May 29, 2007
YFO
- Brees overrated
- Mack overrated
- Mahomes underrated
- Gurley overrated
- Brady underrated

The rest are about right.

Mahomes is a beast, but we’re talking one season. Brees, Mack and Donald have dominated for multiple seasons. I think those are fair rankings for the top 4.

The most egregious one for me is Gurley ranked ahead of Antonio Brown. What? He’s not even the best RB in the league as far as I’m concerned.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Mahomes is a beast, but we’re talking one season. Brees, Mack and Donald have dominated for multiple seasons. I think those are fair rankings for the top 4.

The most egregious one for me is Gurley ranked ahead of Antonio Brown. What? He’s not even the best RB in the league as far as I’m concerned.
Oh, Gurley is by far the most egregious ranking. If I'm not mistaken this is looking ahead to next season as well as the season they just had, and there are a lot of question marks around Gurley.

Donald is the no-brainer number 1, glad they finally recognized him as that. One of the greatest players to ever play the game already. You could argue that 4 seasons ago he had one of the greatest seasons by a D-lineman ever, and he's improved every single year to the point that it's just absurd.

I get the argument with Mahomes just having one season, but at the same time... 5,000+ yards, 50 TDs, probably the best highlight tape of any QB in NFL history... It's a lot, and his consistency game to game was unreal. I would have had him at #2.

I was actually pleasantly surprised to see Brown still that high due to how much controversy surrounded him. I still think he's the clear best WR/RB/TE in the league.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Oh, Gurley is by far the most egregious ranking. If I'm not mistaken this is looking ahead to next season as well as the season they just had, and there are a lot of question marks around Gurley.

Donald is the no-brainer number 1, glad they finally recognized him as that. One of the greatest players to ever play the game already. You could argue that 4 seasons ago he had one of the greatest seasons by a D-lineman ever, and he's improved every single year to the point that it's just absurd.

I get the argument with Mahomes just having one season, but at the same time... 5,000+ yards, 50 TDs, probably the best highlight tape of any QB in NFL history... It's a lot, and his consistency game to game was unreal. I would have had him at #2.

I was actually pleasantly surprised to see Brown still that high due to how much controversy surrounded him. I still think he's the clear best WR/RB/TE in the league.

Yeah, Donald has surpassed prime J.J. Watt at this point. It’s almost not fair how good he is.

I have a hard time believing Mahomes won’t take a “step back” next season. Now that’s probably something like 4500 yards and 35 TDs, but I don’t know that he becomes the undisputed best NFL QB next season.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Mahomes is a beast.. Brees, Mack and Donald have dominated for multiple seasons. I think those are fair rankings for the top 4..

I'm not sure how this list was qualified.. is it best total, active careers.. or solely how they played last season (?)

Either way, Brady would still seem the obvious #1. He's coming off a Super Bowl win.. And total career, Brady's done more than dominate 'multiple seasons' (like Donald, etc); he's dominated an entire generation.

Seems like a lot of the pundits, players, & drunken fans who are coronating Mahomes, are the same people who hoped & predicted that Kaepernick & RG3 would win multiple Super Bowls. I guess we'll see..
the clip where Jaworski confidently predicted that Kaepernick would be the greatest of all time never gets old.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I'm not sure how this list was qualified.. is it best total, active careers.. or solely how they played last season (?)

Either way, Brady would still seem the obvious #1. He's coming off a Super Bowl win.. And total career, Brady's done more than dominate 'multiple seasons' (like Donald, etc); he's dominated an entire generation.

Seems like a lot of the pundits, players, & drunken fans who are coronating Mahomes, are the same people who hoped & predicted that Kaepernick & RG3 would win multiple Super Bowls. I guess we'll see..
the clip where Jaworski confidently predicted that Kaepernick would be the greatest of all time never gets old.
Kaepernick and Mahomes have nothing in common except they both have laser arms. Comparing Mahomes to him and Bob Griffin is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this website. Congrats.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Too Low: David Decastro, Quenton Nelson, Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson, DeAndre Hopkins
Too High: Mark Ingram, Baker Mayfield, James Conner, Drew Brees, Larry Fitzgerald

Skill position players still tend to get way overrated, don't know how anyone can have James Conner 20 spots ahead of Harrison Smith.

One thing I'll say regarding the Ravens is that Mosley and Weddle definitely weren't the two best players on our defence last season -- it was Michael Pierce and Marlon Humphrey.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Brees is still good but #2? Nope. Also Mahomes, as good as he once last year, still needs to show me more than 1 good season before I have him in my top 5 NFL players.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
The list is called top players of 2019, so I assume the list was ranking the best players for this season and this season only.

Too high: Gurley (duh), Ben, Baker, Conner, Ebron, Lindsay, Mosley, Newton, Mark Ingram
Too low: Clark, H. Smith, Hilton, Clowney, Zack Martin, Xavien Howard, Calais Campbell, CMC

And yeah, there are way too many skill position players on here.

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
Kaepernick and Mahomes have nothing in common except they both have laser arms. Comparing Mahomes to him and Bob Griffin is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this website. Congrats.

I never compared Mahomes' game to Kaepernick's game. You gotta comprehend what you're reading.

I said the premature coronation of Mahomes' is similar to the (previous) coronation of Kaepernick & RG Knee.
Comprehend what you're reading, before u personally insult other posters. Peace

Reactions: Wrigley

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I never compared Mahomes' game to Kaepernick's game. You gotta comprehend what you're reading.

I said the premature coronation of Mahomes' is similar to the (previous) coronation of Kaepernick & RG Knee.
Comprehend what you're reading, before u personally insult other posters. Peace
The coronation of Bob Griffin was very small. Cause Luck and Wilson were having better rookie years that season. That was the story. Plus neither of those two had a season even close to Mahomes did. But you have a good night.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
As a Vikings fan, I am surprised to see Kirk Cousins at 78. Mediocre situational QB. When you just look at his numbers without watching the games you think he is pretty good. Watching the games and it's another story. He always leaves you wanting more.

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
He most certainly is. Lots of salty Steelers fans want him to fail and are going on about how he’s been missing camp. But really he’s missing it because he’s a workout freak who probably went overboard with his training and underestimated the toll it took on his feet. Regardless, he worked out with Carr a lot in the offseason and missing some time from camp really doesn’t matter for a player of his caliber. He’s going to be back fine and give all the Raiders’ opponents hell

Reactions: Wrigley

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
The coronation of Bob Griffin was very small.. That was the story. Plus neither of those two had a season even close to Mahomes did..
The premature coronation of RG Knee was significant. He had two gigantic corporate endorsements with Gatorade & Subway before he ever took a single NFL snap. I don't remember eventual Super Bowl champs like Brady, Flacco, Eli Manning, Mark Rypien, Phil Simms, Big Ben, Brees, etc) with gigantic, national endorsements before they took a single NFL snap (?)

Why is it that there is/was a strong, recurring, wishful rush to coronate RG Knee, Mahomes, Michael Vick, Kordell Stewart, Randall Cunningham, Mariota, Kaepernick as the next big, great game-changer. None of these guys win any Lombardis (?) Jaworski predicted Kap would be the greatest QB ever, after a single season.. In my opinion, we're seeing the same with Mahomes.
There is a trend of (bigoted, in my opinion) sports pundits & drunken, face-painted fans who want traditional (especially Caucasian) pocket passers to be displaced & replaced from the game.. bcuz they're supposedly not athletic enough for the contemporary NFL. But in the meantime, pocket passers keep winning Super Bowls. peace

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
1Lamar Jackson2018211-32BALNFL1671476954.73543.4
2Bobby Douglass1972252-41CHINFL14141419686.87869.1
3Cam Newton2017281-1CARNFL16161397545.42647.1
4Cam Newton2015261-1CARNFL16161326364.821039.8
5Cam Newton2012231-1CARNFL16161277415.83846.3
6Cam Newton2011221-1CARNFL16161267065.601444.1
7Michael Vick2006261-1ATLNFL161612310398.45264.9
8Tim Tebow2011241-25DENNFL14111226605.41647.1
9Robert Griffin2012221-2WASNFL15151208156.79754.3
10Michael Vick2004241-1ATLNFL15151209027.52360.1
11Randall Cunningham1990272-37PHINFL16161189427.98558.9
12Russell Wilson2014263-75SEANFL16161188497.19653.1
13Michael Vick2002221-1ATLNFL15151137776.88851.8
14Cam Newton2013241-1CARNFL16161115855.27636.6
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

...There is a trend of (bigoted, in my opinion) sports pundits & drunken, face-painted fans who want traditional (especially Caucasian) pocket passers to be displaced & replaced from the game.. bcuz they're supposedly not athletic enough for the contemporary NFL. But in the meantime, pocket passers keep winning Super Bowls. peace
I agree with most of your good post as usual. The only part I interpret differently is that teams develop some QBs as pocket passers so they can have long successful careers. Others QBs they don't develop as pocket passers so they can have long successful careers. They just expect them to run the ball and they don't care about their long term development and health. Some examples of the latter group are Lamar Jackson, Cam Newton, and RG III.

Last edited:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The premature coronation of RG Knee was significant. He had two gigantic corporate endorsements with Gatorade & Subway before he ever took a single NFL snap. I don't remember eventual Super Bowl champs like Brady, Flacco, Eli Manning, Mark Rypien, Phil Simms, Big Ben, Brees, etc) with gigantic, national endorsements before they took a single NFL snap (?)

Why is it that there is/was a strong, recurring, wishful rush to coronate RG Knee, Mahomes, Michael Vick, Kordell Stewart, Randall Cunningham, Mariota, Kaepernick as the next big, great game-changer. None of these guys win any Lombardis (?) Jaworski predicted Kap would be the greatest QB ever, after a single season.. In my opinion, we're seeing the same with Mahomes.
There is a trend of (bigoted, in my opinion) sports pundits & drunken, face-painted fans who want traditional (especially Caucasian) pocket passers to be displaced & replaced from the game.. bcuz they're supposedly not athletic enough for the contemporary NFL. But in the meantime, pocket passers keep winning Super Bowls. peace

Mahomes threw 50 touchdowns last year. 50. Tied for 2nd most all time. Kaepernick and Bob Griffin threw a combined 32 in 2012. I honestly have no idea why you cant make the connection that Mahomes is much more talented than those two.

Reactions: GarbageGoal

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Last edited:
Reactions: Wrigley and MXD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad