OT: The Thread About Nothing CCXI: The Thread About Everything Besides Hockey and COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
i can’t help but think that the element of surprise played a huge role in the success of the first Borat. Obviously you only get that once.

I think its clear how recognizable he is hurt the film a lot. Even with his costumes I imagine most people knew who it was. All the more hilarious that Rudy got played as badly as he did.

Covid itself definitely screwed things up too.

Other issue is the shocking stuff is sadly not as shocking. He didn't expose anything new about the folks at that anti covid rally as we know they are also hyper racists and conspiracy nuts sadly.

Reactions: Oneiro and My3Sons

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
The Weather Channel, as a TV channel, is obsolete anyway. The default weather app on my iPhone is powered by The Weather Channel. I can click on it and in seconds have the weather for my area, plus the extended forecast. Why even bother turning it on?

To be frank, I apply this logic to pretty much any news or information TV channel. I could just go to (Website for your preferred news channel here) and read whatever news is there without having to sit through talking heads or infomercials. The only reason to watch these TV channels is because its on in the waiting room of the doctor's office, or for the entertainment (Read: not news or information) value of pundits debating.

Reactions: Darkauron

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
The Weather Channel, as a TV channel, is obsolete anyway. The default weather app on my iPhone is powered by The Weather Channel. I can click on it and in seconds have the weather for my area, plus the extended forecast. Why even bother turning it on?

To be frank, I apply this logic to pretty much any news or information TV channel. I could just go to (Website for your preferred news channel here) and read whatever news is there without having to sit through talking heads or infomercials. The only reason to watch these TV channels is because its on in the waiting room of the doctor's office, or for the entertainment (Read: not news or information) value of pundits debating.

Says the guy who didn’t lose Cell Phone/Internet service to an Ice Storm. Let’s be real even the internet blasts you with fodder.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

i (still) have no cell phone….i am at the mercy of the world when i leave the house!!! :scared:

oh well

Reactions: Davegarri

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
if its mechanical, open the trunk and tools and fix it

if its me breaking down emotionally? ….. cry, and walk to the next pay phone?

ill be fine
So you have an auto parts store in your trunk? I'm kidding but I remember you saying this a while ago and it was surprising then. I almost envy it.

Camille the Eel

So you have an auto parts store in your trunk? I'm kidding but I remember you saying this a while ago and it was surprising then. I almost envy it.
You know what’s good to keep in the car? A vice grip. All purpose adjustable sort of pliers that you can fasten down into a sort of wrench.

Whether it’s pulling wires off a battery terminal to polish the connections or grabbing a bolt or nut. Best all purpose thing around.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Puscifer released their new album. Like everything what Maynard did i`m happy so much of new release in year when good releases cost gold.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
You know what’s good to keep in the car? A vice grip. All purpose adjustable sort of pliers that you can fasten down into a sort of wrench.

Whether it’s pulling wires off a battery terminal to polish the connections or grabbing a bolt or nut. Best all purpose thing around.
All you ever need to fix ANYTHING is duct tape and WD-40.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Solid recommendation. I have an emergency kit but it's from Amazon and I'm not entirely sure it'll do much of anything if needed. Vice grip sure it's a good recommendation though.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Solid recommendation. I have an emergency kit but it's from Amazon and I'm not entirely sure it'll do much of anything if needed. Vice grip sure it's a good recommendation though.
I keep a Leatherman in each car. The tool kinda sucks for most things, but at least you can get it done.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
The formula of life

Shouldn't move but does: Duct tape
Should move but doesn't: WD-40

DuctTape.WD-40.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.