Pre-Game Talk: The time hast come...Van@Edm | Wednesday @ 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

I have no idea what the hell this means, but glad to see a smile on his face.

He’s a major breakout candidate especially if he finds chemistry with Turris or McDavid eventually.

He should get some favourable matchups on the 3rd line with Turris.

To a player they all have raved about this new and improved Pulju. Time heals all wounds and I think he grew up back in Suomi.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Looking at that Nucks roster on paper, they look rough. Looking at the Nucks board, they think the same thing about us. lol.

I think whichever team is the least sloppy probably takes it. Same as play in hockey.

It's going to be a sloppy game. I expect McDavid to come out flying and catch the Nucks off guard. I give this game to the Oilers

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
He’s a major breakout candidate especially if he finds chemistry with Turris or McDavid eventually.

He should get some favourable matchups on the 3rd line with Turris.

To a player they all have raved about this new and improved Pulju. Time heals all wounds and I think he grew up back in Suomi.

I think as fans we are far too harsh on these kids, They take time to mature and develop just like everyone else. We expect the moon out of them from day 1 purely based on a draft number. I can't imagine the kind of stress that causes on these young guys. Getting away from NA and rounding out his game back home probably did wonders for him mentally

Reactions: nabob and snipes

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
People aren't predicting the Oilers to do well cause they are a team that loves to let you down. Assume they will average or suck and they will probably do better than your expectations

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
People aren't predicting the Oilers to do well cause they are a team that loves to let you down. Assume they will average or suck and they will probably do better than your expectations

Then what possible reason is there for people predicting the Leafs will do great. They wrote the book on shitting the bed.

Reactions: oilers'72 and nabob

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Just wanna put this on record. I’m excited about this upcoming season based on the offseason pick ups. I haven’t been excited about an offseason for a long time, in fact every time I’m critical of the moves made the Oilers end up sucking or are mediocre as expected.

This year with the key missing piece in an puck moving offensive d-man finally filled, I think the Oilers will have a great year. Not to mention McDavid I fully expect to be on another level not seen before, he’ll be unstoppable.

Reactions: oilers'72

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Another consideration, we’ve come out the gate hot in preseason games the last few years. With no preseason action if that early trend continues, it could be very helpful for us in a season where every single game and winning streak matters.

Goes without saying we need to get a roll and winning games early.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I think as fans we are far too harsh on these kids, They take time to mature and develop just like everyone else. We expect the moon out of them from day 1 purely based on a draft number. I can't imagine the kind of stress that causes on these young guys. Getting away from NA and rounding out his game back home probably did wonders for him mentally

Especially for a kid that barely spoke English and was stapled to the bench for the simplest errors and his inability to articulate himself in English had to be difficult.

The raw talent and physical tools are all there. By pretty much every account he’s come back a completely new player with a better mindset and English skills.

Sometimes young men make mistakes. I know I sure as shit did when I was his age and even slightly older, we grow and mature in our views as we get older.

I think the time back home did wonders for him and his confidence hopefully, it had to have been a tough transition for him the first time he was in North America.

onetweasy

Oct 16, 2005
Button has the Oilers 6th LOL

Just laughable. Habs will be the biggest disappointment in the division considering the hype they have.

“O-Dog” with the Jets first......did he bother looking at their blue line?

At least it got me pumped for the Oilers to prove some of these guys wrong.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Especially for a kid that barely spoke English and was stapled to the bench for the simplest errors and his inability to articulate himself in English had to be difficult.

The raw talent and physical tools are all there. By pretty much every account he’s come back a completely new player with a better mindset and English skills.

Sometimes young men make mistakes. I know I sure as shit did when I was his age and even slightly older, we grow and mature in our views as we get older.

I think the time back home did wonders for him and his confidence hopefully, it had to have been a tough transition for him the first time he was in North America.

Only difference is we got whooped for our mistakes....LOL

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Only difference is we got whooped for our mistakes....LOL

He has a chance to correct this story and redeem himself. We all love a redemption story in life and in sports.

Something that I have always leaned on in tough times, especially when I was younger was “the last chapter to my story has not been written yet”. I would repeat that over and over again when I would go through adversity. Heck, I still do.

The same applies to Pulju, the last chapter to his story as a hockey player is far from written. He’s still kind of this big goofy puppy growing into his paws. If he ever learns how to use his body and play physical he could become an absolutely dynamic power forward with his size, skating, and shot.

Reactions: oilers'72

onetweasy

Oct 16, 2005
This is what I've been saying. A lot of people taking the play in series as far more important than the 70 game regular season, when really the play-in series was a bit of a side show wildcard.

I think on paper the Oilers are the only Canadian team that improved from last season, and we were already the best Canadian team last year.

I can’t understand it. I have tried to remove the homer glasses but I don’t see how on paper the oilers are any worse than 3rd.

Our 2nd line center is a top 5 player in the world for Christ sakes.

Anything can happen in season with injuries, Covid etc but as of right now. It’s between the oilers and leafs for top spot.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->