OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVI: Sitting in the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn

• No snow, just rain.
Of course, a 50 mile eastern shift could be 6 to 8 inches. There's going to be very tight gradients on the eastern edges of this storm, and by "edge", I mean 50 or 60 miles. That's the one thing all the models agree on. This one (the European) shows more snow that the others.

Aw bummer. Thanks man!

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Yeah so I gotta fly into Newark on Saturday night. Hope this thing is a dud...

Unanimous model agreement 72 hours out.

It's a go.

We may not get a ton of snow here, but the odds of it screwing up a ton of domestic flights all over the place is high.

EDIT: Just after I mention unanimous model agreement, the newest one of them (UK) comes out colder south, which would dump 10" on us. That said, it's currently on an island versus the other 3 models, so.....

EDIT2: The European model is out and it has shifted SE too, all of a sudden this now bears watching for NJ.

Last edited:

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
First day of my mother's chemo treatments just happened. Two more this week, another 3-4 weeks to go I believe. Gonna be a rough few months.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
First day of my mother's chemo treatments just happened. Two more this week, another 3-4 weeks to go I believe. Gonna be a rough few months.

best to ya……

my mother just finished her big treatments in december……still has follow up minor ones but the majority is over……its been a year and shes doing great and grown her hair back albeit a buzz cut look :DD

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Driving down to my old neighborhood in Middlesex County Friday evening/night to hang out with friends this weekend, and we're going to a game. Well, if they all make it. I read some weather maps and reports and some dude's blog on reddit and he claims he writes for a radio station but what are we looking at for Saturday evening in like Old Bridge's area? I see a lot of...different...reports and one looks like full apocalypse mode.

I am not scared of driving in it so much as I am worried about the volume on roads. I figure so long as it's under a food for Central NJ it'll be fine but still. Buffalo's gonna be pounded so at least I'm not there this weekend.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It's not likely snow you'd have to worry about; it may start as snow, then change to an ice storm, and then eventually heavy rain. But after it clears out the temps will drop on Sunday, and that could be ugly.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Looking more like 8 to 12 inches for us, with rain Sunday morning. That sucks, but I have to go into work for afew hours Sunday morning now, so I guess it's not the worst thing in the world. Still wish it would be all snow, though.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
It's not likely snow you'd have to worry about; it may start as snow, then change to an ice storm, and then eventually heavy rain. But after it clears out the temps will drop on Sunday, and that could be ugly.
I am a little concerned with that. Living where I do now it's usually 0-20 during the day but that much wetness could be really crappy. My plan is to get out Sunday AM (probably out of my mind but hey) hopefully before everything freezes over

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

Good luck to her and your family. As another who has unfortunately gone through similar with several close to me, at times it might be tough for her to want to use any energy at all, but if she is feeling up to it, try to keep her as occupied as you can with the energy that she has. There will be light at the end! :)

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Attending the Seton Hall game Saturday night, if the weather's bad I'm banking on the roads being largely empty on the way back from the game at 10:30-11:00 pm.

After that ordeal in November, I'm confident in *myself,* not so much in other people. The Ford F-150 that was literally two feet from my rear bumper for absolutely no reason for a mile on the Turnpike as we were inching forward in the snow was one of those, "f*** yeah, dude. Hit me. It'll be 110% your fault."

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
TWC is putting out the weather equivalent of "Fake News", making this storm (which is significant) out to be even worse than reality, with 30" and 35" snow areas in places where I promise you they know are not going to get more than 14" to 18" of snow.

Ever since they were purchased by NBC their mission has been to create hysteria in the general public, which fuels increased ratings, increased web hits, and with it, the important part, increased advertising and marketing revenue.

Reactions: Davegarri

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
TWC is putting out the weather equivalent of "Fake News", making this storm (which is significant) out to be even worse than reality, with 30" and 35" snow areas in places where I promise you they know are not going to get more than 14" to 18" of snow.

Ever since they were purchased by NBC their mission has been to create hysteria in the general public, which fuels increased ratings, increased web hits, and with it, the important part, increased advertising and marketing revenue.
It actually even gets worse in February. I was told directly by a vice president of NBC never to trust the weather reports in Sweeps months (Feb, May, July, Nov) cause they exaggerate things to get ratings.

Reactions: BenedictGomez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad