OT: The Travel Thread

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Anyone who spends more than half his time outside his original country should be stripped of his right to vote from lack of local skin in the game.

It pisses me off when someone is spending all his life around the world then gets equal voting weight than me who will stay there for the rest of my life, catastrophe or not. If things blow up, the globe-trotters will just leave, while I'll be there suffering the consequences. It's the equivalent of gambling someone else's money.

I know how random this post is, but had an impulse to say it.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Anyone who spends more than half his time outside his original country should be stripped of his right to vote from lack of local skin in the game.

It pisses me off when someone is spending all his life around the world then gets equal voting weight than me who will stay there for the rest of my life, catastrophe or not. If things blow up, the globe-trotters will just leave, while I'll be there suffering the consequences. It's the equivalent of gambling someone else's money.

I know how random this post is, but had an impulse to say it.

Lol...people vote in Canada?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Hurry up and do all your touristy stuff, pretty soon you'll be an endangered species will all the hot spots rethinking their options for dealing with overcrowding. You can even get fines for sitting down in Rome. No joke. Cruise ships are no longer welcome in some places.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hurry up and do all your touristy stuff, pretty soon you'll be an endangered species will all the hot spots rethinking their options for dealing with overcrowding. You can even get fines for sitting down in Rome. No joke. Cruise ships are no longer welcome in some places.
Cant hear you over my yeehaw-ing conservative views.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Thanks for the infos!!!

To Hins77: Yes were going there to learn surf just for fun and have a good time.

To Angusyoung: I love Langosta, so great!, is January the rainy season, I hope not!!!!

January is perfect time to go there,dry season. Still possible to get langosta and shrimps ultra cheap,in comparison to MTL etc.

If you got decent co-ordination and balance,learning to surf on small waves is not too difficult. Don't need big waves to learn for sure,and the bigger the waves,the bigger the break!

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
September. Weather still nice, prices are down and less tourists. You might even stretch it into October but if you did, you’d have to do some research about the sea part assuming you meant for fishing as opposed to sight seeing.

Weather has also become more and more suffocating during tourist season, so a cooling off in September-October is much more pleasant.

Disadvantage to not traveling in August is missing out on all the feasts that go in in various towns that take place in mid-August.

Appreciate the info,thanks!

Was on a similar train of thought considering the weather is comparable to Greece. September is the best for Greece,less tourists and everyone takes their Holiday in August. Guess much depends on how October unfolds in regards to sea temp. I prefer going in the sea without wet suits etc. to swim or dive.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
My brother-in-law and his wife (girlfriend at the time) visited Amsterdam for the first time ever. Once they got off the airplane, they went to McDonalds....

Then they missed out,so much better choice than the golden arches. Usually tourists go straight to the coffee shops.

Posted this before,but always good to snack or fill up in these places:

upload_2019-8-24_8-44-34.jpeg

Reactions: sandviper

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Took the guys to a few spots around the 'ol homestead. Defiantly want to drive caffeinated there. lol.

Found a turtle with a huge bite in it on the beach,notified a friend,who's a local cop in the area,glad they took it seriously.

GetAttachmentThumbnail
GetAttachmentThumbnail
GetAttachmentThumbnail
GetAttachmentThumbnail
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Looks like my asian adventure might be coming to an end for now.
Might be moving to Jeddah by the end of October for my new endeavor.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Jeddah? why? Not exactly party central,good coin though.
The offer given is very good, tough to pass up on. I accepted it, now waiting to see if I can get a visa.
I have friends in Dubai and family in Lebanon, both just 2-3h away from Jeddah. I can stick to serious work during the week and escape to those places on weekends.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The offer given is very good, tough to pass up on. I accepted it, now waiting to see if I can get a visa.
I have friends in Dubai and family in Lebanon, both just 2-3h away from Jeddah. I can stick to serious work during the week and escape to those places on weekends.

Sounds pretty good with those intangibles ,and always enticing. Great weather all year! and Dubai is chill enough. Kind of preferred being on a compound in some areas,but it was not Dubai.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Going to Spain in 10 days. Staying 2 weeks in Andalusia + 1 week in Barcelona. Two football matches (in Sevilla and Barcelona) are on the menu on top of visiting towns, villages and fortresses, day hikes in the mountains, eating and drinking.

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Going to Spain in 10 days. Staying 2 weeks in Andalusia + 1 weeks in Barcelona. Two football matches (in Sevilla and Barcelona) are on the menu on top of visiting towns, villages and fortresses, days hikes in the mountains, eating and drinking.

Nice. I'm going to Barcelona tomorrow night and staying there 4 days and then Madrid for 4 more. Going to the Barcelona vs Sevilla fame on Sunday as well.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
should be a good game. i will be watching. good luck!

It was amazing. I actually managed to catch Messis' first goal live on my cam so I'll always sorta have that to look back on. But anyone going should do the Camp Nou tour. Really well done, informative, fun and interactive. Stepping on that pitch, going through the tunnel and the locker rooms...was great. The virtual reality part was awesome as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad