The True Curse of being a Pens fan.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
There's a rando Leafs fan at work here. It's a bit odd but he's a cool dude and I get to talk hockey at work so whatever.

As far as here on HF... no. Haven't been on the MB in like a decade. For good reason. I had subbed in reddit hockey forums including the Pens one but they were miserable. Comments sections elsewhere even worse.

There’s some good posters in the main boards. They just get buried under the trolls sometimes. I rarely go there either.

HF Pens don’t always agree but you can generally can have good discussions.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
There’s some good posters in the main boards. They just get buried under the trolls sometimes. I rarely go there either.

HF Pens don’t always agree but you can generally can have good discussions.

I've always liked THIS board. I dunno why but there has always been pretty consistent quality here. At least enough so to drown out the shrieking void of stupidity endemic to most things that are the internet.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I stopped caring about other teams' fans on HFBoards 10 years ago and never looked back.

y3BKp9q.gif

Reactions: Bumpus

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
The core of this team has also won 3 cups. So, not sure it's even an argument worth entertaining, re: chicago. Also, this team has 'stopped ovechkin' many times.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
03-04 was one of my favorite seasons ever. Senior year of high school, went to 20-30 games for $20 via student rush with 8 buddies and could get 10 rows from the ice all sitting together.
Well if you were to believe the Hfboards expert accountants, you might be able to watch games for $20 soon since they asked for a PPP loan and Sid is washed-up.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Ovechkin would trade every individual accolade he has for 1 more Cup, let alone 2.

The Hawks weren't as successful as the Pens in terms of Finals or making the playoffs.

That's about it.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Here's what every other fanbase gets to shove in our face and be 100% correct :

"LOL YOU THINK WINNING BACK TO BACK MATTERS. CHICAGO STILL WON MORE AND YOU DIDN'T STOP OVECHKIN! YOU'RE STILL A PIECE OF S*** WE GET TO MOCK UNTIL THE END OF TIME!"

How do we get to counter-act this argument?
How to counter that?

Simple. Just go with the old tried and true ... Unzip your fly and chuckle knowingly at the *thud* while winking at his womenfolk.

Edit: May not be an effective technique for those of the female gender. :laugh:

PenguinSuitedUp

Oct 2, 2019
Here's what every other fanbase gets to shove in our face and be 100% correct :

"LOL YOU THINK WINNING BACK TO BACK MATTERS. CHICAGO STILL WON MORE AND YOU DIDN'T STOP OVECHKIN! YOU'RE STILL A PIECE OF S*** WE GET TO MOCK UNTIL THE END OF TIME!"

How do we get to counter-act this argument?
I mean, the first part isn’t true(Chicago didn’t win more) and the second part isn’t relevant(it’s not anyone’s “job” to stop OV, and the Pens have two historic, legendary future HOFers anyway).

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
giphy.gif

People will validate their own delusions regardless of proof. You won't change those opinions so enjoy the fact that the Penguins have had an amazing run over the last three decades.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
5 cups in my lifetime and getting to see Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby and Malkin in their primes yeah some curse.

We're truly blessed by the hockey gods, no question about it. The talent that has come through this team (both regular greatness and generational talent) has been astounding.

Which is why I think its nuts that the franchise is so stingy with retired numbers. We should have a slew of retired numbers in the rafters, but that's another offseason debate for another day. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad