OT: On this episode of Days of the OT..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I dunno, I'm glad we're getting a break from the 80's and humidity for a week or so here. I get to dress comfortably again for a little bit... which to me is jeans and a t-shirt, and maybe a hoodie or fleece or something if it dips a little too much.

I hate the warm weather. So I guess I belong in Buffalo. :laugh:

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
It was summer for a week here in buffalo and now we've been sent back to spring to re-evaluate our lives

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I just wanna say studying for the bar exam sucks. I don't think I've ever felt more stupid or stressed in my life.

Shout out to all the lawyers on this board who managed to make it through this crap.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I just wanna say studying for the bar exam sucks. I don't think I've ever felt more stupid or stressed in my life.

Shout out to all the lawyers on this board who managed to make it through this crap.

Wait until 2 years after the bar and you don't practice in 95 percent of the areas you studied. So all the hard work now, just kind goes to the side.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Wait until 2 years after the bar and you don't practice in 95 percent of the areas you studied. So all the hard work now, just kind goes to the side.

I'm a tax nerd, so I'll be practicing in exactly 0 of the areas I'm studying for the bar. :laugh::cry:

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
This has been the worst summer weather wise that I can remember. We have had 2 days above 80 degrees here and it June 17th... It starts getting darker everyday starting on the 21st.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This has been the worst summer weather wise that I can remember. We have had 2 days above 80 degrees here and it June 17th... It starts getting darker everyday starting on the 21st.

Agreed, but from the other side of things. It's already almost 90 here and it's not even 10 o'clock yet.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
On lawyers and the bar:

I wish more states would return to the era of our forefathers where sitting for the bar did not require a law degree.

Very fair point, but note also if the bar exam was easier, society likely would have both a larger number, and a larger percentage, of shoddy lawyers.

I'm glad I'm not a lawyer
We're glad you're not a lawyer, too. ;)

On the weather:
Summer was fun, fall is upon us. 57 degrees out.
We had a low of upper 50's a couple nights ago. A welcome respite where I live. Normally, from ~June 1 through mid-September, the low doesn't drop below 70 degrees for more than a handful of nights. Could actually open the house door for a few morning hours.

3 weeks without rain from May 12th to May 30th, 10 straight days of upper-90s. Several evenings were 96 degrees at 6:30 PM, 91 degrees at 8:45 pm. Water conservation / irrigation ban here after having a massive 108 inches of rain in 2018, nearly 2x the annual average, and ~33% more than the prior record.

Summer here has moved directly on into the oven.
It was in the oven, taken out to cool for 2-3 days, then put right back into the oven. Highs of 90s, no rain, all this week.

Agreed, but from the other side of things. It's already almost 90 here and it's not even 10 o'clock yet.
I hear you. 92 at 2:30 pm, but only 54% humidity, so the heat index is only 100.

Heading to 716/416 this w/e to visit wife's friends in Kitchener / Waterloo. Looking forward to temperate weather. My wife wants to move to Orlando when we "retire". I won't be able to handle it.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just now trying to get my old retirement plan sorted out so my ex gets her pound of flesh. Ugh. So much dealing with admin types all day today.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
On lawyers and the bar:
I wish more states would return to the era of our forefathers where sitting for the bar did not require a law degree.

Very fair point, but note also if the bar exam was easier, society likely would have both a larger number, and a larger percentage, of shoddy lawyers.

We're glad you're not a lawyer, too. ;)

On the weather:
We had a low of upper 50's a couple nights ago. A welcome respite where I live. Normally, from ~June 1 through mid-September, the low doesn't drop below 70 degrees for more than a handful of nights. Could actually open the house door for a few morning hours.

3 weeks without rain from May 12th to May 30th, 10 straight days of upper-90s, water conservation / irrigation ban here after having 108 inches of rain in 2018.

It was in the oven, taken out to cool for 2-3 days, then put right back into the oven. Highs of 90s, no rain, all this week.

I hear you. 92 at 2:30 pm, but only 54% humidity, so the heat index is only 100.

Heading to 716/416 this w/e to visit wife's friends in Kitchener / Waterloo. Looking forward to temperate weather. My wife wants to move to Orlando when we "retire". I won't be able to handle it.
I want to go on a travel review website for Waterloo and post in the reviews section using the handle Napoleon Bonaparte "This place totally sucks!" and give it zero stars.

Reactions: Moncton man

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I thought I would be doing tax and some contract law. The firm that hired me after the bar suddenly needed somebody to do litigation and I was it. Butterflies anyone? Turned out well for me though even if totally unexpected.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That was an easy deal for me.

My ex got the house. I got to keep all of my retirement.

When we sold our house, we dispersed all of our joint debt back in 2013. The only real asset we had when we split was my account (and her business, which she told me she would shutter if I tried to get a percentage of it).

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
When we sold our house, we dispersed all of our joint debt back in 2013. The only real asset we had when we split was my account (and her business, which she told me she would shutter if I tried to get a percentage of it).
Friend is a lawyer. The day he and his wife separated she quit her teaching job claiming she was too stressed. Then sued him for support.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Friend is a lawyer. The day he and his wife separated she quit her teaching job claiming she was too stressed. Then sued him for support.

Reading your posts has me wanting to you tube search the stand-up of the late Sam Kinison...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->