OT: On this episode of Days of the OT..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I use the Adblock browser on my Android phone and I have no issues with the site.

Yeah, I just like using Chrome across all devices. I used Adblock for a while but I don't like having a separate browser just for my phone.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
i quit my crappy and stressful job last week, and now am looking for a good and not stressful job, if anyone knows about anything in the buffalo area. feels good. but also a bit scary. i am good to go with money for a while, although i am already starting to miss the structure of having to get up every morning and just go through my routine. that and my life has seemingly morphed into an endless series of cover letters......
If you're not getting unemployment, consider picking up something part-time service related just to get you human contact.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Is anyone here a cordcutter? Im getting interested in switching to streaming content if and when i move to my new place. I like the Nvidia shield TV. But curious about anyones opinions.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
When I was writing my first novel a few years ago, I set a goal of 1,000 words a week. It's not much, but it kept me honest. I finished the first draft in about 14 months. My current project has had fits and starts, largely due to home improvement projects I've undertaken in the past few months, but I'm trying to resume the 1k/wk concept. So far so good. Almost at 18.5k words as of today, with another 4-6k chunk in a separate file needing to be edited and slotted in when the plot reaches that part. To put it in perspective, 18.5k words puts me on page 58 of a MS Word document. My target for this project is 85-90k. And for those who are curious, it's a young adult fantasy about two sisters and the power of music.

Is anyone here a cordcutter? Im getting interested in switching to streaming content if and when i move to my new place. I like the Nvidia shield TV. But curious about anyones opinions.

If you don't care about watching things live other than sports [reddit covers that area very nicely], it's definitely a worthwhile change.

Reactions: IlikeEich

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
If you're not getting unemployment, consider picking up something part-time service related just to get you human contact.
ha, I'm not too worried. If I am not home working on something I am usually out and about with friends or at a coffee shop writing cover letters

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I use the Adblock browser on my Android phone and I have no issues with the site.
How? I tried Adblock, but when I opened the site a message came up saying I needed to turn off pop-up blockers to continue.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
How? I tried Adblock, but when I opened the site a message came up saying I needed to turn off pop-up blockers to continue.
You have to read the whole thing

upload_2019-10-18_19-26-2.png

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
If anyone wants to enter a blackhole a time travel back a decade check out the who is who thread. Gave me all types of feels, especially when I found mine from 2008. So young, so innocent.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Good luck. I'm still working my not-really-paying-my-bills job and getting floated by my parents for now. I have to find something more. I don't know how I'm going to fit it in on the weeks when I have custody, which means I either find one that can cover my bills which I would prefer or I figure out how to work nights from home. *sigh*
yeah, the struggle is real. You're done with school though, right?

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Natural resource conservation, so basically a flavor of forestry, yeah.

Yeah, I know a bit about NRC. We used to partner with the Soil Conservation Service which became the National Conservation Resources Service. Made maps for them, contracted for aerial photography (NAPP and NHAP) in partnership with them. One of my close associates out here is retired from NRCS back in DC.

So the question is then have you applied to NRCS (Fed job)? Another option is applying to NRCS's contractors and subs? Not as secure a path as a Fed job but it's my understanding that virtual hiring freezes are in place for fed jobs under the current administration..

Lots of States have related programs as part of their Ag services as well. There's academia and foundations of course. Never overlook the NGO's (The Nature Conservancy comes to mind) that are out there that support ecosystems management, monitoring and sustainability.

You probably already have this all figured out so I apologize for repeating the obvious. I am interested however in what pathway(s) you do pursue however..

Unfortunately, 6 years into Fed retirement has pretty much extinguished all of my past operational POCs.

All the best to you nonetheless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainshot

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Election day in Canada. Go vote or you can't complain about the federal government for the next four years! Your one vote does matter. Until the votes are counted you don't know if one vote may swing a riding but more importantly if everyone that says or thinks that their vote doesn't matter actually voted it WOULD sway at least certain ridings so take a few minutes out of your day to do your civic duty.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Election day in Canada. Go vote or you can't complain about the federal government for the next four years! Your one vote does matter. Until the votes are counted you don't know if one vote may swing a riding but more importantly if everyone that says or thinks that their vote doesn't matter actually voted it WOULD sway at least certain ridings so take a few minutes out of your day to do your civic duty.
Electile dysfunction is the inability to get aroused by any of the parties standing for election.

Reactions: SabresSharks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad