THE Toronto ___ of the _HL.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
The Toronto Perpetual Losers, of any league in any sport (except the CFL, i guess).

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Toronto Toros

A bull is a bad ass mascot, that has absolutely nothing to do with Toronto. :)

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Funny my buddy and I were actually discussing this the other day. Have the league disband and start over from scratch, and have four separate leagues under one umbrella. A northeast league, southeast league, pacific league and central league. Buy the WHA name and use that or just add an S to become the National Hockey LeagueS. Give em each a 30m cap per team and have at it. As for the names, the teams own them, not the NHL correct? If we had to though? The Arenas. Keep our. colours and already have a classic logo.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Easy, call them the Toronto Hockey Club. Give them the shoulder patch as the logo. Fans "nickname" them the Maple Leafs. A way to go through the backdoor.

Yup. That would be my preference if this unlikely scenario ever came to pass.

Name the team the Toronto Hockey Club, wear the 'Arenas' sweaters (which itself was just a nickname spawned because the team was owned by the Toronto Arena Company), and like any European or South American football club, let the fans give the team a nickname: the Maple Leafs.

Toronto Toros

A bull is a traditional symbol of finance, one of Toronto's primary industries; a 'bull market' is marked by increasing investor confidence and investment. Doubt that is where the Toros name came from though... at least their sweaters were pretty nice:

2965952401_e80e797b46.jpg

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Toronto Toros

Toros was the name for some possible league that was hatched up a few years ago, I believe? I like the name.

hockeyfanz*

Toros was the name for some possible league that was hatched up a few years ago, I believe? I like the name.

Toronto Ice Cubs

Its a play on words...(ice cubes) cause we are in Canada and its so freaking cold....and it has an association with an equally inept organization, which gives it a whole new meaning...as in we are the Cubs on Ice.....LOL.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

Bring back the WHA and give the NHL a run for it's money. It was somewhat successful last time.

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
Yup. That would be my preference if this unlikely scenario ever came to pass.

Name the team the Toronto Hockey Club, wear the 'Arenas' sweaters (which itself was just a nickname spawned because the team was owned by the Toronto Arena Company), and like any European or South American football club, let the fans give the team a nickname: the Maple Leafs.

A bull is a traditional symbol of finance, one of Toronto's primary industries; a 'bull market' is marked by increasing investor confidence and investment. Doubt that is where the Toros name came from though... at least their sweaters were pretty nice:

2965952401_e80e797b46.jpg

We could call ourselves the Bay Street "Bullies"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->