OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
what did you say in the texts?
Can’t recall exactly word for word and deleted the texts. I delete my inbox after a day. First one was just telling her I had a great time and hoped she made it or home or something like that. I can understand no reply to that. Then I sent her another text in the morning on Monday and she didn’t answer that one either.

newjerseydamo

May 15, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
www.puck-mad.com
Anddddddd now 12 hours turns into almost 30 and still have heard nothing.

Obviously I did do something that made her not wanna see me again, and that’s what I’m trying to figure out. I do also think that maybe she’s seeing other guys (which is beyond fine with me and none of my business) and might have me on the backburner, which I won’t take personally.
If I was her and saw these posts I'd run too.
Seriously. You need to relax more and let things happen a bit more naturally.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If I was her and saw these posts I'd run too.
Seriously. You need to relax more and let things happen a bit more naturally.
You’re the one who told me I should take a break because a two-three month relationship ended. And now 1.5 months later you probably think I should still be on a break, I’m assuming.

So I think you don’t know what you’re talking about, but it’s nothing personal. Your advice has sucked in the past in regards to this situation. If I listened to you, I’d still be crying over the one who broke things off in July.

newjerseydamo

May 15, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
www.puck-mad.com
You’re the one who told me I should take a break because a two-three month relationship ended. And now 1.5 months later you probably think I should still be on a break, I’m assuming.

So I think you don’t know what you’re talking about, but it’s nothing personal. Your advice has sucked in the past in regards to this situation. If I listened to you, I’d still be crying over the one who broke things off in July.
I said relax. You're coming across as a controlling freak who thinks they're ghosting you after 12 hours of no contact.
30 hours is nothing either. 10am one day to 4pm the next.
You're acting like this on a girl after your last attempt.
Says it all really and kinda makes my point.

Taking a break equates to crying? Ok then.
And now you're posting these sorts of things about a new girl.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I said relax. You're coming across as a controlling freak who thinks they're ghosting you after 12 hours of no contact.
30 hours is nothing either. 10am one day to 4pm the next.
You're acting like this on a girl after your last attempt.
Says it all really and kinda makes my point.

Taking a break equates to crying? Ok then.
And now you're posting these sorts of things about a new girl.
I’m giving it a 75% chance she doesn’t contact me again. I surely won’t be innitiating contact with her again.

And how am I posting these sorts of things about the new girl? I don’t feel anywhere near as strong about her as I did the last one. I’ve went out with her one time! I was actually really starting to fall for the one from a few months ago. This one means nothing to right now.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I can understand where both of you are coming from but.

It is odd for a girl to not talk to you after 30 hours after a seemingly good date with how interconnected people are. Sure relaxing is the appropriate way to take all of this, but for real Bleed has had a rough bit of time lately and you are just being an ass damo. Sure some people dont text or talk as much but also it is very likely that she has already ghosted him as well. It is the nature of dating these days

Reactions: Billdo and Bleedred

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
at this point @Bleedred i'd move on for sure and split your efforts. it's a lesson anyway. i've been ghosted after 2-3 good dates with this one girl. weird as hell. but the idea that those types of people exist changes and becomes more real/tangible once you've experienced it.

ghosting is just common with this generation

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can understand where both of you are coming from but.

It is odd for a girl to not talk to you after 30 hours after a seemingly good date with how interconnected people are. Sure relaxing is the appropriate way to take all of this, but for real Bleed has had a rough bit of time lately and you are just being an ass damo. Sure some people dont text or talk as much but also it is very likely that she has already ghosted him as well. It is the nature of dating these days
Thanks, but I don't really think Damo is being an ass. I kind of snapped at him a bit, so I was probably an ass too. I didn't agree with him telling me to take a break last time after the ending of a 2-3 month relationship. A lot of people act like you need to take a break from dating after a relationship ends, even if it's just a brief one. Even after my 5+ year relationship ended, I was ready to date again within 2-2.5 months or so. I've taken a break from dating for 4 or 5 years before I met the one from a few months ago. I don't think I need anymore breaks. But with hockey coming, I think I'll be fine with taking another break.
at this point @Bleedred i'd move on for sure and split your efforts. it's a lesson anyway. i've been ghosted after 2-3 good dates with this one girl. weird as hell. but the idea that those types of people exist changes and becomes more real/tangible once you've experienced it.

ghosting is just common with this generation
What's really annoying is how into me she was. She pursued me (as most women I go out with, as I don't ask many out) and I got her number and made a date for two nights later. She was into me on the date. Not sure what I did that turned her off.

But it's like you said, it seems very common to ghost in this generation. This girl was quite a bit younger than me, so she's probably from that ghosting generation, but I'm sure people my age and way older do it also. I've been ghosted after a first date, but never one that went this well. I'm definitely not the first person this has ever happened to. It seems like a fairly common practice unfortunately.

Reactions: Darkauron

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Thanks, but I don't really think Damo is being an ass. I kind of snapped at him a bit, so I was probably an ass too. I didn't agree with him telling me to take a break last time after the ending of a 2-3 month relationship. A lot of people act like you need to take a break from dating after a relationship ends, even if it's just a brief one. Even after my 5+ year relationship ended, I was ready to date again within 2-2.5 months or so. I've taken a break from dating for 4 or 5 years before I met the one from a few months ago. I don't think I need anymore breaks. But with hockey coming, I think I'll be fine with taking another break.

What's really annoying is how into me she was. She pursued me (as most women I go out with, as I don't ask many out) and I got her number and made a date for two nights later. She was into me on the date. Not sure what I did that turned her off.

But it's like you said, it seems very common to ghost in this generation. This girl was quite a bit younger than me, so she's probably from that ghosting generation, but I'm sure people my age and way older do it also. I've been ghosted after a first date, but never one that went this well. I'm definitely not the first person this has ever happened to. It seems like a fairly common practice unfortunately.

one experience in my life 13 years or so ago……. similar situation…..she asked for my number, went on a date…..it was a good time…..i called her a few days later and asked her out again and he turned me down

….at least she had the courtesy to answer my call and let me know she wasnt interested.

….this "ghosting" thing these days just screams of self-centered f***ing pricks everywhere

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
one experience in my life 13 years or so ago……. similar situation…..she asked for my number, went on a date…..it was a good time…..i called her a few days later and asked her out again and he turned me down

….at least she had the courtesy to answer my call and let me know she wasnt interested.

….this "ghosting" thing these days just screams of self-centered ****ing pricks everywhere
I know! I don't understand this ghosting thing. I think it's pretty cowardice, to be honest with you.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

….this "ghosting" thing these days just screams of self-centered ****ing pricks everywhere
It's the idea of not wanting to hurt someones feelings/put yourself in a tough situation. I cant shit on it though, I've had trouble relaying lack of interest in the past, including non-datingsituations. I think it's a result of who you are as a person

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don't think ghosting is really a new thing, it's just much more of an obvious thing now. Before cell phones you could still ignore people, it was just different because they only had your landline number and you could just simply not answer the phone, especially if you didn't have an answering machine lol

Now you have to deal with people trying to get in contact with something that's connected to most people at all times through their phones via text or a bunch of social media accounts.

Reactions: tr83

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Damo is in Australia, so perhaps people aren’t married to their cell phones like they are in many parts of the world.

As I (think I did?) explained, she was getting back to me pretty quickly on Sunday before we went out. She never got back to me, so I wanna think this is ghosting.

So while I don’t believe this has happened to me before after such a good first date (I have been ghosted before though), I was still pretty sure this is ghosting. And maybe she does have me on the backburner as well, which I’m okay with. I don’t begrudge anyone for multi-dating if they’re not in a relationship. I would probably do it if I weren’t so lazy.

Reactions: OmNomNom

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
South Orange Avenue in Vailsburg is *not* that bad. Doesn’t come close to how scary Ocean Avenue in Jersey City is at night.

Now, SO Ave on Newark West Side at night I can’t speak on. Passing through in broad daylight on my way to class today (there’s A LOT of traffic because it’s a county route) you can still kinda tell you don’t want to get lost there after dark once you pass University Hospital.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I laugh when people tell me “you’re an adult now, no more summer vacation.”

I still have a summer vacation, it’s called spending 45 combined minutes less per day commuting because there’s no parents and teachers on the road who seem to completely forget how to drive in September.

Reactions: Davegarri

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Bleed, the best advice I can give you is not to take it personally. Ghosting is really disrespectful and often unprovoked, don't feel like like you did something wrong because you probably didn't.

Think of it like this - do you really want to be with someone who clearly doesn't respect your feelings and doesn't know how to communicate properly? If she had an issue she should have been an adult and told you. Silence speaks volumes in these scenarios.

A female friend of mine with awful taste in dudes gets ghosted all the time and I have to keep reminding her that it's a them problem, not a you problem.

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad