GDT: The Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Hey McD, we know we asked for your no trade list, but we were just kidding around, turns out we could not find a deal we lik... I mean we were just kidding around. We'd like to now extend you for ~60M over 7 years. What do you mean you want a full no movement clause throughout? I told you we were just kidding.

jwelles17

Apr 23, 2012
DD goes for a 4th or 5th, addition by subtraction

Spooner goes for a 2nd

McD gets traded to a team out of left field for a haul we didn't expect.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Big day here, I hope they clean house completely today with the guys who are all but gone. Really don't want McD/Zucc dragging out into the summer. Unless they plan on keeping Zuccy poo which I doubt. Minimize the dark cloud of this season and let the room settle a bit. Full bore to the bottom of standings.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Take it with a grain of salt and may have been discussed already.

During last night's game Valliquette and Michaletti both made commentary that Miller and Zuccs were ideal candidates for leadership going forward with young players coming in. Zuccs had the right attitude and determination and JT was battling a new environment this year having been brought up in an environment of success since his draft, but he was a strong personality and likely to have a letter on his chest. Not verbatim, but some of that lingo was used.

I don't think Zuccs is moved. I said a month ago when it was leaked they were blowing it up that Zuccs as C moving forward made a lot of sense in the mould of Hejduk in Colorado with Miller and Staal as A's.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The latest you can move McDonagh is the draft. His value isn't going to go up at next year's TDL. Plus you risk further injuries that can easily derail any trade plans.

I don’t disagree with the sentiment, but the latest would be October. Value in the summer should be as high as at the draft.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Well, if we don't trade McD we are struck with just veterans in left side ( McD, Staal and Skjei), this is not ideal. Can we get rid off Staal, please?

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Take it with a grain of salt and may have been discussed already.

During last night's game Valliquette and Michaletti both made commentary that Miller and Zuccs were ideal candidates for leadership going forward with young players coming in. Zuccs had the right attitude and determination and JT was battling a new environment this year having been brought up in an environment of success since his draft, but he was a strong personality and likely to have a letter on his chest. Not verbatim, but some of that lingo was used.

I don't think Zuccs is moved. I said a month ago when it was leaked they were blowing it up that Zuccs as C moving forward made a lot of sense in the mould of Hejduk in Colorado with Miller and Staal as A's.

I know we are rapidly running out of candidates, but I wouldn't exactly be enthralled with the idea of giving Miller a letter.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
I don’t disagree with the sentiment, but the latest would be October. Value in the summer should be as high as at the draft.

All depends on what Gorton is thinking speed wise for the rebuild I suppose. You would think it is ASAP. Also all depends on the return for Mac, but any picks coming back would then be for the 2019 draft instead if the one in a few months.

Certainly don't disagree his value should be around the same, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad