OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVII: The sNOwstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Good thing I have a freezer full of venison...deer and some moose.

What do you do with moose? Grind it or steaks? Interested in trying different types of animal. I see Joe Rogan eating a lot of elk and it looks good I'd imagine it's similar. I've had venison but didn't like the way it was prepared I think.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What do you do with moose? Grind it or steaks? Interested in trying different types of animal. I see Joe Rogan eating a lot of elk and it looks good I'd imagine it's similar. I've had venison but didn't like the way it was prepared I think.
Elk is excellent. Maybe my favorite game meat. Moose is similar but in my experience is a tad bit more ganey.

The moose I have is all steaks. The deer is everything...cutlets, chop meat, stew meat. Deer meat varies a lot... really depends on what they are eating in my opinion.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Really? I'd love that but don't think I could ever not have one at this point. What made you stay away from them? So many questions lol

i guess i didnt like the idea of being reachable when im not home …i had one for a few years (work gave me one, i didnt want it….they said you need it for the job) …..i also used it for non work stuff but so many mundane texts from people about 'whatever' …….

….for generations upon generations people didnt need cell phones to go about their daily lives now people cant go 5 minutes without them and freak out if theyve "lost my phone"

…i guess im (sort of) old school…….i do have internet but no cell and no social media (…does hf count?) :laugh:

besides……its much more enjoyable canoeing knowing youre in the middle of wherever and free of the rest of the world

Reactions: tr83

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Elk is excellent. Maybe my favorite game meat. Moose is similar but in my experience is a tad bit more ganey.

The moose I have is all steaks. The deer is everything...cutlets, chop meat, stew meat. Deer meat varies a lot... really depends on what they are eating in my opinion.

never had elk, its lean right?…..

is it easy to prepare with out a dry texture?

but i have heard good things about it in general

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
i guess i didnt like the idea of being reachable when im not home …i had one for a few years (work gave me one, i didnt want it….they said you need it for the job) …..i also used it for non work stuff but so many mundane texts from people about 'whatever' …….

….for generations upon generations people didnt need cell phones to go about their daily lives now people cant go 5 minutes without them and freak out if theyve "lost my phone"

…i guess im (sort of) old school…….i do have internet but no cell and no social media (…does hf count?) :laugh:

besides……its much more enjoyable canoeing knowing youre in the middle of wherever and free of the rest of the world

Very interesting

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Best thing about moose is their hair

Tall and body is moose hair :)

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
OK, so I'm going over my credit card charges and see a transaction for TM Ultimate Fighting. Really? I've never attended any UFC event, so I call and report a fraudulent charge. The card is cancelled and a new one will be issued. Sounds good. After I get off the phone, I think to check my TM account and guess what I find. A charge for the exact amount on the same day - but it was for the MikeyStrong game on March 22nd. WTF? How the hell does MikeyStrong equate to Ultimate Fighting? Now I have to call back after receiving my new card and ask to have the charge reapplied. SMH.

Camille the Eel

The thing about almost all game is it’s super lean. Very little fat. Moose is so lean that it actually lacks nutrients if one tries to survive on it as a unique protein source. Native Americans dipped the meat into beaver, raccoon or bear fat in order to live on it. Even today in Maine where there’s a lottery system for permits to hunt moose in late August to early September, it’s common to add a little bacon or even lardons of salt pork to a roast.

Venison in my experience varies hugely with the age and gender of the critter. Nothing more grizzly than an old buck.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The Beatles are obviously amazing, but I'm not a huge fan per se.

But I've been listening to various studio out takes on youtube for the last week or so. So freaking good.

A for instance.

Reactions: tr83

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The Beatles are obviously amazing, but I'm not a huge fan per se.

But I've been listening to various studio out takes on youtube for the last week or so. So freaking good.

A for instance.

I have started so many fights over the beetles... I usually start by saying, "in history of the world nothing has ever been more overrated than the beetles."

Then I move to "boy band"

Then rippoff artist while listening everything they copied...

Right about then I have had people threaten me...

I love it...freaking 60's Back Street Boys.

Reactions: None Shall Pass

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I have start so many fights over the beetles... I usually start by saying, "in history of the world nothing has ever been more overrated than the beetles."

Stop.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
So why did I get the Caroline Hurricane trophy at 1700 likes? What's the significance there?

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
So why did I get the Caroline Hurricane trophy at 1700 likes? What's the significance there?

when the format on HF changed i think the clowns on their forum started some idiotic thing where everybody "likes" everybody else's posts regardless of the content and they all end up with absurdly high like counts….:help:

……quite fitting i'd say for fans of a team that did the just as idiotic and moronic "storm surge" garbage

…….you should contact a canes mod and tell them you do not accept the "trophy" :laugh:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I have started so many fights over the beetles... I usually start by saying, "in history of the world nothing has ever been more overrated than the beetles."

"no elvis, beatles or the rolling stones…in 1977"

….but, cmon ...you have to admit…..the beatles were good

i do like the idea of rousing people up with an argument to get them going though

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't like the Beatles either.

Helter Skelter is a really good song though. If they did more songs like that, I'd probably love them.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I'm not a big Beatles fan, but I recognize that the sound they created was trailblazing.

Some of the Beatles early stuff is boy band-ish: She Loves You, Hold Your Hand, etc.

But the later stuff is incredible: Helter Skelter, Come Together, Penny Lane, Let It Be, etc.

Here Comes the Sun is my favorite Beatles song.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

Replace the Beatles with Led Zeppelin and you'd be correct without even scratching the surface.

But on its face you seem to hold a pretty scorching take on Lennon and Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->