The TANK Thread

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I just remember jiving off of the catch phrases ‘suck for seth’ and ‘quit winnin for Mackinnon’. Most of the season it seemed like jones had to be the pick. His ties to Denver, the avs need at the position etc. then Mack went beast mode and forced the avs to make a tough decision. Still can’t believe jones slid to the predators.

Anders Cain

Formerly JordoMack
Jul 7, 2018
Nova Scotia
After looking at this thread I went thru some old trade rumor / speculation threads from back then... That was fun lol.

Mcginn and downie are near untouchable!

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I just remember jiving off of the catch phrases ‘suck for seth’ and ‘quit winnin for Mackinnon’. Most of the season it seemed like jones had to be the pick. His ties to Denver, the avs need at the position etc. then Mack went beast mode and forced the avs to make a tough decision. Still can’t believe jones slid to the predators.
"Suck d**k for Patrick". Pretty happy we didn't...

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I badly wanted Jones and MacKinnon that year.

I knew the Avs weren’t going to be able to get another top-2 pick, but I was really hoping they would trade some key pieces to make it happen. Ultimately I ended up hoping they would draft MacKinnon with the first pick because of his memorial cup performance, but I really wanted them to find a way to nab Jones too.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
"Suck d**k for Patrick". Pretty happy we didn't...

"It was thiiiis big!"

D30878a3cf287d9e3408d775925a15b0.jpg

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I badly wanted Jones and MacKinnon that year.

I knew the Avs weren’t going to be able to get another top-2 pick, but I was really hoping they would trade some key pieces to make it happen. Ultimately I ended up hoping they would draft MacKinnon with the first pick because of his memorial cup performance, but I really wanted them to find a way to nab Jones too.
I'd like to think had they let ROR go on that offer sheet, that would have been the 6th pick, but I doubt anyone would have traded down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad