OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
So this is close to home Locals did't have a clue.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) on their own initiative came to Lambertville today and it is our understanding that they arrested several people on various outstanding violations.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
So I had my physical today and weighed in at 249 pounds, which is both 20 pounds lighter than 4 months ago and the first time I've been below 250 since I was 16 years old (I'm 40 now). My secret: don't eat as much as I used to.

Congrats! Keep it up, it's amazing how much better you feel when you shed off weight. I used to weigh 235 and dropped 50 pounds within a year after graduating high school. Definitely felt better.

On the topic of fitness I'm kind of proud of myself tonight after clocking in unofficially at a 4.84 on the 40 and a 4.55 on the nfl shuttle. Not ground breaking or as good as it used to be, but it's nice to know I can still move after dealing with some injuries.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So this is close to home Locals did't have a clue.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) on their own initiative came to Lambertville today and it is our understanding that they arrested several people on various outstanding violations.

That's awesome if true, Lambertville is an "in your face" bastion of "protected" illegal alien lawlessness, so I'd welcome some law-and-order being restored there.

In the last 5 or so years there have been some pretty horrible crimes committed in Lambertville by illegal aliens, and in case folks arent aware, "crime" is a pretty rare thing in Hunterdon County.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
thanks everyone.

i really appreciate your support and will reach out and talk if i need too.

im not even working for the company i was with for 9 years anymore and am just doing anything for my mom and taking my life into less stress and more enjoyment.

…as much i can 'enjoy' at this time

cheers.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
i dont second guess it at all

You can always get another job, but you can never make up lost time especially spent with those close to you and in the end, that time spent is what you will remember most rather than that period of time you otherwise would have spent doing the same thing everyday at your job.

Sorry to see you going through these times and as cliche as this sounds, having gone through similar with close family over more recent years, it is easy to take for granted until you actually go through it, but take as much advantage as you can with this time you are able to spend with those close to you going through tough times. That, as I was saying above, is what you will remember and be able to fondly look back on.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
ICE is a piece of ****. Really can't stand them

Several members of my better half's family work for ICE, so I have some familiarity with what they actually do, and I can assure you that you have absolutely no idea all the hard work and things that branch does to protect this nation from some truly awful dangerous things, or you wouldn't have made such an ignorant comment.

Alternatively, given it was deep on a Friday night, perhaps you were just drunk posting.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
You can always get another job, but you can never make up lost time especially spent with those close to you and in the end, that time spent is what you will remember most rather than that period of time you otherwise would have spent doing the same thing everyday at your job.

Well said.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Ver
That's awesome if true, Lambertville is an "in your face" bastion of "protected" illegal alien lawlessness, so I'd welcome some law-and-order being restored there.

In the last 5 or so years there have been some pretty horrible crimes committed in Lambertville by illegal aliens, and in case folks arent aware, "crime" is a pretty rare thing in Hunterdon County.
Very Welcome. The town between Lambertville and New Hope has increased a great deal.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
holy **** the last 3 months…..and it just got worse….

my mom got diagnosed with breast cancer at 65 in january and went into surgery mid february…..she is soon to begin her chemo treatments…..

3 weeks ago (march 22) my dad went into the hospital with pneumonia and high fever…did tests, MRI and found a tumor on his femur, stabilized him and sent him home 4 days later

he was back in another 4 days by ambulance bue to feeling very ill….. the previous tests showed the cancer in leg has spread to his pancreas …..

he died 3 days ago with my mom, myself, my brother, my sister and my dad's sister all around him

he was only 65

im mess since it happened….

could barely watch last nights game, thought it would do me some good but just couldnt concentrate to absorb even a bit of what was happening, just staring blankly mostly

So sorry, cannot imagine what you’re going through. Stay positive.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Was watching some Youtube videos tonight, and now Youtube is putting advertisements in the MIDDLE of the videos in addition to just at the beginning. WTH did this start?

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Was watching some Youtube videos tonight, and now Youtube is putting advertisements in the MIDDLE of the videos in addition to just at the beginning. WTH did this start?

I think they've done that for a while if the video is long. How long was the video you were watching?

Reactions: Darkauron

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I think they've done that for a while if the video is long. How long was the video you were watching?

The first one was about 3 minutes, the second one was about 11 minutes. And these werent high-profile vids with 3,000,000 likes, they were reviews of a hydraulic floor jack I was considering purchasing, with less than 100 likes, so it seems they're doing it for everything now.

Last edited:

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
The first one was about 3 minutes, the second one was about 11 minutes. And these were high-profile vids with 3,000,000 likes, they were reviews of a hydraulic floor jack I was considering purchasing, with less than 100 likes, so it seems they're doing it for everything now.

Weird, the three minute one is surprising, but I am not shocked at there being ads in the 11 minute video.

I'm sure they're going to pump ads into everything soon, it's inevitable. Then they'll sell their $5 per month premium ad free package.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I just got back from a dude's weekend in the Hudson Valley. Toured two distilleries, two breweries, and a winery. Found a gin I like (First ever) and a vodka I like (First ever).

Drove longer than an hour for the first time in over a decade (2.5 hours each way) and didn't crash once! It was a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->