Prospect Info: The St. Louis Blues Top-20 Prospect List

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Now that I found some time, I thought it best to give the official announcement of the Blues top-20 list as voted by the HFBlues community.

The St. Louis Blues Top-20 Prospect List (2020 - 2021 Season):
1) Jordan Kyrou - 83.3% (Run-off Vote)
2) Scott Perunovich - 76.9%
3) Klim Kostin - 57.9%
4) Niko Mikkola - 42.9%
5) Jake Neighbours - 61.1%
6) Nikita Alexandrov - 48.6%
7) Joel Hofer - 69.4%
8) Tyler Tucker - 31.6%
9) Alexei Toropchenko - 27.6%
10) Dylan Peterson - 44.8%
11) Keean Washkurak - 29%
12) Austin Poganski - 36.7%
13) Hugh McGing - 25.0%
14) Colten Ellis - 52.6% (Run-off Vote)
15) Mathias Laferriere - 42.3%
16) Leo Loof - 32.0%
17) Matt Kessel - 37.0%
18) Vadim Zherenko - 38.5%
19) Tanner Dickinson - 54.5%
20) Jake Walman - 44.0%

The percentages of the vote each received double as links to the respective thread the player won to receive their placement within the list.

Reactions: mk80 and Ranksu

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Should we run now our top 20 ballot ranking?
I'm not against running that as well. I can start it up late this week/early next week and then do the comparison the following week to show any changes.

However, I think there has to be enough people to make their own top-20 list. That's a tall order given that not many would know much about any prospect past #12 or so on their respective lists. That isn't to say it's not worth a try. I'm mostly throwing out an obvious obstacle that might make it difficult.

Still, I'll get a thread going soon. There's really no reason not to.

Reactions: Ranksu

EL Bandito

Mar 29, 2006
Edwardsville, IL
I think you all are sleeping on Walman for him to be all the way down at 20. While he's not the shiny prospect he once was he seems to be regaining lost confidence and looked quite good all camp. Imo, he should be no later than #12.

I feel he was one of the prospects that was the most adversely affected by having his first full AHL season spent being loaned out to Binghamton Devils due to the Blues losing the Chicago Wolves AHL franchise and not putting a higher emphasis on immediately acquiring another organization. It took Walman a while last year but he gradually started looking better and better after regaining confidence and now he's right on the doorstep of being an NHL player. He looked far better than Dunn and Gunnarsson in preseason, I'll say that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I think you all are sleeping on Walman for him to be all the way down at 20. While he's not the shiny prospect he once was he seems to be regaining lost confidence and looked quite good all camp. Imo, he should be no later than #12.

I think it is more of a numbers game. Dunn, Perunovich are likely ahead of him for that role. Mikkola is more developed all around D.

Left side is packed. If he was a RHD, then.....

EL Bandito

Mar 29, 2006
Edwardsville, IL
I think it is more of a numbers game. Dunn, Perunovich are likely ahead of him for that role. Mikkola is more developed all around D.

Left side is packed. If he was a RHD, then.....
While thats more than likely true doesnt diminish him as a prospect to put him under a number of other prospects just because of a logjam. He's of higher quality than probably half of the prospects ahead of him.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
While thats more than likely true doesnt diminish him as a prospect to put him under a number of other prospects just because of a logjam. He's of higher quality than probably half of the prospects ahead of him.

I don’t know about that. He was on a great trajectory, but injuries derailed him a bit. We need to see how he does this year. He wasn’t all that great last year.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm not against running that as well. I can start it up late this week/early next week and then do the comparison the following week to show any changes.

However, I think there has to be enough people to make their own top-20 list. That's a tall order given that not many would know much about any prospect past #12 or so on their respective lists. That isn't to say it's not worth a try. I'm mostly throwing out an obvious obstacle that might make it difficult.

Still, I'll get a thread going soon. There's really no reason not to.
For sake of history. I think we have done ballot since 2016 and compare it to normal vote.

And

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad