GDT: The Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Well he's going to have to wait a year to sign Doughty, assuming he even makes it to free agency.

I think people need to be prepared for a light summer as far as immediate additions go. This team is not likely to compete for anything other than Jack Hughes next year and thats fine.

2019-20 we may see a pretty big turnaround with this team headed towards contender status by 20-21 if they do this right.
That’s how I see it. They’ll make Grabner-like signings to make sure we don’t see an Edmonton situation. But, there’s no way they’ll be in the running for JT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Off Sides

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
There is no immediate need to sign someone this offseason at all. I would wait and figure out cap issues to plan ahead. Extend the RFAs we want and let the UFAs clear waivers or send them in a deal elsewhere. Figure out who belongs and who goes, and focus on the financials of the organization. But if there is nice deal available, I would partake interest in it if it were plausible.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Well he's going to have to wait a year to sign Doughty, assuming he even makes it to free agency.

I think people need to be prepared for a light summer as far as immediate additions go. This team is not likely to compete for anything other than Jack Hughes next year and thats fine.

2019-20 we may see a pretty big turnaround with this team headed towards contender status by 20-21 if they do this right.

Chara was signed the year after the Thornton deal. I'm not saying they'll sign doughty but if they get top 5 picks the next 2 drafts plus doughty and the young talent and prospects in the system this team is on its way.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
But he'll look so good.....

iCk4zYI.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad