The St. Louis Blues...look bad

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Man, are we doing this again this year? Team x looks bad....

It's far to early to make any judgement calls.

But we do look bad and it is definitely cause for concern. 1-3-2 despite a very lucky PP that has 9 goals in 6 games, and goaltending that's actually been okay-ish. I'm not giving up on the season or anything, of course.

Reactions: klozge

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
A few things I have noted from this thread:

1) People love to make up their own nicknames for players.

2) When people dislike a coach or a player they go out of their way to ignore anything that doesn’t fit their hatred.

3) A lot of people seem to get that it’s early in the season and their were a lot of changes.

Finally, fire Yea and bring DJ Smith after the game Saturday night.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Love that the only team that the Blues have beaten is also the only team to beat the Preds.

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
They have a stacked offense, but their defense is very overrated IMO, and Allen is not a reliable starter. I don't think that their bad start says anything about the rest of thier season, they will most likely make the playoffs and will be competitive in the West.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Pretty sure many Blues fans were hesitant if they had made too many changes but meh, what do I know

The 'look forward' is the next 76~ games
WRONG. They want on and on about their team being so great this year and they made all the smart changes and this year will be different and blah blah blah

I Knew theyd suck, and they suck, but still early to know the level of the awful hockey they will display all year

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: stl76 and CykaBlyat

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
WRONG. They want on and on about their team being so great this year and they made all the smart changes and this year will be different and blah blah blah

I Knew theyd suck, and they suck, but still early to know the level of the awful hockey they will display all year

[mod]
Dude, seriously, did Tom Stillman run over your dog? Your overt hate for a team that isn't even a division rival is, well, disturbing.

Last edited by a moderator:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
They need to go back to the Botterelli ATM and get Eichel and Dahlin for whomever the 2 worst player on their roster are, their least promising prospect and a future first rounder that if it lands in the top 30 it's protected forever until the Blues win the cup. Botts will also agree to take an additional worthless cap dump as a sweetner.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
They turned over about half of their roster last year it’s going to take awhile for them to gel. There is a few things they need mainly a new coach, don’t think Yeo is a good fit for the team. Another top four LHD wouldn’t hurt either. Edmundson is solid, Dunn has potential, Bouwmeester is far past his prime.

Trading a young player and Bouwmeester for a better LHD would help balance their roster.

Even if they don’t make any move they should find their groove.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Ron Howard: “He wrote a novel.”

Come on, it was an abridged version. At least I didn't get into the minutia of what made the Blues a 'contender' or why their window was the length that it was.

It's frustrating. Jake Allen is a anchor.

We're clueless. How someone hasn't been fired is ridiculous.

Pretty spot on post. For the record though, even Bishop says he never would have developed as well as he did if he had stayed in STL or Ottawa. Sometimes with goalies they need to be bounced around to round out their coaching/experience to finally get good. Still as someone else already stated, the Blues are Pejorative Slured if they are not calling Columbus DAILY to ask about Bobrovsky.

I think it is time for the St. Louis Blues to forgive about Ryan Miller trade and acquire the last asset needed for this team to be a serious contender.

See the sad thing is, the Ryan Miller trade was a great move that failed for 3 reasons.

1. Too late in the season - bringing a lifelong Eastern Conference goalie to the West at the deadline meant there was no time for him to adjust before the playoffs. Years later look how well he's playing for Anaheim. If the Blues had made that deal around mid February, I think it would have worked out better.

2. The Blues are/were a terrible overrated team. They stagnated, as all teams did under Hitchcock, in the postseason. I was at some of those games. I watched them rollover and leave Miller out to dry. They spent those games penned in their own zone and gave him no offensive support. They would have needed prime-aged Hasek to get past the 1st round that year.

3. STL fans/media are as stupid as the management. They blamed everything on Miller when even the GM said that he was at best a "5-10%" improvement over Halak. Yet the fans/media acted like he was supposed to get a shutout every game, and rode him when he didn't. So instead of resigning him and keeping a great goalie in town for an extra couple years where he'd be able to adjust to the Western Conference play style, they lost him for nothing and now have Joke Allen in net while Miller is the best backup in the league and helping the Ducks (who on paper should be a bubble team at best) stay #1 in the Western Conference. (Seriously, Gibson and Miller are f***ing magicians last year/this year.) I know its still early, and they'll come down, but its hard to see them miss the playoffs whereas unless the Blues can pull off a mid season trade for Bobrovsky (hah!) it's hard to see them making the postseason.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
A different look to this team that has been hyped up during the off-season. It’s been a rough start so far....are we worried about them as a team moving forward?

1-3-2 through 6
Two problems to solve:goaltending and coaching. Both are a mess.

Reactions: HighNote

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Blues are the ultimate paper tiger of the NHL. Every year I put on a little bet on them to win the cup because they pay such good odds, and every year they disappoint. Looking at their roster player for player should match almost every team in the West.

Reactions: Jtown

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Blues are the ultimate paper tiger of the NHL. Every year I put on a little bet on them to win the cup because they pay such good odds, and every year they disappoint. Looking at their roster player for player should match almost every team in the West.

on paper great center depth. What isn't on paper is the fact that they one of the slowest group of centers in the league. Teams are getting faster and faster now and it seems to be the most important skill to acquire.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
As bad as goaltending has been, they've been averaging less than 3 goals a game.
That is why I am talking about two problems. I never understood what's so great about Yeo. His teams always have trouble scoring to some extent. When he can ride a hot goaltender and/or defence it accounts for some success team-wise. His playoff resume seems to always read "lost to the eventual Champion/SCF" so he gets a free pass.

I think he doesn't know how to use his offensive weapons successfully and the current STL roster has plenty of those on paper at least.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Come on, it was an abridged version. At least I didn't get into the minutia of what made the Blues a 'contender' or why their window was the length that it was.

Pretty spot on post. For the record though, even Bishop says he never would have developed as well as he did if he had stayed in STL or Ottawa. Sometimes with goalies they need to be bounced around to round out their coaching/experience to finally get good. Still as someone else already stated, the Blues are ******ed if they are not calling Columbus DAILY to ask about Bobrovsky.

See the sad thing is, the Ryan Miller trade was a great move that failed for 3 reasons.

1. Too late in the season - bringing a lifelong Eastern Conference goalie to the West at the deadline meant there was no time for him to adjust before the playoffs. Years later look how well he's playing for Anaheim. If the Blues had made that deal around mid February, I think it would have worked out better.

2. The Blues are/were a terrible overrated team. They stagnated, as all teams did under Hitchcock, in the postseason. I was at some of those games. I watched them rollover and leave Miller out to dry. They spent those games penned in their own zone and gave him no offensive support. They would have needed prime-aged Hasek to get past the 1st round that year.

3. STL fans/media are as stupid as the management. They blamed everything on Miller when even the GM said that he was at best a "5-10%" improvement over Halak. Yet the fans/media acted like he was supposed to get a shutout every game, and rode him when he didn't. So instead of resigning him and keeping a great goalie in town for an extra couple years where he'd be able to adjust to the Western Conference play style, they lost him for nothing and now have Joke Allen in net while Miller is the best backup in the league and helping the Ducks (who on paper should be a bubble team at best) stay #1 in the Western Conference. (Seriously, Gibson and Miller are ****ing magicians last year/this year.) I know its still early, and they'll come down, but its hard to see them miss the playoffs whereas unless the Blues can pull off a mid season trade for Bobrovsky (hah!) it's hard to see them making the postseason.
It would have cost them their 2014 first round pick if they resigned him:rolleyes:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yea and look at what a boon Robby Fabbri has been to their offense. Totally compensates for a lack of goaltending.

If only this kid can get healthy. He's a player, but right now he is just injury prone. Since I like him, since his draft year, alot. This is always frustrating reading he is hurt yet again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad