GDT: The Take Home Ice Advantage Game|CBJ@Bruins|Game 2 Series 2|4-26-19|8:00 NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
If Wennberg goes in for Dzingel, he'll get eight or nine minutes of ice time and be invisible, just like most games for the last two years. I wouldn't be opposed to Robinson going in. He's physical, and offensively aggressive. This will be a big game for Oliver, Tex and Panarin. All three were somewhat manhandled last game so it will be interesting to see how they adjust. Boston won't change a thing. They'll come out and try to blitzkrieg the Jackets and hope Bob isn't as sharp tonight. CBJ can't be playing catch-up all night.
P.S. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if PLD makes his presence known tonight as well.

Last edited:

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Wennberg's version of defense is to stay 10 feet off the puck carrier and swat his stick around in the passing lanes. Too far away to put pressure on the guy and too close to react to the pass to intercept it. He looks like he just floats. Dz hasn't been great but I feel he still offers more than Pooh.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
If Wennberg goes in for Dzingel, he'll get eight or nine minutes of ice time and be invisible, just like most games for the last two years. I wouldn't be opposed to Robinson going in. He's physical, and offensively aggressive. This will be a big game for Oliver, Tex and Panarin. All three were somewhat manhandled last game so it will be interesting to see how they adjust. Boston won't change a thing. They'll come out and try to blitzkrieg the Jackets and hope Bob isn't as sharp tonight. CBJ can't be playing catch-up all night.
P.S. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if PLD makes his presence known tonight as well.

"offensively aggressive" in terms of point value or shots on goal? ... if point value, then absolutely not. 0 points in 14 career NHL games.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
So , I see Stupid Torts is back . Knew it was too good to be true . Wennberg for Dzingel . Should have seen it coming, Dzingel got 11 minutes last game . I won’t air dirty laundry but can tell you Dzingel isn’t a fan of Torts and his playing time since acquired . That will have a big affect on Duchene ... just sayin

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Also , I would mention they are 11-2 in the last 13, most with 3 defenseman out , and the forwards back checking like a mother . So , sure , pull out a 25g scorer , with great speed , for a player that refuses to shoot the puck . I haven’t seen yet, but please tell me Garikov is in tonight

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
"offensively aggressive" in terms of point value or shots on goal? ... if point value, then absolutely not. 0 points in 14 career NHL games.
You're right he hasn't scored yet and if he wants anything but a cup of coffee at the NHL level, that has to be corrected. But at least he tries. At least the guy is noticeable when he's on the ice.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
He'll bring his two goal scoring punch with him. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I hope that he took his benching personal and comes out a different player. We don't need his 2 goals but maybe he can be a setup guy and get the puck to guys who can score. Not expecting it though.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Keys to the game from my perspective:

1) Bob maintaining current form
2) Anderson and Panarin being bigger factors than game 1
3) Smart, low error defensive zone play
4) Marchand getting decapitated

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Keys to the game from my perspective:

1) Bob maintaining current form
2) Anderson and Panarin being bigger factors than game 1
3) Smart, low error defensive zone play
4) Marchand getting decapitated
4) is the most important simply in case we lose, I’ll still gain something from the game.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Sad my boy Dzingel won't be playing, but this shouldn't be make-or-break for the game. Bob being his usual self and Marchand's head-games not sucking anyone in should go a long way.

squarelaces

Aug 6, 2005
So , sure , pull out a 25g scorer , with great speed
He's scored 25 for us? I must have missed it. So a guy who isn't scoring and gets pulled out of the lineup and now he's going to be a cancer. Entitlement much? Alex got pulled, busted his hump in practice and gets another chance. Seems to me like that's a good teammate. You people are pitiful. Do you even like this team?

Reactions: CBJ AZ goalie

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Wennberg will be motivated in his usual way ---- to protect himself from injury. The team?? He could not care less.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Bob - 1 star
Alex - 2 star
Alex + Duchene duo will be stellar :thumbu:

Kill pessimism. Go Jackets!

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
He's scored 25 for us? I must have missed it. So a guy who isn't scoring and gets pulled out of the lineup and now he's going to be a cancer. Entitlement much? Alex got pulled, busted his hump in practice and gets another chance. Seems to me like that's a good teammate. You people are pitiful. Do you even like this team?
“Be a cancer?”........He’s upset that he’s sitting. Totally understandable. Would you rather he’d be passively fine & dandy with it?

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
voodoo-doll-boston-bruins.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad