THE Toronto ___ of the _HL.

Apr 1, 2010
Three questions.

Lets just say the NHL disbands and the owners start a new league.

What should the name of the league be?

Would you support the new Toronto team?

What should the new team name be if they can't keep the name Maple Leafs?

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Easy, call them the Toronto Hockey Club. Give them the shoulder patch as the logo. Fans "nickname" them the Maple Leafs. A way to go through the backdoor.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Toronto Maple Syrups.

Green-Men-Throw-Waffles-in-Canada.gif

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Easy, call them the Toronto Hockey Club. Give them the shoulder patch as the logo. Fans "nickname" them the Maple Leafs. A way to go through the backdoor.

But they wouldn't be the Maple Leafs. They'd be some other team. Why should they cash in on the legacy of the Leafs? Just because they happen to be located in the same city? Seems like a pretty dumb reason to me.

Apr 1, 2010
:laugh:

Toronto Tree Monkeys. Apart of the Canadian Hockey Association (CHA).

Tree monkeys? That is so close to being so bad. :laugh:

I was thinking North American Hockey Association. NAHA. For the league.

Toronto Melting Pot forthe team, in reference to the multiculturalism of the city.

Forget Leafs Nation we fans can all be called Pot Heads. :p:

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Tree monkeys? That is so close to being so bad. :laugh:

I was thinking North American Hockey Association. NAHA. For the league.

Toronto Melting Pot forthe team, in reference to the multiculturalism of the city.

Forget Leafs Nation we fans can all be called Pot Heads. :p:

Interesting proposal. Allows for further marketing reaching out to more people allowing them to grow the fan base.

Maybe the league should just be called 'The Hockey League'. Simple, makes it sound like they are the only one and the best.

Apr 1, 2010
Interesting proposal. Allows for further marketing reaching out to more people allowing them to grow the fan base.
It seemed fitting since this franchise over the last 45yrs has led people to substance abuse.
Maybe the league should just be called 'The Hockey League'. Simple, makes it sound like they are the only one and the best.

That is interesting. What about going with a baseball type league name? Major League Hockey?
All the other leagues are minor...

IN all seriousness is there something about Toronto that defines it, or it's history that would be a fitting name for its hockey team?

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
But they wouldn't be the Maple Leafs. They'd be some other team. Why should they cash in on the legacy of the Leafs? Just because they happen to be located in the same city? Seems like a pretty dumb reason to me.

Why wouldn't they be? Just because someone says they can't?

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Oh I get it, its like mad libs.

The Toronto Maple Farts, of the Booger Hockey League.

Oh to be a child again.

reza87

Jun 29, 2010
Hey, we might as well talk about something other than the lockout for a change.

I like The Toronto Blue or even The Blue Shirts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad