The Team & the Community [Positive]

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
I have given the team a lot of grief in this forum over the years for not reaching out across the rivier, but I have to give them credit here. They’re hosting MAHG (initiation) players from the Outaouais Hockey Association at the CTC today, including a chance for the little ones to play on the pro ice.

So thumbs up. Now go sign players to an extension.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
For those who don't know what MAHG is,

MAHG - Hockey Quebec

The Initiation sector of Hockey Québec is aimed towards the Pre-Novice and Novice divisions, which is to say that it is for players of 4 to 8 years old.
In order to teach the rudiments of hockey to these young children, the federation has developed a training program based on learning different technical skills and techniques, through lessons and play. This program is call “Méthode d’Apprentissage de Hockey sur Glace” and is made up of 4 teaching levels to accommodate all levels of hockey players 5 to 8 years old or younger.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I have given the team a lot of grief in this forum over the years for not reaching out across the rivier, but I have to give them credit here. They’re hosting MAHG (initiation) players from the Outaouais Hockey Association at the CTC today, including a chance for the little ones to play on the pro ice.

So thumbs up. Now go sign players to an extension.

I suspect everything ties to the owner's finances and vision or lack thereof, a proper owner would surely hire an experienced marketing team who would act swiftly in welcoming the Gatineau side to the fold, heaving marketing and promotion on the Quebec side of the NCR is a literal no brainer, thus we have not seen it done to date really at all from the current group.

Reactions: topshelf15

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I suspect everything ties to the owner's finances and vision or lack thereof, a proper owner would surely hire an experienced marketing team who would act swiftly in welcoming the Gatineau side to the fold, heaving marketing and promotion on the Quebec side of the NCR is a literal no brainer, thus we have not seen it done to date really at all from the current group.

Idk man...the population is right there but i think people are kidding themselves to varying degrees on the size of the opportunity.

First off it is historically die hard hab country and it has remained largely that way.

I dont want to get political but there also continues to be a french english divide that certainly drags on the extent of the opportunity

Subtract the habs fans, the not hockey fans people, and the divide and it usn't as big a market as perceived imo

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Idk man...the population is right there but i think people are kidding themselves to varying degrees on the size of the opportunity.

First off it is historically die hard hab country and it has remained largely that way.

I dont want to get political but there also continues to be a french english divide that certainly drags on the extent of the opportunity

Subtract the habs fans, the not hockey fans people, and the divide and it usn't as big a market as perceived imo

Everything you said is true but they have to look at it as a long term investment. Give folks a reason to follow your brand, you can't just throw up your hands and say it's too hard. The Habs haven't been good for a long time, it would be easy to convert some young ones to the Sens if the product is good and you are catering to them. No one will choose them considering the current state and not even trying to reach out to them. But it will be much easier once they're downtown.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Everything you said is true but they have to look at it as a long term investment. Give folks a reason to follow your brand, you can't just throw up your hands and say it's too hard. The Habs haven't been good for a long time, it would be easy to convert some young ones to the Sens if the product is good and you are catering to them. No one will choose them considering the current state and not even trying to reach out to them. But it will be much easier once they're downtown.

Montreal is THE francophone team. An arena at Lebreton won't change that.

I never really understood why people in Gatineau prefer to cheer for the snobs in MTL but I've travelled a lot, I don't put much stock in identity politics.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

I don't disagree with anything here, as mentioned above by CT I think the long term game could and would be successful with a quality product provided.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->