The Transformers thread (shows, comics, toys, all things TF)

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Release date : June 24 – 2022

The events of the movie will take place in the year 1994.

Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Officially Announced - Transformers News - TFW2005

Transformers-Rise-Of-The-Beasts-Logo.jpg

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
So I watched the first episode of Kingdom and the voice acting replacements of my beloved Beast Wars characters made me sick. Just awful.

I agree.

The voice actor for Beast Wars Megatron was terrible.

It's a real shame.

Either put some money in the project and do it right or don't do it at all.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
That's pretty much what I expected.

But they've kind of backed themselves into a corner now by largely going with non-union actors. Union-backed ones (which are going to be most of the big names) are likely barred from working on a non-union production.

at least the WFC toys are mostly pretty good. Especially the Beast Wars ones.

BeastWarsFigs1.jpg

BeastWarsFigs2.jpg

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Watching Kingdom and seeing that they're somehow making a Beast Wars movie ( God help us ) makes me just want to watch the original Beast Wars again.

We need Waspinator referring to himself in this third person, Inferno calling Megatron his queen, Rhinox being an amazing scientist and somehow a kick ass warrior when needed...Rat trap and Cheetor quipping each other.

I can go on.

Dinobot saving humanity.

The movie will just throw all that away.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Watching Kingdom and seeing that they're somehow making a Beast Wars movie ( God help us ) makes me just want to watch the original Beast Wars again.

We need Waspinator referring to himself in this third person, Inferno calling Megatron his queen, Rhinox being an amazing scientist and somehow a kick ass warrior when needed...Rat trap and Cheetor quipping each other.

I can go on.

Dinobot saving humanity.

The movie will just throw all that away.

You can! For free! On a real, reputable streaming service!

Beast Wars

You can also find just about every series that had an english language release before about 2010 or so.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Over the last few hours, the official Hasbro Pulse YouTube channel have uploaded the complete G1 Transformers cartoon.

You now watch the classic G1 Transformers series for free and remember the classic episodes and characters that defined our franchise.

So far only season 1 has been uploaded with the original English dub and subtitles.

We hope more episodes and content will be uploaded soon.

The Transformers G1 Cartoon Season 1 Available For Streaming Via Hasbro Pulse YouTube - Transformers News - TFW2005

https://www.youtube.com/c/hasbropulse/videos

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
You can watch almost every English language (original audio or dubbed) series from g1 to Prime for free on tubi tv.

G1
Beast wars
Beast machines
All 3 unicron trilogy series (armada, energon, cybertron)
Animated
Prime

Reactions: Guardian17

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Over the last few hours, the official Hasbro Pulse YouTube channel have uploaded the complete G1 Transformers cartoon.

You now watch the classic G1 Transformers series for free and remember the classic episodes and characters that defined our franchise.

So far only season 1 has been uploaded with the original English dub and subtitles.

We hope more episodes and content will be uploaded soon.

The Transformers G1 Cartoon Season 1 Available For Streaming Via Hasbro Pulse YouTube - Transformers News - TFW2005

The official Hasbro Pulse YouTube channel have uploaded the G1 Transformers cartoon.

The complete Season 2 has been uploaded.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Hasbro Pulse YouTube channel have uploaded the G1 Transformers cartoon.

The complete Season 4 has been uploaded.

It's still a trainwreck. Badly written (well, written and then compressed from a 5-part story into a 3-part "look at this guy! and this guy! and this guy! and this guy!" machine-gunning of new characters), badly paced, badly animated. It's just mostly bad.

I'd say it's a shame they're not going to continue with other iterations of the G1 era of the franchise, but the next iteration is Headmasters from Japan which suuuuuuuucks. Seriously, as I'm watching every series over on TFW2005 Headmasters is, as of right now, the 2nd worst series I've watched so far. The only thing worse was Beast Wars II

Last edited:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
It's still a trainwreck. Badly written (well, written and then compressed from a 5-part story into a 3-part "look at this guy! and this guy! and this guy! and this guy!" machine-gunning of new characters), badly paced, badly animated. It's just mostly bad.

It's available if people want to watch it. :thumbu:

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Never seen season 4 so I'll try to watch them.

It's a mess.

It's just 3 episodes that were actually supposed to be 5 episodes and not need to serve as a sort of halfway series finale. And then while the scripting was underway the studio phoned up the writer and pretty much said "yeah, we're ending the show so you need to wrap things up in this and also cut it down almost in half."

So basically it's about 60 minutes of machine-gunning over a dozen new characters at the audience in a series of "hey, I'm <name> and I can do <thing>!" scenes where they get their exposure and are then never seen again. And somewhere in there is an excuse plot to send characters to another planet and introduce the Headmaster and Powermaster sub-lines of toys. And also Scorponok and Fortress Maximus.

Also by this point the budget had fallen off to the point that the show could no longer afford Toei as the primary studio (and also Toei likely pulled out of the running so they could concentrate on the unrelated* Japanese sequel series, Headmasters), so instead it's animated by AKOM at their AKOM-iest, which means that it's a flat, boring, flavorless mess from a visual standpoint.

*unrelated insofar as US season 4 doesn't count in Japan and instead they go right from the end of season 3 to Headmasters. But it features some of the same characters and Headmasters' first dozen or so episodes have enough similar story beats to The Rebirth that it's highly likely they cribbed that arc from a treatment of The Rebirth that was given to the Takara side of things before the decision to go in a different direction was made. I could go on at length about The Headmasters and its many many problems, but I won't unless someone really wants to know.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's a mess.

It's just 3 episodes that were actually supposed to be 5 episodes and not need to serve as a sort of halfway series finale. And then while the scripting was underway the studio phoned up the writer and pretty much said "yeah, we're ending the show so you need to wrap things up in this and also cut it down almost in half."

So basically it's about 60 minutes of machine-gunning over a dozen new characters at the audience in a series of "hey, I'm <name> and I can do <thing>!" scenes where they get their exposure and are then never seen again. And somewhere in there is an excuse plot to send characters to another planet and introduce the Headmaster and Powermaster sub-lines of toys. And also Scorponok and Fortress Maximus.

Also by this point the budget had fallen off to the point that the show could no longer afford Toei as the primary studio (and also Toei likely pulled out of the running so they could concentrate on the unrelated* Japanese sequel series, Headmasters), so instead it's animated by AKOM at their AKOM-iest, which means that it's a flat, boring, flavorless mess from a visual standpoint.

*unrelated insofar as US season 4 doesn't count in Japan and instead they go right from the end of season 3 to Headmasters. But it features some of the same characters and Headmasters' first dozen or so episodes have enough similar story beats to The Rebirth that it's highly likely they cribbed that arc from a treatment of The Rebirth that was given to the Takara side of things before the decision to go in a different direction was made. I could go on at length about The Headmasters and its many many problems, but I won't unless someone really wants to know.

I actually have the Headmasters comic that was published in Finland...

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I actually have the Headmasters comic that was published in Finland...

I imagine those are probably the Marvel sub-series that were done in the 80s. It's not quite the same story as The Rebirth of the Japanese Headmasters series (which also had a manga adaptation, but they were part of a TV magazine for kids and not really collected until recently.)

latest

the Marvel stories were pretty good once it got into the back half of the series' run and was being written by Simon Furman.

The other Headmasters media was... not good. The Japanese series is a slow, boring slog filled with bland or awful characters and a ton of filler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->