The Steven Stamkos Playoffs (Non-)Performance Thread

Should the Bolts Strip Stamkos of the C?

• Total voters

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
cut.jpg

Are you implying Ovechkin is a one trick pony?

He did everything. Hit, scored, blocked shots, back checked, put his heart and soul into it. Ovechkin isnt one dimensional. He put on an all around great performance.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Doesn’t matter if Hedman, Point, Kucherov were wearing the C, Lightning would still be down 2-0.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Stamkos is still young. I remember reading threads exactly like this but with Datsyuk in the title. He’ll figure it out. It just might not be with Tampa if they continue failing on a comic level.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
There's no doubt about it, Stamkos is a playoff flop. He gets treated with kid gloves by the media because he's a media darling. A lot of the hockey media golf with him at the club.

If he was Russian he would be lambasted. But it's largely silence for Stamkos.

His record in big elimination playoff games is absolutely embarrassing.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
It was a mistake to sign him. I got insulted on the TB forum at the time, but this is why. They did quite well without him in the playoffs, he's not a difference maker when it matters.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Honestly, people are way too easy on Stamkos. He should be getting a lot of flak for yet another chokejob in a long list of choke jobs throughout his career. Your best players have to step it up when it matters. Tampa should absolutely consider moving him if he doesn’t show up in the rest of the series

but but this thread is not about best players but Stamkos

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
He should be stripped of the C if they lose this series. Stammer is in his prime in terms of age and playoff experience. He’s not a 21 year old learning the grind of the playoffs.

I will say this, he has a huge opportunity with Kucherov suspended to put the team on his back, and get them back in this series. That would ease the critics. History says it probably won’t happen, but never say never in sports.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
Yet you won't ever hear about it on a national tv (US or Canada). Because you know - he ain't no Russian.
Of course not. Hes a goood old canadian boy. If his name was Sergei Stamkov he would have been called out years ago. He's a glorified Ray Sheppard

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
It was a mistake to sign him. I got insulted on the TB forum at the time, but this is why. They did quite well without him in the playoffs, he's not a difference maker when it matters.

They didn't exactly face top opposition that postseason. They beat the Red Wings and the Islanders. Once they faced one of the top teams from the conference, they lost.

The points being made in this thread stand up on their own without stretching the truth.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
They didn't exactly face top opposition that postseason. They beat the Red Wings and the Islanders. Once they faced one of the top teams from the conference, they lost.

The points being made in this thread stand up on their own without stretching the truth.

It's not stretching the truth. They got to the conference finals without him. Trying to play games by saying 'oh they played bad teams' is a weak argument. You could play that game with Stanley Cup Champions, 'oh yeah sure they won, but they played bad teams so it doesn't count!!!'

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Stamkos could have had a hatrick last night with a bit of puck luck. He looked dangerous when I saw him.

Hmmm. I didn't think anyone looked dangerous on Tampa whatsoever aside from that three minute window in the third before Nash drove the dagger through the heart.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stamkos wasn't very good after the broken leg up until this year. The playoffs exposed that a lot, to anyone paying attention. Stamkos was fantastic this year, but, of course, none of our stars have been great so far in these playoffs. But Stamkos is pretty much the only guy getting scoring chances, so, even if I'm concerned, there are a ton of other players I'm more concerned about right now.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
They should've kept Drouin and given him the C instead. Bad management imo.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Give the C to Kucherov and they will win the Cup.
You really want a player who constantly does dumb shit when frustrated to be your captain? If the C was to be given to someone it's probably Point.

Khomutov

Sep 22, 2015
With the Kucherov suspension and being the Captain Stamkos is really under big pressure now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->