The true effects of Brendan Gaunce, OHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCanuck

May 25, 2012
Some of you may be impressed by Brendan Gaunce's 20 goals and 36+ pts this season with the Belleville Bulls. In my opinion, whatever you may think, this is upsetting and truly a headshaker.

No offense, but 20 goals and 36 pts IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH for a 1st round player who is almost 19, with his team SECOND IN THE WEST. In my opinion, the guy should be leading the team in goals AND points. He is leading the team in neither category. He now has 38 pts and is FOURTH ON THE TEAM IN SCORING. Considering guys like Colin Smith (Kamloops, WHL) have almost 90 pts as a last round selections, Gaunce's production is attorcious and disturbing.

For a guy that led his team with 28 goals and 68 pts last year....this guy should be currently at 30 goals and 80 pts. Not happy with his production....being 4th on the team in scoring is not good enough and he needs to do something else to better himself and prepare for playing for the Vancouver Canucks organization.

With this being siad, I'm ecstatic that the Canucks organization is committing itself to further study on CHL players, and especially those who are involved in the Western Hockey League. FINALLY. Thank god, since the CHL is where the best players honestly come from.

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
If what I'm reading is correct.. He's 2 points behind the leader of his team and has played 8 less games due to injuries.. Also, Gaunce isn't a pure offensive talent. He has good/great faceoff and PK abilities.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
"Jordan Schroeder can barely put up half a point per game in the AHL, his production is atrocious for where he was picked and he will barely have an impact in the NHL"

-Posters over the past two seasons.

iCanuck

May 25, 2012
If what I'm reading is correct.. He's 2 points behind the leader of his team and has played 8 less games due to injuries.. Also, Gaunce isn't a pure offensive talent. He has good/great faceoff and PK abilities.

Gaunce is 8 pts back of leader of his team with no games in hand.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Some of you may be impressed by Brendan Gaunce's 20 goals and 36+ pts this season with the Belleville Bulls. In my opinion, whatever you may think, this is upsetting and truly a headshaker.

No offense, but 20 goals and 36 pts IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH for a 1st round player who is almost 19, with his team SECOND IN THE WEST. In my opinion, the guy should be leading the team in goals AND points. He is leading the team in neither category. He now has 38 pts and is FOURTH ON THE TEAM IN SCORING. Considering guys like Colin Smith (Kamloops, WHL) have almost 90 pts as a last round selections, Gaunce's production is attorcious and disturbing.

For a guy that led his team with 28 goals and 68 pts last year....this guy should be currently at 30 goals and 80 pts. Not happy with his production....being 4th on the team in scoring is not good enough and he needs to do something else to better himself and prepare for playing for the Vancouver Canucks organization.

With this being siad, I'm ecstatic that the Canucks organization is committing itself to further study on CHL players, and especially those who are involved in the Western Hockey League. FINALLY. Thank god, since the CHL is where the best players honestly come from.

Did you look forget to look at games played? The leading scorer has 49 games played, and Gaunce is 2 points behind him with 41 games played. He's the leading goal scorer on the team with 20, and the next closest is 14.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
We have a Prospect Thread to discuss our prospects, whether your opinion of them is high or not. That is where you can continue this discussion if you so desire.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->