The swedish team is surrounded by chaos and uncertainty

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

* Things are still NOT clear about Forsberg even though we have a match less than 2 days from now.

*Norstrom has concussion like sympthoms that is likley to go away after 2-10 days and has asked for 2-3 more days before a final decision. Will atleast miss first game.

sigh, this must be a parody :shakehead :shakehead

SChan*

shawn_kemp said:
that sucks. but I'm sure Forsberg will play

for some reason the flyers doctor hasn't given him the test after a MRI he did yesterday.

SChan*

Vikke said:
This sucks. I mean it, this really, really sucks.

flyers newspapers are writing that forsberg shouldn't go. They are making life hard for peter.

Peter has done all he could, but it seems that the pressure from flyers is too much.

so much for the CBA agreement.

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
SectionX said:
Peter has done all he could, but it seems that the pressure from flyers is too much.

I think his groin is the one pressuring him not to play. Clearly he would go if he could, no matter what Bobby Clarke or Ed Snider say. I dont get the impression that Swedish hockey fans really care if Forsberg is healthy or not.

shawn_kemp*

but hey, realistically, Sweden won't get any worse without Forsberg. he's had no impact in 1998 or at the 2004 WCup

shawn_kemp*

DayWalk3r said:
Im really pissed of now, but I can only imagine what Peter feels like. :rant:

anyone know the adress to Snider's home? :help: :dunno:

Philadelphia, USA

To drop bomb, press HERE

:D

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
SectionX said:
flyers newspapers are writing that forsberg shouldn't go. They are making life hard for peter.

so much for the CBA agreement.

This isn't about the CBA agreement. This is about a player who has sat out the last 8 games for the team paying him millions of dollars, and they have struggled badly without him in the lineup. If he plays in Turin, then he was simply resting his injuries while continuing to collect a paycheck from a team that needs him on the ice. IMO he should not go and should rest for the 2 weeks and come back to help the Flyers.

shawn_kemp*

Tuggy said:
This isn't about the CBA agreement. This is about a player who has sat out the last 8 games for the team paying him millions of dollars, and they have struggled badly without him in the lineup. If he plays in Turin, then he was simply resting his injuries while continuing to collect a paycheck from a team that needs him on the ice. IMO he should not go and should rest for the 2 weeks and come back to help the Flyers.

I don't agree with this analysis.

NHL contracts and salaries are regulated by the CBA.

The CBA says that the NHL will release its players to play in the Olympics. Period.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
shawn_kemp said:
I don't agree with this analysis.

NHL contracts and salaries are regulated by the CBA.

The CBA says that the NHL will release its players to play in the Olympics. Period.

The Flyers aren't holding him back from playing but I think it's their right to tell him what they think. If he goes to play in Turin then IMO that's dissrespectful to the Flyers.

MrAlfie

the new york rangers should stop sending players aswell, lundqvist should rest and recover from his athletes foot, and jagr needs to recover from amputatis mulletitis.
its gettin ridiculous now, the nhl is becoming a joke , and teams like philly anaheim and any other teams who refuse to send players, and yes they REFUSE to send the players, they ARENT injured , if you can play in the league than youre able to play in the olympics, they should be ashamed of themselfs.
its almost a parody how these teams try to benefit from the olympic break, and i hope these teams will have the bad karma hit them as hard as it can.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
MrAlfie said:
the new york rangers should stop sending players aswell, lundqvist should rest and recover from his athletes foot, and jagr needs to recover from amputatis mulletitis.
its gettin ridiculous now, the nhl is becoming a joke , and teams like philly anaheim and any other teams who refuse to send players, and yes they REFUSE to send the players, they ARENT injured , if you can play in the league than youre able to play in the olympics, they should be ashamed of themselfs.
its almost a parody how these teams try to benefit from the olympic break, and i hope these teams will have the bad karma hit them as hard as it can.

So are you telling me that Peter Forsberg isn't injured?

MrAlfie

he might be right now but he should be able to play in the next days, and like i said its a shame how many nhl teams dont give a **** about the players wanting to represent their countries.

Coffee and 7's*

We have a Nylander in his best form incase it whouldn't work out with Forsberg...so there is no need to be all crazy about this

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Tuggy said:

Thats BS. You play when you can and don't play when you can't. Is that hard to understand or are you just stuipid?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
MrAlfie said:
he might be right now but he should be able to play in the next days, and like i said its a shame how many nhl teams dont give a **** about the players wanting to represent their countries.

First of all, you need to understand that the NHL is a business. These owners have millions of dollars tied up in these players. So Forsberg sits around resting his injuries while the Flyer's continue to pay him...suddenly he's healthy enough to play for Sweden, so he's play in Turin. He gets hurt again in Turin and then comes home contiuning to collect a paycheck from the Flyers. That's a shame...

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Ola said:
Thats BS. You play when you can don't play when you can't. Is that hard to understand or are you just stuipid?

I understand completely. Forsberg isn't healthy enough to play for the Flyers, therefore he shouldn't be healthy enough to play for Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->