've ever even suggested had BdO potential...although when we see Moukoko with the U19s that may change...and even that was based on Draxler eventually being converted into a forward like RVP or Real-era CR7. Now his development stalled at 18, learning nothing over the coming years at Schalke & Wolfsburg. So, though he's made some progress with PSG, I don't think he'll ever reach that ceiling; but it was there, and he's the only one I've ever argued had that type of potential.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pretty sure you hyped up khedira when he was on Madrid. Even called out my Barca bias when I claimed he was nothing special. Lol

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Pretty sure you hyped up khedira when he was on Madrid. Even called out my Barca bias when I claimed he was nothing special. Lol

He used to a very good easy-out for our creatives to play 1-2s with...but I only ever used Khedira (as well as Dembele & Vidal) as an indictment of the B2Bers of the time.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He used to a very good easy-out for our creatives to play 1-2s with...but I only ever used Khedira (as well as Dembele & Vidal) as an indictment of the B2Bers of the time.
... and at the time you over hyped him.

Like Evilo does with his Sakho, Zouma's, Benz etc.

Or our favourite Dutch poster with dutch prospects.

The only one who doesn't overrated his favourite teams prospects is that Argentinean fan. Smart guy.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Evilo mainly just loves anybody that ever plays in France. I actually think most of what he has to say is good, you just have to filter out some of the Ligue Un obsession. Sahko is a f***ing wildcard that makes both some high end and some really low end plays, but for a team like Crystal Palace he's about as good as they are going to get.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
... and at the time you over hyped him.

Like Evilo does with his Sakho, Zouma's, Benz etc.

Or our favourite Dutch poster with dutch prospects.

The only one who doesn't overrated his favourite teams prospects is that Argentinean fan. Smart guy.

I never over-hyped him even half as much as you over-hype Ascacibar :sarcasm:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Evilo mainly just loves anybody that ever plays in France. I actually think most of what he has to say is good, you just have to filter out some of the Ligue Un obsession. Sahko is a ****ing wildcard that makes both some high end and some really low end plays, but for a team like Crystal Palace he's about as good as they are going to get.

I think he’s typically pretty good when it comes to French players. He’s usually got good insight on players coming from Ligue uhhhhhhhhhhh

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Evilo mainly just loves anybody that ever plays in France. I actually think most of what he has to say is good, you just have to filter out some of the Ligue Un obsession. Sahko is a ****ing wildcard that makes both some high end and some really low end plays, but for a team like Crystal Palace he's about as good as they are going to get.

Oh I like Evilo I think he one of the better posters here. Just not as smart as he thinks he is. I do agree about the playing in France thing.

Sahko being a Palace level player is why he sucks balls. Evilo continued to hype him up claiming he'd be a top 10 CB. He got it wrong but kept pushing that narrative refusing to concede. Kinda like the whole Zlatan man was that ever fun to watch. The way he acted at even the slightest thought Ibra wouldn't be the top scorer.

I never over-hyped him even half as much as you over-hype Ascacibar :sarcasm:

Ascacibar is a saint. Germany should count their blessings he decided to take grace them with his footballing abilities.

Seriously, though I don't overrate him at all. Never claimed a prediction in how good he will be. Just stated the obvious he's a good young player that would/should walk into the NT right now. Will be a staple for years to come.

The only player I come close to over hyping and probably have to an extent is Dybala but still.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Sahko is a Shane Obrien. Good physical skills and an ability to pull off some nice stuff, but also lots of throw your remote at the TV level decisions.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ascacibar is a saint. Germany should count their blessings he decided to take grace them with his footballing abilities.

Seriously, though I don't overrate him at all. Never claimed a prediction in how good he will be. Just stated the obvious he's a good young player that would/should walk into the NT right now. Will be a staple for years to come.

The only player I come close to over hyping and probably have to an extent is Dybala but still.

You most certainly overhyped Correa & Vietto just as much as I've ever over-hyped a german :dunno:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You most certainly overhyped Correa & Vietto just as much as I've ever over-hyped a german :dunno:
Vietto I actually had to subdue the hype... People compared him to Dybala and Correa when he was never on their level.

Correa I was off with but he'll still end up being a NT team player. The AFA thought he'll be Messi's heir and really pushed for him. Maybe they should've made sure he didn't end up with Simeone.

I mean if the argument is I have overrated Argentina players than f*** yeah, I have. It is just to the degree of hype and what seems to be all players from germany/france I find funny.

If you look at my posts you can clearly see how I fixated on players and attempt to prove they're not worthy. See Simeone Jr and buzzaro Correa. If I find fault in an Argentinean player I have no issues calling it out.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Vietto I actually had to subdue the hype... People compared him to Dybala and Correa when he was never on their level.

Correa I was off with but he'll still end up being a NT team player. The AFA thought he'll be Messi's heir and really pushed for him. Maybe they should've made sure he didn't end up with Simeone.

I mean if the argument is I have overrated Argentina players than **** yeah, I have. It is just to the degree of hype and what seems to be all players from germany/france I find funny.

If you look at my posts you can clearly see how I fixated on players and attempt to prove they're not worthy. See Simeone Jr and buzzaro Correa. If I find fault in an Argentinean player I have no issues calling it out.

I see similarities between you and Evilo when it comes to prospects(I use prospects very strongly here :laugh:). Although he hypes a little more than you.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I mean if the argument is I have overrated Argentina players than **** yeah, I have. It is just to the degree of hype and what seems to be all players from germany/france I find funny.

You say this as though I haven't criticized Schurrle, Mustafi & Rudiger mercilessly, or gotten into constant fights with german fans over Goretzka, Can, Draxler, Gomez, etc. :dunno:

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I see similarities between you and Evilo when it comes to prospects(I use prospects very strongly here :laugh:). Although he hypes a little more than you.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is... Evilo knows more about French based prospects than I do for Argentinas considering he has access to them and I have live off tournaments, random games on TV and Argentinean websites.

You say this as though I haven't criticized Schurrle, Mustafi & Rudiger mercilessly, or gotten into constant fights with german fans over Goretzka, Can, Draxler, Gomez, etc. :dunno:

You hyped up Mustafi too no?

I musta been taking a piss when this was happening lol.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
You're certainly entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is... Evilo knows more about French based prospects than I do for Argentinas considering he has access to them and I have live off tournaments, random games on TV and Argentinean websites.

I don’t mean in terms of depth of knowledge but more that you both have similar bias levels when it comes to prospects :dunno:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don’t mean in terms of depth of knowledge but more that you both have similar bias levels when it comes to prospects :dunno:

I still don't see who I have overrated though?

I mean even if you go way back to Thaigo breaking out I claimed he is/or would be better than Cesc. That clearly happened.

Saul? I first was a hater of his until I think Savant turned me. Kid can play. Oliver yeah, I got that one wrong but LH said he has the potential to be the best of his generation.

Isco? I was 100% right about him.

Also I just reread my last post ... it kinda comes of snappy. I meant to put a :) after the "wrong opinion".

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I still don't see who I have overrated though?

I mean even if you go way back to Thaigo breaking out I claimed he is/or would be better than Cesc. That clearly happened.

Saul? I first was a hater of his until I think Savant turned me. Kid can play. Oliver yeah, I got that one wrong but LH said he has the potential to be the best of his generation.

Isco? I was 100% right about him.

Also I just reread my last post ... it kinda comes of snappy. I meant to put a :) after the "wrong opinion".

Like I said in my first post he does more hyping then you. But what I meant by bias is levels is that you’re good at calling it as you see it regardless of the player or team they play for. And the fact that you do criticize players and their potential is something that not many do and I think you and Evilo are typically pretty good at picking up on those certain things that prevent players from becoming “world class” like every young prospect is touted to be.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Barco is great, watch some MLS D2M :naughty:

I tried I just can't like it...I am going to a TFC game on friday though. So, maybe all hope is not lost.

I do see his goals scored. I just hope he leaves asap and not hinder his progress any further. I had him above Martinez as the next Argentina superstar. :(

Like I said in my first post he does more hyping then you. But what I meant by bias is levels is that you’re good at calling it as you see it regardless of the player or team they play for. And the fact that you do criticize players and their potential is something that not many do and I think you and Evilo are typically pretty good at picking up on those certain things that prevent players from becoming “world class” like every young prospect is touted to be.

That's fair. I mean I try not over hype prospect but I do have a habit of falling in love with players. LOL.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That's fair. I mean I try not over hype prospect but I do have a habit of falling in love with players. LOL.

*Cough Dybala ;)

No but I think everyone does have those players that they have that special affinity for. Nani was always someone I thought would end up being that world class winger and really looked like he was going to during the 2011 and 2012 seasons.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You hyped up Mustafi too no?

I musta been taking a piss when this was happening lol.

Oh god no. I bitched about Mustafi's inclusion in the World Cup team & made fun of Arsenal for signing him. I rated Ginter before he went to BVB and stagnated...although he's actually been proving my initial love for him right with Gladbach, as he was one of the best CBs in the league this season.

And it happens constantly on other boards with more german posters. DM, Vipers & BE generally agree with me, so we don't fight about it in the german thread as much as I have to anywhere else, but those are players I get into constant arguments about.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->