The True Curse of being a Pens fan.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Here's what every other fanbase gets to shove in our face and be 100% correct :

"LOL YOU THINK WINNING BACK TO BACK MATTERS. CHICAGO STILL WON MORE AND YOU DIDN'T STOP OVECHKIN! YOU'RE STILL A PIECE OF S*** WE GET TO MOCK UNTIL THE END OF TIME!"

How do we get to counter-act this argument?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

"LOL YOU THINK WINNING BACK TO BACK MATTERS. CHICAGO STILL WON MORE AND YOU DIDN'T STOP OVECHKIN! YOU'RE STILL A PIECE OF S*** WE GET TO MOCK UNTIL THE END OF TIME!"

Very easily! Our counter points are best said to other fan bases through Raymond Holt. The GIF that keeps on giving

tumblr_oz2vn3xnjB1ufijulo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_oy0bdbAaf41rwhnfqo2_640.gifv

21cd1b22900b3d536f6d8f4e2999ccae7bce8439.gifv

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

"I think it's nice that the Washington Capitals put up President Trophy banners so the 1 Stanley cup banner they have doesn't feel lonely, Pens busted their hump winning 5 that they forgot they could have just done the same!"

"Crosby will never be considered a legend until he talks to Malkin in a fake russian accent and pelts Pittsburgh cabbies with dimes, all he does is donate money and his time, like who is he trying to impress? Make the world a better place??"

"Back 2 backs really aren't that impressive, I mean since the Salary Cap Era, only the Penguins did it, if it was impressive I feel like more people would have done it and really it's not impressive at all."

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
lol... Capitals fans attempting to shove it in Pittsburgh fans faces is the height of hilarity to me.

Go hang attendance banners or something, dorks.

Indeed, as if them winning one after us winning three through them erased their past. It was like Philly winning the series n 2012.

Normally though, I tend to point out "anyone ever notice how it's always the argument that OV is better than Sid? Funny how no one ever has to argue that Sid is better than OV."

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Indeed, as if them winning one after us winning three through them erased their past. It was like Philly winning the series n 2012.

And they STILL had to get past the Penguins. In 7 games.

I'm sure it makes them think just HOW much they've left on the table over the years (especially with the players they have) and that it was the Penguins like every... single... time pissing in their Wheaties. But they'll never cop to it.

And honestly it at least gives me some satisfaction that after years of simply trying to HANG with the Penguins by mostly playing hockey with them and getting smacked every time... they finally resorted to just gooning their way past them. Congrats, troglodytes. Very impressive.

Reactions: Bumpus

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
The long and short of it is "would every fanbase trade places with us over the last 10+ years?" Now that Chicago is firmly in the crapper, the answer is "YES" across the entire league. Like they said, f*** the haters. For all our griping, we have it better than anyone. The Pens are now the co-most successful expansion franchise in the league. As many or more cups than every other non-O6 team. More cups than the Rangers, who have been around for like a thousand years. And all or most of the success has happened within our lifetimes.

As far as the details, is anyone really talking about "failing to stop" Ovechkin? He got a single victory over us. One, in 13 years. This could've been known as the Ovechkin-era of the league, except for the fact that Sid, Geno, and (supposedly inferior) Pens teams repeatedly threw him and the best Caps squads ever into the dumpster. Often in the most brutal, soul-crushing possible ways. The only people who I assume care about "not stopping OV" are Flyers fans, who are pissed off Washington also won a cup because their own team has won the square root of zero.

Another note, Chicago didnt really win more. They won them in six years (rather than eight) but their franchise is now a dumpster fire and they wont be winning anything else. That's more than offset by the back to back, IMO. By a whole lot. First franchise since the "Red Machine" Wings to win back to backs. Back to backs were rare enough in the 90s NHL, and they only happened for absolutely loaded teams. I assumed they would be nearly impossible in the cap-era league.

Last edited:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
You guys interact with different team’s fans?

There's a rando Leafs fan at work here. It's a bit odd but he's a cool dude and I get to talk hockey at work so whatever.

As far as here on HF... no. Haven't been on the MB in like a decade. For good reason. I had subbed in reddit hockey forums including the Pens one but they were miserable. Comments sections elsewhere even worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->