OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVI: Sitting in the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
What is the % of Jews in the country and drill down further, the % of Jews who are Hasidim?

Both have to be really low overall, let people be and let them do their own thing if they are not harming anyone.
And they are not.

Same goes for the Amish and other minority religious sects across the country that mostly keep to themselves .

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Personally my favorite comedy bit about being Jewish was the old David Cross standup bit, where he says you technically can’t be an atheist as a Jew, and ends with a rabbi asking if his mother’s vagina is Jewish. Also the whole part of suburban Atlanta moms being completely ignorant about it.
A Chinese guy and a Jewish guy are talking. The Jewish guy goes "I can't stand you guys since you bombed Pearl Harbor". The Chinese guy replies "It was the Japanese that bombed Pearl Harbor", to which the Jewish guy replies "Chinese, Japanese, what's the difference?".

The Chinese guy then says "Well I can't stand you Jewish people since you sank the Titanic". The Jewish guy asks "What are you talking about? The Titanic was sank by an iceberg".

The Chinese guy replies "Iceberg, Goldberg, what's the difference?"

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
My wife got freaked out. She said go and check if everything is alright and I just laughed at her

I've been through tornadoes in FL before, I take em' seriously. If you hear something that starts to sound like an approaching freight train, that's a tornado.

Penny size hail's been observed too, hope that doesnt come here.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I've been through tornadoes in FL before, I take em' seriously. If you hear something that starts to sound like an approaching freight train, that's a tornado.

Yeah but what the hell am I going to check?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Has the winds and rain picked up ?

I've had heavy rain all night, just got heavier but I'm more North of you

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Yeah but what the hell am I going to check?

Radar indicating there may have been a tornado in Bucks County. If it happened where nobody lives it may take a while for them to confirm. But that's why if it's a "watch", you probably dont have anything to worry about, if it's a "warning", which is what tonight was and is a MUCH rarer occurrence, you need to pay attention as it means they either visually confirmed a tornado or the radar believes there's a tornado.

Reactions: Aethon

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's raining as hard as it can right now. DirecTV going in & out. The Horror.
I am debating whether or not get up at 4:00 to go in the woods. My cams have been heating up the this week.

But it's not looking good.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

And I've eaten duck hearts and horse tartare. Tornadoes kill less people in NJ than frostbite does in Florida.

Sleep well, you'll need that energy for your flight to Toronto.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I am debating whether or not get up at 4:00 to go in the woods. My cams have been heating up the this week.

But it's not looking good.

If it was gun season (and you gun hunted) it would be fine, but the woods are going to be very wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad