The Tomas Plekanec Thread

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Not a strong start, but as you say... game 1, new system and new line-mates. To be fair, he was as good as most of the others.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
How he does in the playoffs is all that matters.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Well he was recently traded from a career-long team, left his family for Toronto and b lined to Tampa.

One word. Stress. I will wait a few more games until he settles in.

Reactions: HarrisonFord

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Obviously not a good start... but I could tell that he'll be a good player for us.

Same thing with Andersen when he got here... ya, he let in a bunch of goals, but I could tell he was a good goalie despite first impressions.

Not gonna judge a guy with his kind of pedigree based on one game. It was really only the penalties that made him look bad anyways. He's not gonna take 2 (almost 3) penalties every game, so I doubt we have to worry about that going forward.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
If Marchand hates him. I like him. Oops, dislikes him. I dislike Marchand although I wouldn't mind him on my team. Backhanded compliment I guess.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
He was terrible. We all know he's a lot better than that. It's been a while since he has played in games with that type of intensity, and it showed.

Once he gets acclimated, he should definitely be an upgrade on Moore.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Just like Gorges hated the Leafs, I dislike Plekanec just as much.
Hate this deal. We were fine as is. With what we were losing already we were fine. Everyone got to keep their own rentals so there was no need for this IMO.
We should have added a permant solution with the own rentals. So when Bozak,JVR leave, we have someone in another position moving forward. Your welcome Montreal. Thanks for nothing.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Well he was recently traded from a career-long team, left his family for Toronto and b lined to Tampa.

One word. Stress. I will wait a few more games until he settles in.

This right here. Instead of going with a negative comment to quote on. I'll pick this to quote. I agree 100 %. Yes they make millions of dollars and are professionals. They are also human. They have families. The stress level is probably immense after close to 1000 games with Montreal. You then get traded to arguably your biggest rival. Then fly to Tampa. Guy deserves a while. . And I'll judge him on playoff performance as someone else mentioned.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I have a feeling he's going to be a very valued player for us. The whole team was pretty bad last night and he had some good moments

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Too many factors played here. The most important one for him is yet to realize that he is playing for a team in contention of division title vs a team contending for lottery pick. Give him some time, let him realize how good the team around him is and he will try to bring out his best he could as off now.

newfdizzle

Feb 16, 2012
He was fine. Made a couple mistakes and took a couple penalties... but he showed what it is that he has. He seems to be good at possessing the puck, I think once Kapanen slides back down (if he does) he will be a good center to play with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad