Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
My last seven Amazon purchases:

Scarf for a Christmas gift, Shenmue I and II for PS4, screen protectors for my mom's new iPad, Oakley sunglasses, screen protectors for my dad's iPhone, NOCO battery corrosion inhibitor, LED headlight bulbs.

Where else do you get a good price on such a diverse array of bull****?

**** you, Jeff.

Do you have an Amazon Prime credit card? I use mine for all purchases and rack up the points, especially when buying from Amazon --- 5 points for every dollar spent on Amazon.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Do you have an Amazon Prime credit card? I use mine for all purchases and rack up the points, especially when buying from Amazon --- 5 points for every dollar spent on Amazon.

No way. That is a slippery slope I want nothing to do with. :laugh:

Although Discover it, which is the first credit card I ever applied for (of course I have a Devils logo NHL card) and I avoid interest like the plague so I'm a bit sentimental about keeping it, offers 5% cash back on Amazon purchases at least one quarter a year and it tends to be Q4 when holiday shopping season is in full swing. Just this past year my dad wanted to get my mom a new iPad, so I told him to give me cash (like any old-school Italian-Jerseyan making a big purchase :laugh:) and I got the cash back. :nod:

Amazon also built in Discover cash back redemption into their checkout process if a Discover card is selected, which is awesome because the 5% cash back on gas I'll be getting next quarter can all go straight to an Amazon purchase. I would say in terms of Amazon benefits and integration, it's one rung below the Prime card.

Reactions: None Shall Pass

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I used H&R Block to do my taxes this year, and if I agreed to take the full sum in an AMZN gift card instead of cash from Uncle Sam, they'd give me a 5% bonus. Didn't take it. But AMZN is even in the tax refund game.

Reactions: Davegarri

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know.

I don't WANT to know.

If you find out, please don't tell me.
I think I know where you're going, which is what I was hoping did not happen.

I don't know what I'd do if I won a cow. I have no room for one haha. I think I would donate it to one of those hare krishna cow protection farms, where they won't kill it or use it for food.

Reactions: New Jersey

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I used H&R Block to do my taxes this year, and if I agreed to take the full sum in an AMZN gift card instead of cash from Uncle Sam, they'd give me a 5% bonus. Didn't take it. But AMZN is even in the tax refund game.

I was talking about this with a co-worker. How do they even get that type of deal? Like why Amazon? What if I wanted my return for a gift card to EBay, Bass Pro, Delilah's Den? Amazon is like a virus that goes around consuming and destroying everything in its path, but I like Amazon.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn

I bought Turbo Tax off Amazon this year and they gave me a $10 Amazon gift card.

This is getting weird.

Reactions: New Jersey

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
2GusVd5

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Favorite football coaching clinic of the year is this weekend. So many great coaches from college and NFL teams. Im so pumped

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't know.

I don't WANT to know.

If you find out, please don't tell me.

There's only so many things you can do with a cow. But yeah what cheap ****** the NHL was. You gotta be a farmer to want a cow at most, I'm not sure most of their Canadian born players were farmers.

That's almost as cheap as the big-time golfer (Kuchar) who stiffed a part-time caddy on a lucrative tip after winning a $1.3 million tournament.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
There's only so many things you can do with a cow. But yeah what cheap ****** the NHL was. You gotta be a farmer to want a cow at most, I'm not sure most of their Canadian born players were farmers.

That's almost as cheap as the big-time golfer (Kuchar) who stiffed a part-time caddy on a lucrative tip after winning a $1.3 million tournament.
At least the bovine has comedic value.

I'm more concerned about the unironic suit and the wood paneling.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

I was talking about this with a co-worker. How do they even get that type of deal? Like why Amazon? What if I wanted my return for a gift card to EBay, Bass Pro, Delilah's Den? Amazon is like a virus that goes around consuming and destroying everything in its path, but I like Amazon.

It was happening already but Amazon truly killing big box retailers. To the point where the biggest big boxer Walmart had to offer free 2 day shipping to try and compete. What most people don’t realize, is to do this, Walmart cut nearly 40% of their management positions company wide. Within a few months from now they are making another cut of around another 30%. Not saying anything is wrong with it but I found interesting how Walmart’s trying to compete with big boy Amazon is basically slowly killing its employees from the inside. If Amazon can take down Walmart there is no stopping them.

And boy oh boy do I love me some Amazon.

Reactions: Billdo

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
It was happening already but Amazon truly killing big box retailers. To the point where the biggest big boxer Walmart had to offer free 2 day shipping to try and compete. What most people don’t realize, is to do this, Walmart cut nearly 40% of their management positions company wide. Within a few months from now they are making another cut of around another 30%. Not saying anything is wrong with it but I found interesting how Walmart’s trying to compete with big boy Amazon is basically slowly killing its employees from the inside. If Amazon can take down Walmart there is no stopping them.

Walmart killed a ton of other businesses too.

Reactions: Darkauron

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Absolutely. Walmart almost single handily killed mom and pop shops across the nation. As soon as they decided to build in a certain town, lots of those towns fought them moving in because of knowing how many businesses they would kill. Now they are dealing with the online beast and I don’t see how they can compete long term with how things are trending. We actually had the first mall in a really long time open up about 40 minutes from me and it’s somehow thriving while most other malls are dissapearing or losing stores left and right. It’s sad and interesting all the same.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Walmart and Amazon are morphing into each other when it comes to shopping. Walmart is aggressively adding to their online strength and Amazon is adding grocery and in-person shopping.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Puh-leeze.

First of all, Kuchar didnt "stiff" him, they had a prearranged agreemen for how much the caddy was going to be paid to carry the bag those those 4 days. What place he came in is irrelevant to the story, entirely.

Only once Kuchar WON the event (his first win in years) did the caddy say it wasnt enough, as if he should be entitled to one extra cent (he shouldnt). Do you think if Kuchar missed the cut the caddy would have said, no problem, you dont have to pay me since you're losing money on this week? Yeah, I think not.

All this is it yet another example of either entitlement mentality and/or blackmail, or both, take your pick. And sadly, it worked, because Kuchar is now going to pay this jackazz the $50,000 ransom he's demanding.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I always liked malls. Good for junk food and people watching / teenage flirting (When I was a teenager). Also, there was always like three or four music shops and you spend a few hours just looking for albums from bands that weren't super popular.

The internet sorta killed that aspect of it. Outlet malls are still fun though.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I always liked malls. Good for junk food and people watching / teenage flirting (When I was a teenager). Also, there was always like three or four music shops and you spend a few hours just looking for albums from bands that weren't super popular.

The internet sorta killed that aspect of it. Outlet malls are still fun though.

The internet also helped put the nail in the coffin that was already on its way for one of my favorite reasons as a kid to visit the mall..... the Arcade.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
The internet also helped put the nail in the coffin that was already on its way for one of my favorite reasons as a kid to visit the mall..... the Arcade.

I still try and find, and go to, arcades. I love them so much.

At one point in my life, I had the high score on the Galaga machine at three different bars in NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->