OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVII: The sNOwstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
The Midwest is getting absolutely destroyed by flooding. Tons of livestock and agriculture just gone. Food prices are going to skyrocket in a few months.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Then they shouldn't be cops.

You expect absolute perfection from all police officers all the time?

There are 195 countries in the world. The Unites States police forces as a whole are among the best on earth and consistently ranked in the top 5 or 10

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
You expect absolute perfection from all police officers all the time?

Ideally. Being a cop in America is, quite frankly, one of the most powerful jobs an average person can get. Your average cop can save lives or ruin them depending on what they do. Regular people cower in your presence. They have the strongest unions in America, and lots of culture worship as well. (Every other primetime TV show is a cop show). They are politically favored as well. Our bar of standards we expect police to behave at should be a lot higher than it is.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The Midwest is getting absolutely destroyed by flooding. Tons of livestock and agriculture just gone. Food prices are going to skyrocket in a few months.

I just got back from Missouri. Was there on business. Everything is flooded everywhere. As soon as my plane landed I had flood warnings popping up on my phone

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I just got back from Missouri. Was there on business. Everything is flooded everywhere. As soon as my plane landed I had flood warnings popping up on my phone

Acres and acres of farmland just completely demolished. Crazy that there's so much destruction but the media isn't even really covering it. It's all going to hit us in a big way sooner than later. They said they've already lost a million calves due to flooding. It's nuts.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's not a bltch to clean? I like how with pea size gravel I can suck it up and really move it around and get all the nasty stuff out when I do 50% water changes.

Nope. It's heavy enough that it won't get sucked up in a gravel vac. Also with proper flow and enough plant coverage, it's not a concern anyway. The plan is to have 100% of the sand covered with plants. Its about 85% covered currently.

If anything I have trouble keeping enough nutrients in the tank. I'm dosing nitrate, phosphate, potassium and a micro nutrient mix 3 times a week. I'm likely going to have to up the dosages soon.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
First golf round of the season in unexpectedly windy conditions on a fairly tough course. Shot an 86. Not bad, but I made some stupid mistakes. I think I three putted 2 or 3 greens. That's infuriating.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I really have no idea what the need is to get a new phone every year or so, it's just insane to me to spend that amount of cash, I'll never get it, it's ****ing ******ed, it's a phone FFS. I still have my old 5C iPhone that was 99 bucks lol. It's going on five years and it still works fine, probably cause I never updated it once it and it didn't get throttled or ****ed with any updates lol. I'm thinking of going back to flip phone if I can find a decent one.

i dont have a cell phone…..its better that way

Reactions: JK3

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Apparently some really bad fires in the Pine Barrens today, a good portion of the state can smell it even over 60+ miles away.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
First golf round of the season in unexpectedly windy conditions on a fairly tough course. Shot an 86. Not bad, but I made some stupid mistakes. I think I three putted 2 or 3 greens. That's infuriating.

Same here. Shot an 89 on a bay side course. It was windy as hell. Had a few three putts and shots into water, which sucked, but its early.

It was so windy on one par 3 I shot it perfect with 2 clubs up and it started coming backwards from the wind and landed about 30 feet in front of the green lol

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Same here. Shot an 89 on a bay side course. It was windy as hell. Had a few three putts and shots into water, which sucked, but its early.

It was so windy on one par 3 I shot it perfect with 2 clubs up and it started coming backwards from the wind and landed about 30 feet in front of the green lol

I had the same thing happen. Short par 3, wind straight in the face. The hole was 142 if I remember correctly. I clubbed all the way up to an 8 iron and ended up just short. The wind just absolutely killed it.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Really? I'd love that but don't think I could ever not have one at this point. What made you stay away from them? So many questions lol

I actually wouldn't mind this, but because of work, I can't not have a phone.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I love going away on a cruise and not having any cell service for a week. Getting away from my phone is very relaxing, until I have to check my 2000 emails when I get back lol

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Acres and acres of farmland just completely demolished. Crazy that there's so much destruction but the media isn't even really covering it. It's all going to hit us in a big way sooner than later. They said they've already lost a million calves due to flooding. It's nuts.
It's been front page news in the times several times, today included. As for (some) other outlets, there have been so many unfortunate events in the last few weeks that I can understand the logic behind running with massive death tolls instead of lost soy and expensive beef.

Not to undermine any of the the tragedy those people have faced, but it is what it is.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

I remember the flood of '94 being a once in a hundred year flood. They've had at least 3 of these kind of floods since.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I remember the flood of '94 being a once in a hundred year flood. They've had at least 3 of these kind of floods since.

Exactly and they're expected to keep getting hammered for another few weeks if not months. It's a bad thing for that entire industry and it'll be felt by all consumers sooner or later. People are even suggesting stocking up on beef now before they're trying to play catch up.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Exactly and they're expected to keep getting hammered for another few weeks if not months. It's a bad thing for that entire industry and it'll be felt by all consumers sooner or later. People are even suggesting stocking up on beef now before they're trying to play catch up.
Good thing I have a freezer full of venison...deer and some moose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billdo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad