OT: On this episode of Days of the OT..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
So the fantasy hockey group I was in disbanded a couple years ago. I’m curious if anyone here is part of any leagues, ideally with a modest buy in (~20-50 for the year). Something that would be running their draft this weekend through some online medium like Yahoo. Send me a PM if so

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Woof. Found out today two more of my teammates left while I was moving. This is on the heels of my manager taking a different role and two teammates swapping teams last month. That takes us down to a team of 6 from a team that had, 12-13 last year. We have no dedicated manager and no backfills coming. Tick Tock I suppose.

I actually have an interview with a former client of mine from my customer facing role next week. We had a good relationship. I knew they were in Orlando and they had a position so I sent him an add request on Linkedin when I relocated. It doesn't appear they are remote friendly and the recruiter, during an initial call, tried to strong arm me down salary wise before i even got to talk to someone about the position itself, so I'm a bit hesitant to say its a slam dunk. I've had people ask me about salary range but never say "What is the minimum you'd accept" on what was basically an HR screen. I know they are flush with cash and willing to spend from my previous time with them

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Havent drank in a helluva long while. Been working out the last few days, trying to get back on the GAINS train. Im getting chubby.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I am dead tired after a late hockey game last night and having to go to the gym early this morning.

But, staying unbeaten last night and getting to go with my wife to her training this weekend is worth it.

And it was a bad week to be my son's teammate. Two of his football teammates are probably done for the season after spraining ankles on Thursday and then one hockey teammate broke a collarbone and another probably has a concussion after their hockey scrimmage yesterday.

Thankfully, my son is just dealing with a stomach bug...

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Man this thing has died eh? Been a pretty crazy here at the doak household.

-Had 4 job interviews (1 in person, 3 remote)
-Got one job offer
-My Mom had a small stroke (she's fine thankfully, in the hospital getting tested)
-Going to Colorado tomorrow for my wife's oral boards (Going to be a mini vacation before she starts her surgery job)
-Today declined the job offer (wouldn't be able to get the needed childcare in place on time, and the role was contract to hire instead of direct hire, which meant no PTO and crappy benefits for up to a year)

Reactions: Franson

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I didn’t melt to death in Orlando.

It was a great training event and hopefully my wife is able to implement some of the big takeaways in her business.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
My dad was diagnosed with cancer in his throat. You can.t cut it out because it is already too big, now we're looking at a lot of chemo and other stuff.

f*** cancer.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
My dad was diagnosed with cancer in his throat. You can.t cut it out because it is already too big, now we're looking at a lot of chemo and other stuff.

**** cancer.
My dad died of esophageal cancer 30 years ago. Fist / apple sized tumor removed via surgery, I think at the "bottom" of his throat / top of his stomach. I know they took out a valve which kept his stomach contents "down" so he basically slept in a recliner until the end days. Radiation only (chose not to do chemo as we kids were 21,22,23 years old, and his health wasn't too good to begin with). Truly hope you & your dad / family have a longer battle and better outcome than mine did. Best wishes with a crappy situation. Sorry.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I would also suggest downloading MyFitnessPal and tracking how much you are eating.

I'm down around 16 lbs to 189 over the past two months and that is the only change I made.

I need to play around with it more, but it certainly has a broad selection of things already programmed into it. I feel a bit better, been using it (again) for about three weeks and have lost a couple of pounds. It game-ified it for me. If I can see the score, I find it easier to pass on snacks or to skip junk outright. I'm not perfect, both in my pescetarianism and in my general eating, but it has made a difference.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

**** cancer.

That sucks Duds. Cancer blows. Hoping for the best for your father.

My new girlfriend is having her thyroid removed in November. While we were getting to know one another, she got a diagnosis and it is the nastiest of the varieties of thyroid cancer.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Well, I’ve had one hell of a day. Our house was struck by lightning this morning. Now we’re slowly trying to recover. Got all of our utilities back on, but TV/Internet/Phone are all still out (Spectrum is coming tomorrow to take care of those), and we have quite a few things that need to be replaced because they got fried when the power surged. I’m exhausted after all of this!

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Just read the article by Jesse Washington on ESPN. He called out LeBron James for not speaking up on China. Great article if you've got time to read it.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
i quit my crappy and stressful job last week, and now am looking for a good and not stressful job, if anyone knows about anything in the buffalo area. feels good. but also a bit scary. i am good to go with money for a while, although i am already starting to miss the structure of having to get up every morning and just go through my routine. that and my life has seemingly morphed into an endless series of cover letters......

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
i quit my crappy and stressful job last week, and now am looking for a good and not stressful job, if anyone knows about anything in the buffalo area. feels good. but also a bit scary. i am good to go with money for a while, although i am already starting to miss the structure of having to get up every morning and just go through my routine. that and my life has seemingly morphed into an endless series of cover letters......

Good luck. I'm still working my not-really-paying-my-bills job and getting floated by my parents for now. I have to find something more. I don't know how I'm going to fit it in on the weeks when I have custody, which means I either find one that can cover my bills which I would prefer or I figure out how to work nights from home. *sigh*

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
OT- are they ever going to update the site so these Ads aren't so annoying? It's completely ruined the flow of the site. The site lags a ton for me now.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
OT- are they ever going to update the site so these Ads aren't so annoying? It's completely ruined the flow of the site. The site lags a ton for me now.

uBlock Origin does a good job on PC, but yeah, I generally don't bother checking the site on my phone anymore.

Reactions: Dubi Doo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad