3)Drew Doughty - 49.38%
4)Brent Burns - 48.30%
5)Duncan Keith - 34.34%
6)Pernell-Karl Subban - 50.00%
7)Oliver Ekman-Larsson - 29.63%
8)Kris Letang - 29.45%
9)Alex Pietrangelo - 30.82%
10)Roman Josi - 29.14%
11)Shea Weber - 25.17% (Lost Tiebreaker)
12)Ryan Suter - 28.07%
13)Marc Edouard Vlasic - 28.78%
14)Mark Giordano - 28.06% (Lost Tiebreaker)
15)Ryan McDonagh - 46.00%
16)Hampus Lindholm - 25.89%
17)Seth Jones - 34.21%
18)Thomas James Brodie - 24.72%
19)Colton Parayko - 12.75%
20)Dougie Hamilton - 23.97% `
21)Jaccob Slavin - 19.63%
22)Jacob Trouba - 25.58%
23)Oscar Klefbom - 15.04%
24)Cam Fowler - 17.70% (Lost Tiebreaker)
25)Dustin Byfuglien - 11.94%
26)Torey Krug - 8.21% (Lost Tiebreaker)
27)Justin Faulk - 11.11%
28)Zach Werenski - 14.82% (Lost Tibreaker)

Added: Brady Skjei and Justin Schultz

Add Stanings:

Muzzin, Barrie, Manson - 1

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
If Klingberg isn't taken, to the person that made Klingberg lose:

"I will look for you, I will find you, and I will pretend to give you a cookie but eat it myself."

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Ekblad is a lot better than many of the guys already chosen let alone the guys still on the poll. He is by far the clear choice here.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Ekblad is a lot better than many of the guys already chosen let alone the guys still on the poll. He is by far the clear choice here.

No he isn't he was sheltered his first 2 years and had a terrible year last year, his usage isn't even comparable to guys to do regular #1 duties like Faulk, Buff or Fowler despite draft status and all.

kij

Jan 31, 2016
Ristolainen should not even be on the board, tons of ice time, no shot suppression, low generation, but decent point production. Not a top defenseman in the league though.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
No he isn't he was sheltered his first 2 years and had a terrible year last year, his usage isn't even comparable to guys to do regular #1 duties like Faulk, Buff or Fowler despite draft status and all.

I would easily take Ekblad over the 3 you mentinoed Klefblom for sure (how the hell is he top 30???), Slavin, Trouba, Krug, Giordano, Jones and McDonagh.

I would think about him over Hamilton (although I loved how he progressed last year), Parayko, Lindholm and Suter.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I would easily take Ekblad over the 3 you mentinoed Klefblom for sure (how the hell is he top 30???), Slavin, Trouba, Krug, Giordano, Jones and McDonagh.

I would think about him over Hamilton (although I loved how he progressed last year), Parayko, Lindholm and Suter.

When's the last time you saw Ekblad play? Holy ****.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Last season

Well lets see he put 27 point pace and blew defensively for half a season while playing his first season as a top pairing d-man, take out his draft status or watch some other players.

Just cause you'd take them him over other players doesn't mean's better. If we're basing this off actual play, Ryan Ellis had a better season last year than Ekblad ever has. Shattenkirk had 56 points last year which is more than twice as much as Ekblad was on pace for, and he still wasn't as bad as Ekblad defensively last year. I'll give you Larsson but Carlsson? not a chance.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
The overrating of Ekblad, Ristolainen, and Carlson continues. The underrating of Klingberg continues. Klingberg was overrated when people thought he was a top 10 D based on a hot start in 2015-2016, but man did last year get him criminally underrated. Fun fact out of everyone still not picked, only Risto and Carlson took harder matchups than Klingberg. All of them had poor underlying numbers, but Klingberg had the best out of the 3, while producing more, oh and much better numbers prior despite being heavily sheltered. Nevertheless, Klingberg should be the option. Ekblad is a terrible Dman, and Risto is very overrated not just by Sabres fans anymore but even overall.

Last edited:

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Well lets see he put 27 point pace and blew defensively for half a season while playing his first season as a top pairing d-man, take out his draft status or watch some other players.

Just cause you'd take them him over other players doesn't mean's better. If we're basing this off actual play, Ryan Ellis had a better season last year than Ekblad ever has. Shattenkirk had 56 points last year which is more than twice as much as Ekblad was on pace for, and he still wasn't as bad as Ekblad defensively last year. I'll give you Larsson but Carlsson? not a chance.

That's a severe understatement. Shattenkirk is constantly a positive benefit to his team defensively in a sheltered role, same cannot be said for many other players. Under tough competition I agree Shatty struggles, but he's still dynamic offensively.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

Shattenkirk puts up big points but would struggle defensively in my 7 year old daughters hockey league.

I personally don't get as wowed by points by defenseman as some do especially when that comes with zero defense. Ekblad isn't near as bad defensively as you are trying to paint him as either.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

There's nothing that says Klefbom isn't top 30, he's a great player by far. Lol Ekblad over Slavin, Trouba, GIORDANO? Are you even a Flames fan? Jones was sheltered but produced much better results than Ekblad, McDonagh is far better than Ekblad, please just stop. I'd easily take Parayko, Lindholm, and Suter. Hamilton is a mixed bag, but he played some of the most difficult minutes and heavy Dzone starts relative to his team mates and still produced awesome results even if he had an elite partner in Gio (And seeing how you hate Gio, that basically means Hamilton is elite due to their underlying numbers together).

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Shattenkirk puts up big points but would struggle defensively in my 7 year old daughters hockey league.

I personally don't get as wowed by points by defenseman as some do especially when that comes with zero defense. Ekblad isn't near as bad defensively as you are trying to paint him as either.

Shatty's mistakes do end up in the net, but you are clearly underrating him defensively. Ekblad isn't bad defensively but he struggled with top competition and is criminally overrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad