OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVI: Sitting in the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
There are bad drivers everywhere. I've driven through almost every state in the country and Maryland and Florida have some of the absolute worst drivers I've ever encountered but overall it's scary how many bad drivers there are out there.

Holy shit, yes. I actually think they take the title of worst on the East Coast.

Every time I visit my sis in Arlington, VA I always see some baffling shit on the Beltway before crossing the Potomac.

As for Florida, my buddy who relocated to the Tampa Bay area from my town corroborated the stereotypes on the way to his place from picking me up at the airport.

"Dude, so are they really that bad on the roads down here?"

[paraphrasing slightly] "Holy shit, man, no one has a f***ing clue. I'm fortunate to have learned how to drive in Jersey."

*dies laughing*

Reactions: Satans Hockey

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
There are bad drivers everywhere.

True, but my vote goes to Massachusetts as home of the worst drivers.

If I see a MA plate, I instantly go on-guard, as I just assume they're going to change lanes without signaling and conduct a myriad of stupid driving issues.

I dont understand why this is, but the driving there seems horrible, and my best friend (from Middleboro, MA) agrees with me.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
True, but my vote goes to Massachusetts as home of the worst drivers.

If I see a MA plate, I instantly go on-guard, as I just assume they're going to change lanes without signaling and conduct a myriad of stupid driving issues.

I dont understand why this is, but the driving there seems horrible, and my best friend (from Middleboro, MA) agrees with me.

Around my parts the worst drivers have NY plates.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
New York driver in NY: *drives normally*

New York driver immediately after crossing the state line into Jersey: "MRRRRAAAAHHHHH GET THE f*** OUT OF MY WAY BITCH NO TURN SIGNALS"

It's almost as if they drive more aggressively on purpose down here based on the stereotype that we New Jerseyans are free-wheeling and reckless at all times ourselves.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
New York driver in NY: *drives normally*

New York driver immediately after crossing the state line into Jersey: "MRRRRAAAAHHHHH GET THE **** OUT OF MY WAY ***** NO TURN SIGNALS"

It's almost as if they drive more aggressively on purpose down here based on the stereotype that we New Jerseyans are free-wheeling and reckless at all times ourselves.

They think driving 50 mph in the left lane on Routes 80/287/78 is fine

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
The worst drivers in America are always from the next state over. When I lived in Wisconsin, it was Illinois drivers. When I lived in Illinois it was those darned Indiana drivers. In Minnesota? Wisconsin drivers. In New Hampshire, Vermont drivers.

Reactions: New Jersey

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
NY drivers from NYC cannot drive on highways. They are by far the worst highway drivers in the entire northeast.

But to be honest, everyone sucks at driving.

Except me, of course. :sarcasm:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think the only thing that gets me is when I see NY or NJ plates here driving like you have to in the city. It's not the city. Waiting for the next light cycle isn't going to take 10 minutes. Someone isn't going to jump in from of you if you leave half a car length between you and the guy in front of you. There is just generally much less reason to get so damn pissed off. You're only making to commute take longer. I get that in areas of exceptionally high congestion like NYC and many places in NJ you have to drive with a lot of aggression because you won't get anywhere otherwise. You don't have to do that here.

I agree with the sentiment that every state has bad drivers. It's always the next state over that is the worst. Though I'm convinced it's Connecticut drivers that are the worst.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I made meatloaf tacos tonight.

Meatloaf, a strip of bacon, barbeque sauce and a little siracha in a tortilla....not bad.

Reactions: New Jersey

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Question for the NJ parents here.

My wife is a teacher, and whenever there's a snowfall the kids are not allowed outside for recess. This is 100% different from when I was a kid, but, whatever......

Today, however, after that massive 3/4 of 1 inch snowfall we had, the kids were not allowed to go outside and play for recess.

My question is, is this actually a thing now where you cant play outside with ANY snow, or is my wife's school bat**** insane?

EDIT: This school is in western Hunterdon County, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->