Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Reactions: Runner77 and Alicat

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I enjoyed the Tide series with Charlie Day the most i think. Jeep would’ve been my #2.

There were a couple that I’m still not sure what the company or target was.

edit: yup, they came up in the lowest five rated ads. Along with my personal least favorite lol

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I really dislike that we see the commercials ahead of time now. It takes a lot of the fun out of it.

I thought the Loretta commercial was well done, but the Super Bowl isn't the place for an ad like that.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The Loretta commercial made me want to lay in traffic. Saturday was the 20th anniversary Of my mother’s passing so I’m hoping my dad didn’t jump off his roof.

I loved the other four commercials

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
The Loretta commercial made me want to lay in traffic. Saturday was the 20th anniversary Of my mother’s passing so I’m hoping my dad didn’t jump off his roof.

I loved the other four commercials

Exactly.

I have several friends that have recently (very recently - as recently as Friday) lost close family members. I can see the Super Bowl being an opportunity to get back to "normal", and then to see something like that...just not right.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Exactly.

I have several friends that have recently (very recently - as recently as Friday) lost close family members. I can see the Super Bowl being an opportunity to get back to "normal", and then to see something like that...just not right.

it really put me in a sad mood for the rest of the night. You really have to wonder what they were going for there other than to be a huge wet blanket.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Ground Hog Day Jeep commercial is destined to be one of the grat ads of all time.

Somebody figured out that Groundhog Day this year was also Super Sunday. Then to make it work they went back to the same town in Illinois where the movie was filmed only last week.

Bill Murray returns to Woodstock Square to film Jeep commercial | Northwest Herald

Bill Murray, star of the film “Groundhog Day,” returned to the Square on Saturday, almost 28 years after the film was shot at locations on and around the Square and elsewhere in McHenry County. This time, Murray was there to film a Jeep commercial.

“Groundhog Day,” which was released in 1993, features Murray as a TV meteorologist who finds himself stuck reliving the same day – Groundhog Day – in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania.

Gregg Hanson, who along with his two sisters owns The Backdrop vintage shop, said for those who love the movie, seeing the commercial being filmed was like a continuation of the story.

“It’s like déjà vu,” Hanson said.

Although he wasn’t in Woodstock for the shooting of the original film, Hanson said when looking at photos he noticed that the commercial setting was almost an “exact re-creation” of the movie, with a little twist.

Because of the commercial, Hanson said, he now has more of a connection to the movie.

Along with Murray, Hanson also saw the man who played the mayor in “Groundhog Day” on Saturday, Brian Doyle-Murray, as well as Stephen Tobolowsky, who played “Needlenose Ned” Ryerson.

A plaque at 100 Cass St. still commemorates “Ned’s Corner,” where Murray’s character, Phil Connors, keeps running into his old high school friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
The Jason Momoa add totally got me ... when he steps down out of the boots is kinda funny but then the arms and abs come off and I lost it.

Reactions: Fenway

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The Google one was awful. Nobody wants to think about an old man's dead wife during the Superbowl. What were they thinking?

Also, the Planters Baby Nut was cute but a complete and utter ripoff of Baby Yoda so I can't give them any respect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad