OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVI: Sitting in the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Killinger

Sep 25, 2006
Roanoke, VA
In my experience, weed doesn't lead to harder drugs. Boredom and a really crappy circle of "friends" lead to harder drugs.
All weed ever led to for me was junk food and a great night's sleep. Never did stupid crap like when I would drink.
Can't understand that guy "freaking out" over 60 mg of edibles either. I won't even bother with edibles under 100 mg.

Reactions: New Jersey

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
well, i liked this, knowing full well i still live at home rent-free.

student loans is expensive guy. helps to have parents who won't take rent money on the condition you double-pay your loans every month.
Living at home doesn't have to mean support...

I am certainly not trying to chastise anyone... and I have no room to criticize.

I lived at home until I went college... I live in Boston for 7 years. 5 of those 7 years were almost totally paid for by my wife's father..

I finally came back to New Jersey for a job and I lived at home for another 2+ years... I got married and was living at home...lol.

In hindsight it was the best decision I ever made...my Mom came down with cancer 3 years after I moved out...she died 8 years later...So I always look back to that time when we were all living under the same roof as one of the happiest times of my life.

If I could go back to that today I would in a second :)

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
imagine complaining about the home delivery of your legal weed lol. meanwhile i’m drier than a camel’s *******
People still go dry unintentionally in 2019?

Not being a d**k, I'm genuinely curious as there's more weed on the streets now than there was in the early 90's. Hell, you're probably less likely to get in trouble for smoking a joint than drinking a beer in the park.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

Not being a d**k, I'm genuinely curious as there's more weed on the streets now than there was in the early 90's. Hell, you're probably less likely to get in trouble for smoking a joint than drinking a beer in the park.

Mids are *everywhere.*

Still gotta put some effort in for that good-good.

Prohibition literally doesn't work. Waste of two amendments.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Just turned 36 and I haven’t, either. Never smoked anything and drank a couple beers when I was 12-13.
Huh. Do you mind if I ask why?

Definitely not judging as I wish I had consumed less than I have in the last 20 years, but given that so much of our society revolves around booze you don't run in to people with a similar story too often.

No worries if it's a personal matter.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
What are cigs a gateway drug to, smoking joints?

What about booze? That one I'm not getting at all, there is no other common drinkable drug I'm aware of.
You can drink MDMA, mushrooms, lsd, and I'm sure a few others.

Not saying alcohol leads you to that per se, but if you're already predisposed to escaping reality and/or self medicating booze is certainly where most people start. After that it all depends on preference and what risks you're willing to take.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
You can drink MDMA, mushrooms, lsd, and I'm sure a few others..

three 6 mafia *literally* rapped about sippin' sizzurp.

and we're all familiar with our boi weezy

dspoopddpso.jpg

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Me personally... I wouldn't trust my 18 year old self with anything of importance.

You should have no rights while you are a dependent. IMO. If someone is feeding, clothing, providing shelters and taking care of all of your essential needs you are one step above a pet not an adult.
I trust intelligent 18 y/o's more than I do senior citizens when it comes to a wide array of issues.

Are you implying or outright stating that if you live at home you shouldn't be allowed to vote? That's very... colonial of you.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

it’ll be here tomorrow before 8 pm, according to the tracking lol. any ‘actual people’ i used to call upon, i’m not in touch with anymore. i’m too old for that

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
They weren't drafted into drinking.
Although I guess they could be genetically predisposed to alcoholism.
Not all soldiers were drafted either.

And depending on your genetic make up and the environment you were raised in you most certainly could essentially have been drafted in to drinking. There's also collateral damage as well, ie drunk drivers killing innocents.

Edit: as a matter of fact 'only' 25% of those who served in Vietnam were drafted. I point that out because I thought the number would have been much higher.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I trust intelligent 18 y/o's more than I do senior citizens when it comes to a wide array of issues.

This translates to: you "trust" people who ideologically view "a wide array of issues", the same as you do.

Personally, I trust intelligent people of all ages.

Either way, I'd still be in favor of either moving booze, pot, and guns down to 18, or moving voting and the draft up to 21.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
This translates to: you "trust" people who ideologically view "a wide array of issues", the same as you do.

Personally, I trust intelligent people of all ages.

Either way, I'd still be in favor of either moving booze, pot, and guns down to 18, or moving voting and the draft up to 21.
Fair enough, we mostly agree, and I'd throw driving in there as well. Although I'm much more inclined to moving everything down to 18. In every other industrialized nation that's the case - sometime lower - and I see no reason to not be on par with them.

You're either treated as an adult with full citizenship rights or you're not. Not to mention that the drinking age being 21 stops very few if any from imbibing before then.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
18 year old civilians don’t need handguns.

Cool thing about having a voluntary military is you can sign up to play with all the firearms you want as a teenager, if you’re into that.

I’d pick all ages being set to 21 in this scenario.

Reactions: MartyOwns
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad