OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVII: The sNOwstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Gothamist being so very Gothamist.

They were actually late to report it initially. I was following it on Twitter and Citizen for a while before Gothamist even noted it. The police and emergency services were even warning people away from the area. Road was shut down.

Then the bomb squad came and were like, nope just an anchor.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
So did i. Driving from the middle of a bench seat and working peddles with your left foot is a mind ****.

i learned to use both feet on the pedals….(i dont use it always, works well on ripping through a roundabout and cornering)

look up "scandinavian flick" and left foot braking

(and ya, ive left my windows open overnight in the rain too…nothing a garbage bag and a towel cant fix to get you where you need to go)

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Just saw a bluebird sitting on top of one of my bluebird boxes, that's my unofficial first sign of spring.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Tough fishing...wind blew 20+ every day, rained two out of three days.... not the entire days though.

1 tarpon, 1 jack, 2 lemon sharks 4 barracuda in 3 days...the drinking was good though.

50 lb tarpon on my first cast on the first day was probably a bad sign.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This is the most beautiful golf club I've ever seen:

titleist-vokey-sm7-jet-black-limited-edition-all-black-wedge-62b.jpg

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
It wont grab the huge headlines the celebrity actresses did, but one of the guys implicated in this, "pay big $$$$ to get my unimpressive kid into a great college" scam, runs a fund that focuses on environmentally friendly investments, social justice investments, and investments to advance economic equality.

That's just so flipping perfect. :biglaugh:
society loves pretending like it's not hypocritic when it comes to personal matters. definitely find that kind of stuff funny as well

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
It wont grab the huge headlines the celebrity actresses did, but one of the guys implicated in this, "pay big $$$$ to get my unimpressive kid into a great college" scam, runs a fund that focuses on environmentally friendly investments, social justice investments, and investments to advance economic equality.

That's just so flipping perfect. :biglaugh:

These are the same types who don't believe in testing or grades. Gee, I wonder why.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
These are the same types who don't believe in testing or grades.

Already happening right here in New Jersey.

My wife is a teacher and is "not allowed" to give a failing test score. Kids gets to keep retaking tests until they pass. Kids cant be give a 0 if they dont do their homework, gets a chance to turn it in "late" with no punishment in score.

But hey, it really helps NJ get rated as having some of the best performing grades by students & the $$$$ keeps raining in yo! All dat matters in that teaching game.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

My wife is a teacher and is "not allowed" to give a failing test score. Kids gets to keep retaking tests until they pass. Kids cant be give a 0 if they dont do their homework, gets a chance to turn it in "late" with no punishment in score.

But hey, it really helps NJ get rated as having some of the best performing grades by students & the $$$$ keeps raining in yo! All dat matters in that teaching game.
Not allowed to give a kid a failing score? Sorry, but I'm going to need a link to that.

Also, NJ ranks 3rd in the nation for residents with a BA or higher. So yeah, you people are doing something right unless Rutgers, Rowan, Montclair, Princeton, Kean, Stevens, and Seton Hall have started giving out participation awards I'm unaware of.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
society loves pretending like it's not hypocritic when it comes to personal matters. definitely find that kind of stuff funny as well
The issue is vastly more convoluted than that.

I'm aware of few families who don't skirt the rules or use the system that's already in place to their advantage when it comes to the benefit of their children. I don't care if we're talking about the plumber or the hedge fund dude whose toilet he's fixing.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

Well then, these must all be very recent developments, as in *within* the last ten years. :eyeroll:

I must have tried *way* too hard during my K-12 years. :sarcasm:

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

That's a principal and superintendent who have zero backbone

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I have the 56 and 60 and they are fantastic.

Definitely recommend

My only worry is that I'll never use them out of the bunker for fear of marking them up. I may do a 50 and a 56 and keep my Cleveland 60 for bunker shots.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I just saw a meme on Instagram of NY Governor Cuomo with his hands raised over his head in victory and it was captioned : "U-Hauls top salesman 4 years in a row"

Made me think of this thread and @BenedictGomez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad