The St. Louis Blues...look bad

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Yeo was always a strange choice, but I also question some of the personnel choices. RoR and Bozak as your main distributors?

From what I’ve seen, pie is also feeling the affects of fatherhood.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
ROR has five assists so he’s pulling his weight. He may have a curse he brings along with him in the NHL from the avs to the Sabres to the blues. 1 win in what 6 games, that’s not going to make his “love for the game” come back.

Blues are better then this.

Just for reference the Canucks started 6-3–1 in each of the last two seasons and now this year they are 4-2. Guess who is the worst team in the NHL in the last three years? The Habs are what 4–1-1?
Carolina is one of the best teams in the metro And the Sabres are 3-3. Lol this will all change and go back to normal soon.

Of course the chances of all of it going back to normal isn’t good. The chances of everyone I named going back to normal isn’t good it’s probably likely one at least of the teams I named will surprise maybe someone like Carolina.

The blues can still contend for the playoffs and make noise. A lot of their core has playoff experience and has won a couple rounds, that’s important. Goaltending and coaching may be questionable and locker room morale may be low. Of course I was kidding about the ROR thing above but negativity does spread around like a virus. Duchene was in Colorado and they were one of the worst teams in the last twenty years and magically their a playoff team. Ottawa as a playoff team and he arrives and magically their one of the worst teams in the league. Of course Ottawa lost a lot more players then just adding duchene so that would be ridiculous to just name duchene as a reason or a cancer. (Due to Ottawa losing ten playersush and the internal drama of the team ownership management etc) but things like his have been known to happen.

St Louis has too many good players and prospects to be a bad team. I think they should move one of their cozillian can’t touch prospects they never gave Buffalo for a goalie or something.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They have a top 1o-ish roster in the league, and definitely when just counting forwards and defensemen. They also have a bottom-5 goalie tandem in the league though.

Jake Allen is terrible and the first goal tonight was a softy and it ultimately was the difference in the game. His goaltending last year was probably the difference in them missing the playoffs. And Chad Johnson just isn't good enough insurance. I'm surprised they didn't wanna try and bring Carter Hutton back.

Now if the Blues were a great team, as far as points and standings go, Jake Allen would probably be overrated by a bunch of people who just see ''Wow! They're a good team! So that means they must have a good goalie!'', just like people who see the Sharks and think Martin Jones is really good. I look at them and go ''They're a good team, but they don't have a very good goalie on the roster''. Allen was once touted as this great prospect and one of the better young goalies in the league, along with John Gibson and Vasilevskiy and a couple other then-up and comers LOL. I really think this is because he played on a stacked team and he's never been much better than average and Elliott was usually a lot better than him on that same team, and Elliott has been shit every year he hasn't played for them.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeo coached teams are mediocre at best.
Mediocre goaltending gets coaches fired. Just ask Ken Hitchcock how he lost his job there. I believe Allen was a sub-900 goalie when Hitch got fired.

I'm really not a Mike Yeo supporter either.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Mediocre goaltending gets coaches fired. Just ask Ken Hitchcock how he lost his job there. I believe Allen was a sub-900 goalie when Hitch got fired.

I'm really not a Mike Yeo supporter either.

Hitch got fired because he implemented man-to-man d coverage and it failed miserably. Guess what Yeo has been doing to start this year?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hitch got fired because he implemented man-to-man d coverage and it failed miserably. Guess what Yeo has been doing to start this year?
He also had weak goaltending from Allen, so does Yeo right now.

Hitch was already a lame duck anyway though, which announced before that season.

Just watching Allen, the eye test is confirming the save percentage. He allowed 3 goals tonight and the first goal was a bad one.

By the way, I don't like Yeo as a coach. He's not any good, but neither is Allen as a starting goaltender.

SC2GM

May 16, 2016
Everyone lost their minds. We're a cap team, yet we signed a third/fourth liner (Maroon) with the intentions of playing with Tarasenko? What kind of roster building/cap management insanity is that? I don't even know if there has ever been a time where Jake Allen has even belonged in the NHL, yet we run him out there every game. We even had him start the last game of last season, in a game that determined whether we made the playoffs or not. Meanwhile, Hutton, who was one of the best goalies in the league last season was forced to just sit there and twiddle his thumbs?

We're stupid is what we are. We're not out there wearing helmets for nothing man. It's frustrating. Jake Allen is a anchor. We could run out the western conference all star lineup, every game, and we'd still struggle to make the playoffs with Allen in net. We're spotting every team in the league at least 1 goal, every game. Even a Stanley Cup winning team would struggle to make the playoffs with no one playing in net... The Blues are playing with no one in net, without the adv of an extra skater...

We have the worst goalie management in the history of the universe. No matter how well another goalie performs, "Allen is our guy." Ben Bishop could have been 10 feet tall and 500 pounds and literally took up the whole freaking net, yet "gotta let you go... While we realize it's technically impossible for you to give up a goal, have you seen how good Allen is? Same deal."

I can't wait to watch history repeat itself... When Husso becomes one of the best goalies in the league, what team will he be on? Obviously not the Blues. Maybe we can trade for Phoenix "wouldn't make this trade if we weren't getting Copley" again, only to once again give him back... We're clueless. How someone hasn't been fired is ridiculous.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Everyone lost their minds. We're a cap team, yet we signed a third/fourth liner (Maroon) with the intentions of playing with Tarasenko? What kind of roster building/cap management insanity is that? I don't even know if there has ever been a time where Jake Allen has even belonged in the NHL, yet we run him out there every game. We even had him start the last game of last season, in a game that determined whether we made the playoffs or not. Meanwhile, Hutton, who was one of the best goalies in the league last season was forced to just sit there and twiddle his thumbs?

We're stupid is what we are. We're not out there wearing helmets for nothing man. It's frustrating. Jake Allen is a anchor. We could run out the western conference all star lineup, every game, and we'd still struggle to make the playoffs with Allen in net. We're spotting every team in the league at least 1 goal, every game. Even a Stanley Cup winning team would struggle to make the playoffs with no one playing in net... The Blues are playing with no one in net, without the adv of an extra skater...

We have the worst goalie management in the history of the universe. No matter how well another goalie performs, "Allen is our guy." Ben Bishop could have been 10 feet tall and 500 pounds and literally took up the whole freaking net, yet "gotta let you go... While we realize it's technically impossible for you to give up a goal, have you seen how good Allen is? Same deal."

I can't wait to watch history repeat itself... When Husso becomes one of the best goalies in the league, what team will he be on? Obviously not the Blues. Maybe we can trade for Phoenix "wouldn't make this trade if we weren't getting Copley" again, only to once again give him back... We're clueless. How someone hasn't been fired is ridiculous.

Since when is Maroon a 3rd/4th liner? You got a great deal for him.

Blues will be fine, its early.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Allen is a starter (albeit, a below average starter). Blues will be fine - teams as deep as them don't miss playoffs.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think their coaching staff just don't necessarily see eye-to-eye. They also need a true starting goaltender.

Maybe they make a trade with the Devils for one of their goaltenders.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I loved the ROR move as well as the Perron and Maroon signing. I don't get the Bozak one. Should have just run Thomas at 3C. Bozak got noticeably slower last season, and on a team with ROR and Schenn that really isn't a good thing. JVR really carried Bozak hard last season and I think now it's showing quite a bit.
if Bozak was our problem, we wouldn't have this thread. Maroon freaking sucks. He has his qualities but he's a 3rd liner and he finally found his way there, now he's not an issue other then being on the PP where is usage is brutal.

Yeo was always a strange choice, but I also question some of the personnel choices. RoR and Bozak as your main distributors?

From what I’ve seen, pie is also feeling the affects of fatherhood.
O'Reilly has been good though, he could have more points but you can tell he's trying to do to much. His wingers need to start producing 5on5.

Completely agree about Petro, we watched Vlad fall off the face of the earth when his kid was born...baffling issue
I think their coaching staff just don't necessarily see eye-to-eye. They also need a true starting goaltender.

Maybe they make a trade with the Devils for one of their goaltenders.

Schneider is expensive as were already up against the cap and isnt exactly a spring chicken or proving to be worth his contract. I still think coaching is torched first then goaltending. Wouldn't mind CS, but he'd have to come at the price of a swap for Allen to save NJ the money and not have to sit Schneider

Last edited:

bigbenst

Oct 10, 2017
I think it is time for the St. Louis Blues to forgive about Ryan Miller trade and acquire the last asset needed for this team to be a serious contender.

They should acquire Carey Price, in exchange of Alex Steen, Jake Allen, Robert Thomas and a 2019 first round pick.

The Blues are well built in the center position with poised 2-way centermen like ROR and Bozak that they can afford departing with Robert Thomas.

On the other hand, Marc Bergevin is attempting to pull a Max Pacioretty and hopefully, Steen and Allen will be Tatarized by their arrival in North America's French metropolis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad