OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 201: Let's fill it under 6.5 months this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Had surgery about two weeks ago and still sore as hell. Everyone got me beer as gifts so I've tried a heck of a lot in the last few days. Highly recommend Tropicalia, Monkeynaut and one of my favorites Sweetwater 420. All IPAs brewed in the southeast, but some damn good beers.

How has everything else been going otherwise?

Never a problem having too much beer :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Had surgery about two weeks ago and still sore as hell. Everyone got me beer as gifts so I've tried a heck of a lot in the last few days. Highly recommend Tropicalia, Monkeynaut and one of my favorites Sweetwater 420. All IPAs brewed in the southeast, but some damn good beers.

I'm a fan of Sweetwater 420.

I basically got everything Ommegang brews for my 30th birthday. If they make it, I recommend it. I have very little complaints about what they brew.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I ****ing hate tinnitus.

Fans... fans everywhere...

X-Everywhere.jpg

I feel you.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
worlds gone to ****....
so....i go to buy spray paint at canadian tire and all of it is locked behind a cage (fine, understandable they dont people testing colours in store).... but to have a pimple faced kid come and unlock the **** and then tell me that HE has to carry the can to the cashier blew my mind:shakehead

best part of this is at the cashier the manager just happens to be near and i ask him if they do carry outs to the car for customers

" ...and now i would like someone to come here and carry my can of spray paint to my car for me"

just to be a dick

edit: i should clarify that i didnt actually go through with it but it did start up a conversation with the manager about the "policy"

anyways, as a customer i just found the whole experience very disrespectful

how many times do i have to get involved george costanza-like situation

Last edited:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I ****ing hate tinnitus.

1. why do you have it?

2. ive had bouts with it also, short lengths after playing a live show with the band or seeing a concert and longer (sometimes 6 plus months) due to issue with my right eustachian tube……the latter does drive me a bit nuts after a while…the former is no big deal

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
worlds gone to ****....
so....i go to buy spray paint at canadian tire and all of it is locked behind a cage
(fine, understandable they dont people testing colours in store).... but to have a pimple faced kid come and unlock the **** and then tell me that HE has to carry the can to the cashier blew my mind:shakehead.......anyways, as a customer i just found the whole experience very disrespectful

Because if you wanted to cause spray-paint mayhem in the store you simply couldn't walk right back inside with it after purchase, right?

Same thing happened to me while buying some .22lr ammo at DICKS about a year ago. I never shop there but it was on uber-sale, and a guy at the counter puts it into a locked box which can only be unlocked at the cashier island, like it's Uranium 235 or something. Huh?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Because if you wanted to cause spray-paint mayhem in the store you simply couldn't walk right back inside with it after purchase, right?

Same thing happened to me while buying some .22lr ammo at DICKS about a year ago. I never shop there but it was on uber-sale, and a guy at the counter puts it into a locked box which can only be unlocked at the cashier island, like it's Uranium 235 or something. Huh?

More reasons to just shoot arrows.
:)

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I ****ing hate tinnitus.

I get that every once in a while but luckily it goes away, especially when I'm able to stop thinking about it.

The thing I'm dealing with is TMD. About 2 years ago my right jaw started "popping" any time I open my mouth wide enough. It's so annoying and I know other people can hear the pop. My dentist said his wife had surgery to correct hers and it didn't help..

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

I love to fish...A lot... but it just doesn't satisfy that primal urge that all eyes in front of their face creatures with incisors should have.

Edit:. One of my favorite quotes from The Witchery of Archery

"We are nothing better than refined and enlightened savages. The fibre of our nature is not changed in substance ; it is polished and oiled.
The wild side of the prism of humanity still offers its pleasures to us, and it is healthful and essentially
necessary to broad culture that we accept them in moderation."

:)

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I dont feel a primal urge to hunt. I hunt because I like spending time in the outdoors, think guns are fun, and get satisfaction from getting tasty meat myself rather than buying it on styrofoam trays at the grocery store. A DIY thing. The last piece of the puzzle is I need to learn how to butcher a large mammal by myself, as I feel dropping the deer off at the butcher is "cheating" a bit at least in some small way.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I dont feel a primal urge to hunt. I hunt because I like spending time in the outdoors, think guns are fun, and get satisfaction from getting tasty meat myself rather than buying it on styrofoam trays at the grocery store. A DIY thing. The last piece of the puzzle is I need to learn how to butcher a large mammal by myself, as I feel dropping the deer off at the butcher is "cheating" a bit at least in some small way.

When I was younger, I used to hunt with my dad. I learned very quickly how to "clean" ducks and geese.

Pretty jarring to be a 13 year old cleaning shotgun pellets out of a dead duck :laugh: I can only imagine the labor on a deer, sheesh.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

I could understand that.

But when you see what a good job a quality butcher can do, really a job that you could never do unless you decide to invest in a band-saw just for meat you might change your mind.

There is deboning and then there is butchering. You want a slab of back-strap or a ham no problem, heck I can even do that while the skin is still on with a reasonably sharp pocket knife....You want a crown roast, strip steak, a rib eye, a shank for osso bucco... a good butcher is a much better option. :nod:

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
But when you see what a good job a quality butcher can do, really a job that you could never do unless you decide to invest in a band-saw just for meat you might change your mind.

Oh I have no delusions of being able to do specialty cutting and all the elaborate & fancy things a real butcher can do. I'd just be happy to learn how to do very basic butchering without "butchering" the animal. Basically steaks, cutlets, backstrap, and hamburger.

Aug 10, 2010
NJ

How much does a butcher charge to prepare a deer?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
How much does a butcher charge to prepare a deer?

Depends on what you get done. A basic cut and wrap is usually $65 to $85.

Specialty items are more and usually charged by the pound...Things like hot dogs, smoked meats and jerky or sausages. That stuff can get real expensive fast.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Congrats peoples!

We filled it in just a tad over 4 months this time!!!!

well then, i should get this jaw dropper in before the next one…..

I get that every once in a while but luckily it goes away, especially when I'm able to stop thinking about it.

The thing I'm dealing with is TMD. About 2 years ago my right jaw started "popping" any time I open my mouth wide enough. It's so annoying and I know other people can hear the pop. My dentist said his wife had surgery to correct hers and it didn't help..

sounds like TMD means too much dick :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
1. why do you have it?

2. ive had bouts with it also, short lengths after playing a live show with the band or seeing a concert and longer (sometimes 6 plus months) due to issue with my right eustachian tube……the latter does drive me a bit nuts after a while…the former is no big deal

I'm honestly not sure but I'm assuming too many loud concerts from when I was younger.

The severity comes and goes. I can go a few days where the ringing nearly drives me insane, and go weeks with very low or mild ringing.

White noise has always been the biggest help. I can't sleep with out it (or a TV on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad