GDT: "THE SPIN-O-RAMA"|Oilers vs. Tampa Bay|11.07.13|5:30PM|SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Slothersons*

6-0. Stamkos 6 goals. Hall and Yakupov -6. 8 threads on the main boards about Hall and Yakupov being busts.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Expecting something like this from the second line.

1452212_10153465965920637_1719108393_n.jpg

Buffalo Sabres doing their very best Edmonton Oilers impression.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
It is hard to comprehend why Smyth would be playing center.

Why not roll RNH-Gagner-Gordon-Arcobello?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The Flying V is hilarious. Should try it more often. Maybe drop pass like 4 times before finally taking a shot that's blocked. Might be more effective than our current offense. :sarcasm:

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
From top line left winger praised as the best board player on the team, to the 4th line center role in a month.

How the mighty have fallen.

The lines look like something Kreuger put together late last season as well. If Eakins has finally gotten over his own hubris and started looking at the few things that were successful with this team last year, hopefully footage of the powerplay is included.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
From top line left winger praised as the best board player on the team, to the 4th line center role in a month.

Good thing Eakins doesnt watch hockey or listen to his assistant coaches or have assistant coaches that explain Smyth was on the 4th line last year for a reason....though maybe they thought he would have one his patented "hey I'll just score 15 goals in the first 30 games and then do nothing for the rest of the year" starts

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Good thing Eakins doesnt watch hockey or listen to his assistant coaches or have assistant coaches that explain Smyth was on the 4th line last year for a reason....though maybe they thought he would have one his patented "hey I'll just score 15 goals in the first 30 games and then do nothing for the rest of the year" starts

There were quite a few things that could have been avoided if Smith or Bucky had taken two seconds to pull Eakins aside and explain a few things.

Either they are the ultimate sycophants and just praise everything Eakins says without any input, or they did give advice and Eakins ignored them.

Neither scenario is flattering to the coaching staff, or Katz's insistence on keeping them around.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
I still think Omark is being given a chance so we can trade a skill guy. That being said, he's paid his dues complaint free and I hope he succeeds.

Oh Oilers win 5-4 shoot out.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I still think Omark is being given a chance so we can trade a skill guy.

If Omark suddenly played like a player who made a skill guy expendable that would utterly amazing. I don't believe there's a chance it happens, but it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing.

Quokka

Oct 17, 2012
Regina, SK
There were quite a few things that could have been avoided if Smith or Bucky had taken two seconds to pull Eakins aside and explain a few things.

Either they are the ultimate sycophants and just praise everything Eakins says without any input, or they did give advice and Eakins ignored them.

Neither scenario is flattering to the coaching staff, or Katz's insistence on keeping them around.

Or, they are terribly inept and cannot assess players or implement systems at all and the Oilers have been saddling their head coaches with the same useless assistants for years. Not that it's any more flattering!

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
do not like Gagner at center

Yeah, I'd rather see Arcobello centering the 2nd line, and put Gagner on RW on the 3rd line. But hopefully Gagner can get his game going.

If we get decent goaltending, we might have a shot at this one. I guess that's a pretty big "if," however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->