GDT: The Take Home Ice Advantage Game|CBJ@Bruins|Game 2 Series 2|4-26-19|8:00 NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Just what we need against Boston Wennie the Pooh. Maybe he can lick the honey from the jar without getting his nose stuck inside. I mean, I know that Dzingell has not been impressive, but other than the fourth line who was? Putting Pooh into the lineup against the Bears seems to make things worse, not better. I think he will get thrown around more than Bjork.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
We must be trying to lose this series. Wennberg in for Dzingel makes no sense to me. And now it sounds like Dzingel is going to pout about it. This isn't the sh*t we need in the dressing room right now.

What can Wennberg possibly bring to this series? We know what we have in him. It's the reason he hasn't played for a few weeks.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Per Hedger update, Nuti (and Gavorik) said they are not playing.

As for Dzingel, and obvious that Torts lacks trust in him based on his TOI. Admittedly Dzingel hasn't been visible in the five playoff games.

And another thing, if Torts says he's not going to discuss lineup decisions to keep it secret from Boston, maybe the players should shut their traps too.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Is Wennie going to play LW on the same line as Dzingel was or is there more line-o-matic going on? How long since Wennie played?
I hope there's not the wholesale line blender cranking after just one game - one that went to OT. Things looked good vs TB and while Boston is a whole different team, it'd seem to me an overreaction to.....well I'm not sure to what.

And for those wanting Sedlak, let's not get sucked into trying to play Boston's game. We have feistiness; they may have more of it. Speed is something we have more of and we need to find ways to better use it.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
We must be trying to lose this series. Wennberg in for Dzingel makes no sense to me. And now it sounds like Dzingel is going to pout about it. This isn't the sh*t we need in the dressing room right now.

What can Wennberg possibly bring to this series? We know what we have in him. It's the reason he hasn't played for a few weeks.
He'll bring his two goal scoring punch with him. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Link? Tweet? Where did you here this?

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Well we are already giving Wenny a boost that he needs. Im way too trustfull for CBJ tonight, first one was rusty rusty one, but now i think we will be ready for this game. 2-5 to Jackets. Wenny,Boone x2, Nash and Andy will score. Thank you come again

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Ah. I see it only took one loss for the dumb lineup decisions to return...

Guess Torts might still be the old dog we thought he was...

That being said, before Tom Wilson happened, Wennberg actually looked really good in the playoffs last year. But, he’s clearly checked out mentally and probably physically at this point, so this is probably going to bite us.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

While I don't think Dzingel has distinguished himself, we've been on a great run since Wennberg sat. It strikes me that our issues after the first period weren't the Bruins scoring; rather it was us not scoring. So just as you asked - what can Wennberg bring to the series. (@EspenK, @leesmith - this is your cue to respond "his toughness and grit. :D)

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Is Wennie going to play LW on the same line as Dzingel was or is there more line-o-matic going on? How long since Wennie played?

My bet is Jenner goes up to flank Duchene/Atkinson and Wennberg will be 4LW

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
While I don't think Dzingel has distinguished himself, we've been on a great run since Wennberg sat. It strikes me that our issues after the first period weren't the Bruins scoring; rather it was us not scoring. So just as you asked - what can Wennberg bring to the series. (@EspenK, @leesmith - this is your cue to respond "his toughness and grit. :D)
The real issue was the entire team was not up to playoff speed after not playing for a week. How can Wennberg be up to playoff speed when he hasn't played for about 3 weeks? Can he play defense well? Absolutely but he has done nothing to help this team score goals.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Looks like Wennberg is drawing in for Dzingel
So all those expecting Dzingel to be the surest bet to re-sign with the Jackets........
So yeah about Ryan dzingel staying.

Not that I'm saying I like the move, as I believe Dzingel's shot is an asset that can be used in the right situations and is something Wenny doesn't offer, but PLEASE lets not turn this into a "blame Torts" moment. If there's anybody that DESERVES to come out of the lineup (offensively) its Dzingel. Dzingel AND Duchene know this.

I see him filling in for Dzingel 100%. On the wing and possibly low minutes. I'm obviously not a Wennberg fan, but Dzingel recently (and often unfortunately) looks a lot on the ice like a worse skating Wennberg that can only shoot. Both guys need to ramp up the intensity.

Still would like to see Sedlak and Gavrikov in.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
And another thing, if Torts says he's not going to discuss lineup decisions to keep it secret from Boston, maybe the players should shut their traps too.

Legit point.

Serious question, what ARE the rules for teams announcing lineups before the games??

These comments could potentially be diversions?

Not saying they are, just that I don't see Clendening playing 10 minutes again tonight.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Wennberg will be a disaster. Not having played in almost a month, I anticipate he will make at least one mistake giving the Bruins a goal. I mean, Wennberg in form and in shape is a disaster against a team like Boston. Not having played in almost a month, well ...........

I am concerned that Torts is not maintaining his cool.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Not that I'm saying I like the move, as I believe Dzingel's shot is an asset that can be used in the right situations and is something Wenny doesn't offer, but PLEASE lets not turn this into a "blame Torts" moment. If there's anybody that DESERVES to come out of the lineup (offensively) its Dzingel. Dzingel AND Duchene know this.

I see him filling in for Dzingel 100%. On the wing and possibly low minutes. I'm obviously not a Wennberg fan, but Dzingel recently (and often unfortunately) looks a lot on the ice like a worse skating Wennberg that can only shoot. Both guys need to ramp up the intensity.

Still would like to see Sedlak and Gavrikov in.

I have more confidence in Dzingel finding his game than Wennberg.

While wennberg brings more to the table when it comes to defensive play and special teams play, dzingel brings way more potential offense to the table. True, he isn’t scoring and isn’t necessarily playing well, but what he could bring offensively is way better than what wennberg’s could be. Wennberg isn’t bringing any sort of physical element to the team (neither is dzingel). It just seems like a move made because they lost. But we’ll go with it.

But yeah, rip to Dzingel staying. Not that we would have tried to sign him anyway given his production.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
If so, there goes the effectiveness of that 4th line.

I’m pretty sure that Wenny-Dubi when paired have been absolutely brutal this year.

Yup and Yup.

Supposedly "the numbers" show that Dubinsky drags Wennberg and the line down.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
So wennberg is going into the lineup tonight and dzingel is a healthy scratch. I’m sure this will go over well
Looks like Wennberg is drawing in for Dzingel

I'm going to catch some flack for posting this.. but..

as many know on here, I have been one of Wennberg's biggest critics. I have stated so many times how I was/am over his game. however, Dzingel has been horrible over the last few weeks, including playoffs. He's not making plays, he's not using his shot, his current form is similar to what we have saw of Wennberg in recent past, he's just... there.

0 points in the playoffs.
1 goal, 2 assists.. 3 points in his last 11 games.

I remember vividly thinking to myself thursday night (after seeing Dzingel touch the puck), "he REALLY needs to start producing"...

he hasn't. thus, insert Wennberg.

also, reminder: just because someone becomes a healthy scratch (quite possible that it's just for this game), that DOESN'T mean that it's a given that said player will not re-sign with us.

Last edited:
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm going to catch some flack for posting this.. but..

as many know on here, I have been one of Wennberg's biggest critics. I have stated so many times how I was/am over his game. however, Dzingel has been horrible over the last few weeks, including playoffs. He's not making plays, he's not using his shot, his current form is similar to what we have saw of Wennberg in recent past, he's just... there.

0 points in the playoffs.
1 goal, 2 assists.. 3 points in his last 11 games.

I remember vividly thinking to myself thursday night (after seeing Dzingel touch the puck), "he REALLY needs to start producing"...

he hasn't. thus, insert Wennberg.

also, reminder: just because someone becomes a healthy scratch (quite possible that it's just for this game), that DOESN'T mean that it's a given that said player will not re-sign with us.

Why would he want to stay on a team that he undoubtably feels isn’t using his talents correctly as well as not fitting in to the teams style of play. His odds of staying, short of re-entry into the lineup and sudden resurgence, is gone.

But whatever. No big loss and it’s a debate for another day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->