The Tomas Plekanec Thread

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
35 year old Plekanec looks his age and see his career is winding down in a young man's game built on speed.

I pray we don't bring him back to Montreal next year, even on a dirt cheap contract to play on the fourth line. It's a waste of a roster spot.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Aside from the poor play on goal last night he looks really good to me. He's very quick and fluid. He's going to be very helpful to have around.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
there was one play last night where willy was flying and he through it in front of the net, I thought no willy no one is there, next thing I know the crappy camera guy is zooming in on pleks I was pleasantly surprised he has the speed to get there. Overall so far not been super happy with him, but very very small sample size with no real practices yet.

Sittler 27

Best fans Anywhere
Jun 12, 2010
New Team
New System
No Practice
Back-To-Back Situation.

He improved as time went on in the two games.

Heck, his possession numbers were still great.

You guys are judging too harshly.
Totally agree

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I would not throw him under the bus. Be different once he is adjusted and making crucial faceoff wins in the playoffs.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
New Team
New System
No Practice
Back-To-Back Situation.

Yep and last night he was thrown into a role we didn't pick him up for. He wasn't fantastic at it but we didn't sign him to center our top line either.

People just want to be miserable, people are more happy tearing a player apart just to prove that they are "right".

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
New Team
New System
No Practice
Back-To-Back Situation.

He can leave ASAP! He needs to take Bozak, JvR, and Polak with him! ;)

Am I doing this right? :biglaugh:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Yep and last night he was thrown into a role we didn't pick him up for. He wasn't fantastic at it but we didn't sign him to center our top line either.

People just want to be miserable, people are more happy tearing a player apart just to prove that they are "right".

I'm more happy when we don't have plugs that suck the level of play down, man he is a bad player, like worse than Polak bad.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
New Team
New System
No Practice
Back-To-Back Situation.

I agree. Given him a few days of more practice and getting use to Babcock's system. Plus in his first two games he has been on different line combinations.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
New system and only a few games in where he's been asked to center the top line. Some of you really need to relax. You'll love this guy come playoff time.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
lol it's been 2 games that were back-to-backs.

He's going to be terrific on our 4th line.

Just gotta be a bit patient. If he doesn't perform well closer to the playoffs, then sure, complain, but for now, let him get adjusted to a new team, new players and linemates and a new system.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
lol it's been 2 games that were back-to-backs.

He's going to be terrific on our 4th line.

Just gotta be a bit patient. If he doesn't perform well closer to the playoffs, then sure, complain, but for now, let him get adjusted to a new team, new players and linemates and a new system.
If you didn't want him in the first place you can complain now.
If you're happy with him, the rental and the 2nd round pick, yeah you'll have to be patient.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He looks like a guy that got brought in from a foreign team that plays a foreign style and he hasn't practiced with them yet. That what he looks like.

Reactions: Leafidelity

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Plekanec looks like a lot of trade deadline acquisitions and a lot of them don't work out...

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
I thought he was much better last night.

One thing that is quite telling about our team speed is that all we heard about Pleks (and Marleau to some extent) is how fast they are for their age but the drop is still very noticeable from our kids to them. The kids are blazing fast and its not even close

To be fair, everyone looks slow compared to Kappy

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
It was his first game in a new system.
He is not being set up to succeed given usage.
He was literally acquired the day before and had to fly in for an away game against a top team without even have a chance to learn the system.
Other than the penalties he did pretty well.

This completely, he looked fine to me.

That roughly translates into :

Juliens Habs locker room and players during a tank season is night and day of a difference compared to Babcocks 2nd East team with many young talented players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad