OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 201: Let's fill it under 6.5 months this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I'd take a 94 any day with my Maxfli set from 2009! Planning to upgrade this season, though. Does anyone know a good club fitter?

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Looks like the pic disappeared. Not sure what happened there. My photobucket account doesn't seem to work properly anymore either. In any case, I had meh but modern clubs. I have a fast swing too, and I had to tweak my swing a lot to hit that driver decent. The thing that bugged me most was that there was no feedback. When I hit my driver, I know instantly where on the face I hit it. And I can somewhat reliably work it, at least from straight to varying degrees of a fade when necessary. The cheap driver I had what like swinging a giant marshmallow on the end of a wet noodle. And it honesty took a bit to get used to my clubs again. It was fun though, and worth it.

I finally just started driving straight consistently last year. I stopped playing baseball two years ago after blowing out my shoulder and started taking golf more seriously. I always had a baseball swing so I could never drive straight. Thousands of balls at the range later and finally I can drill it around 300 straight as an arrow consistently, depending on the slope of the hole and what not. I can't control draws or fades yet without adjusting the club head, but I'm fine just hitting it straight.

Next thing I gotta do is work on my putting lol. I finally broke 90 for the first time last year and it was mostly due to having a great day putting. I shot a 91 a two weeks ago and 2 and 3 putted most holes. I missed like 6 birdie putts by inches.

I guess that's why they say drive for show, putt for dough.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I finally just started driving straight consistently last year. I stopped playing baseball two years ago after blowing out my shoulder and started taking golf more seriously. I always had a baseball swing so I could never drive straight. Thousands of balls at the range later and finally I can drill it around 300 straight as an arrow consistently, depending on the slope of the hole and what not. I can't control draws or fades yet without adjusting the club head, but I'm fine just hitting it straight.

Next thing I gotta do is work on my putting lol. I finally broke 90 for the first time last year and it was mostly due to having a great day putting. I shot a 91 a two weeks ago and 2 and 3 putted most holes. I missed like 6 birdie putts by inches.

I guess that's why they say drive for show, putt for dough.

When I broke 80 last year for the first time, it was mostly attributed to 100 yards and in shots. My wedges were spot on, if I missed anywhere around the green my chips were all within 5 feet, and my putting was on. But those touch shots are the first thing to go. I was downright awful at all approach shots these first two rounds. Putting was ok, but my short game was miserable.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
State College is beautiful. But you don't have to go that far. Little Lehigh, Monocacy, Spring Creek, and more are just absolutely loaded with wild brownies. There is a small creek in the Poconos called Devils Hole I'd like to get back to this year. Very tough to access, fall/pool freestone stream with a thriving population of the most beautiful wild brook trout I've ever seen.

I really need to explore PA more. I just have become a creature of habit the last few years. If I have spare time to run after work or on the weekend I run to to the same places over and over.

Every year I set little fishing goals...usually silly stuff but this year my goal is to fish some new local(relatively) water.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I really need to explore PA more. I just have become a creature of habit the last few years. If I have spare time to run after work or on the weekend I run to to the same places over and over.

Every year I set little fishing goals...usually silly stuff but this year my goal is to fish some new local(relatively) water.

Yeah, I'm hoping to go farther up stream in a lot of the creeks I fish regularly. Like you, I've become comfortable with fishing the same stretches over and over. There are a lot of them, but I want to start exploring the small, often un-named feeder streams that feed the streams I usually fish.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Had a fantastic day at the creek yesterday. I saw a surprising amount of 16 plus inch wild browns, and caught a few too. Lots of fish in the 6 to 10 inch range as well. It's nice to see the trophy trout regs working.

I'll be headed to the Phantoms playoff game tonight as a Bears fan. Should be fun :)

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Had a fantastic day at the creek yesterday. I saw a surprising amount of 16 plus inch wild browns, and caught a few too. Lots of fish in the 6 to 10 inch range as well. It's nice to see the trophy trout regs working.

I'll be headed to the Phantoms playoff game tonight as a Bears fan. Should be fun :)

hope you wore something NJD to troll the LV fans.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

B-E-A-R-S BearsBearsBears whoooooooooo!!!

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
B-E-A-R-S BearsBearsBears whoooooooooo!!!

Oh man, it was great :laugh:

Part of me wants LV to win and for Albany to advance as well so I might be able to catch some Devils playoff games. But those fans going home disappointed is great.

To be honest, LV was the better team for the vast majority of the game. But Copley was definitely the better goalie.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Had surgery about two weeks ago and still sore as hell. Everyone got me beer as gifts so I've tried a heck of a lot in the last few days. Highly recommend Tropicalia, Monkeynaut and one of my favorites Sweetwater 420. All IPAs brewed in the southeast, but some damn good beers.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
In case anyone cares this might be the last season the isles play at barclays. Belmont has a shot at being the final location, though I can see how the isles move back to nvmc for a few yrs while the areana is being built

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I marched for genetically modified organisms today.... In the produce aisle.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Wait til he finds out that the length of his march was outside 2 standard deviations

As long as it's not outside of 3 SD it's acceptable.

I marched 2.5 miles up a part of Monocacy creek I've never fished before. Lots of legacy sediment deposited on concrete slab bottom with concrete slab banks. I don't know what kind of industry they used to use that part of the creek for, but it was pretty sad. Those areas were completely devoid of aquatic life. It's a shame because every area of the creek that wasn't marred by remnants of former industry was loaded with wild browns. Makes you wonder what the creek looked like before it was destroyed, and why we have yet to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->