OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
This might be the best thread to ask this question - I just cancelled Directv, I hardly watch TV anymore like I use too and was tired of paying their bills, what is the cheapest service I can get that allows me to watch Devils games?

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
This might be the best thread to ask this question - I just cancelled Directv, I hardly watch TV anymore like I use too and was tired of paying their bills, what is the cheapest service I can get that allows me to watch Devils games?

dont know how much it is now but theres this… The way to watch live hockey is here ….just disregard the part where they mention you can listen to such "favorites" like jeannerat and rosen……:eek:

hope the service isnt out of date…clicked on the nhl.tv site and it goes to some rogers.com thing

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronnie Bass

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

do you know anyone who has cablevision? give them $20 for their msg go credentials and you can watch from any device.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Being an out of Towner my options are more limited than locals. I tried nhl.tv for the first time last year for $15 a month and was beyond thrilled compared to using nhl.com. It gave me the ability to watch every game on any streamable device while also getting whichever broadcast I wanted. This was the first year since I moved in 2000 that I got to listen to our home broadcasts since nhl.com always provided only the other team the Devils were playing.

Reactions: Ronnie Bass

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I have no plans to be a cord-cutter.

If I only cared about following one sport, sure, but I don't want to be hassled with finding separate services to watch the Devils, Yankees, and Liverpool.

I just hate that unless there's something I'm missing, it's not always easy to just find what you want to watch and have it actually work, in good clarity, whenever you want to watch it. I know a few ppl who say the best thing they ever did was a hacked firestick but the majority of my friends who did went back to cable.

Reactions: New Jersey

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I just hate that unless there's something I'm missing, it's not always easy to just find what you want to watch and have it actually work, in good clarity, whenever you want to watch it. I know a few ppl who say the best thing they ever did was a hacked firestick but the majority of my friends who did went back to cable.

I would rather pay Verizon than be forced to watch English soccer through a potato. I've had friends be like, "DUDE! Check out this stream I found!" I would proceed to be like, "Oh, cool," and in my head I'd be like, "How the f*** do you watch this garbage? I'd rather listen to a legit free radio feed than damage my eyesight."

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I have no plans to be a cord-cutter.

If I only cared about following one sport, sure, but I don't want to be hassled with finding separate services to watch the Devils, Yankees, and Liverpool.

NHL Streams
Soccer Streams
MLB Streams

if you don't mind watching on your computer that is.

i'm in an apartment with no cable, but i watched all my devils and everton games on my computer last season

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
NHL Streams
Soccer Streams
MLB Streams

if you don't mind watching on your computer that is.

i'm in an apartment with no cable, but i watched all my devils and everton games on my computer last season

I inherited my parents' 55" LED panel from 2009 which still looks beautiful, so that's what I watch all my games on and Fios is ideal. :laugh:

Now, I do have a 25' HDMI cable run through the wall from my gaming PC's GPU to the TV as another source. That'll typically be how I watch the Packers, because I feel [anecdotally] that NFL streams tend to be the best quality. I've watched Packers games from "sources" that look damn near like I have a dish with Sunday Ticket with zero buffering for three hours straight.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I would rather pay Verizon than be forced to watch English soccer through a potato. I've had friends be like, "DUDE! Check out this stream I found!" I would proceed to be like, "Oh, cool," and in my head I'd be like, "How the **** do you watch this garbage? I'd rather listen to a legit free radio feed than damage my eyesight."

Ha, reminds me of a coworker who would bring in pirated DVD movies telling me how good of quality it was, while to my eyes it was complete garbage. I didn't get a large screen HD TV to watch a crappy copy of a movie. The HD actually highlights how bad the quality is.

Sidenote: The coworker wears legit coke bottle glasses, so maybe there is a benefit to being near blind.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The days of true a la carte TV cant be too far away, and I think the way channels get compensated is going to necessarily change.

And it's about time; there's no reason a little old lady who hates sports should be "forced" to pay $8 per month for ESPN.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I very much like DVR. Even DVR'd sports.

DVR changed tv for me forever. Most often I watch shows at least a day later besides huge ones where I’m afraid of spoilers the next day.

Same, I even find that I start most Devils road games an hour later so I can fast forward commercials.

I can’t trust myself to not check scores on my phone so no way I would be able to do that with sports.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I had the "tailored" service once too, you'd be surprised how sick of sports you can get when it's the only channels you get.

Growing up on cable TV in the early 2000s, I do still "channel surf" as a hobby.

If there's something fire on anything from Comedy Central, to truTV, to National Geographic, I will watch it. The only thing about TV that still reigns supreme is literally Forrest Gump-esque. You never know what you're gonna get.

Reactions: Wingman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->